Reviews for Dandelion Love of a Child
AngelOfMusic387 chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Aww... warm fuzzies all around. I wonder what Inuyasha would think if he remembered that he had worshiped Sesshoumaru, and that Sesshoumaru had called him something so endearing as "little dandilion."

I haven't read "The White Dog," but I plan to now. I like the idea of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha being such close brothers, even if Sesshoumaru is forced to not be nearly as close as he would like.

I appreciated that, while I haven't read the original story yet, I wasn't confused about the plot points and the original characters that showed up. There was enough back story to explain what was going on without going into all the detail that the original story probably goes through.

I'm only half done watching the series (I only just started watching anime, so I'm a bit behind the times, as it were), but I always got the sense that Sesshoumaru has more brotherly affection for Inuyasha than he lets on.

Well, off to read "The White Dog" now. Great story, as always.
magdilen chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
That was so cute!
001Kamikakushi chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
wow, this was utterly beautiful. Kindof cute, moving, heartbreaking, angtsy.

I usually don't like AU, but yours was so well-elaborated i can see it as the actual story.

You pictured everything well, a child's innocence (inuyasha), the honor and respect (Sesshoumaru defending his mother despite his hatred)...how their father instantly find a way to love his first son when he saw his sleeping face.

Sesshoumaru's silent affection for his brother is just like how he is toward Rin, so it's IC.)

it's a shame it's that short T_T.

a really good one-shot though. It's not random, it's just like a whole story.
Nixie002 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Loved the story ]
FoxFiire chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Really interesting, well-written side-story. Could even stand on its own, it's so good- one of the few times I'm sorry a one-shot isn't longer. ]
yaoicraze chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
this is so good whens the next chappie?
Ganheim chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Did his father even realize that he had humiliated his eldest son with his proud declaration naming his second son as his designated heir?

[I just wanted to point out that from everything I’d learned about Japanese culture, this would be a supremely shaming thing, and to their culture it might have been more merciful to have Sesshoumaru quietly killed rather than naming a second-born as the heir.]

A hanyou, a human child, to become Daimyo over all of the Western dog demons?

[I understand the rather default derogatory connotation that ‘a hanyou’ probably carries, but the second I am more curious about because though Inuyasha is a _human’s_ child he is not human himself. Or is this a reference to the human blood (as opposed to pure youkai blood) flowing through his veins?]

Couldn't Seibunishi have waited a few decades, at least until the child was of age, to spare his eldest son the humiliation of being ousted by an infant?

[Though wasn’t it standard practice for the declaration to be made as soon as the son was born (waiting until birth to be sure the child wasn’t a female, which wouldn’t be allowed to rule)?]

"Ni-san!"

[Though using the Japanese for ‘brother’ technically works, I feel the need to point out that virtually the entire rest of the story is in English, and therefore the presence of easily translatable Japanese is rather jarring, and to a reader who didn’t know Japanese this would be extremely confusing.]

At any rate, he formed an attachment so strong that one of the first few words he uttered was "Nii-san."

[I reference my note about easily translatable Japanese, and have to point out that according to Japanese, “nii-san” is one word. The honorific “-san” is a suffix that is nothing on its own, existing only to be attached to another word.]

The strong resemblance between this woman and his beloved "Nii-san"

[Brother?]

"Ba-baa!" spat Inuyasha and swiped at Yukishima with his tiny claws,

[At this, despite the fact that it can be relatively easily translated into English, the Japanese works. It just jumped out at me because after seeing ‘nii-san’ a few times I started subconsciously looking for translatable Japanese.]

"Bitch!" agreed Inuyasha, riding comfortably in his brother’s arms. "Bitch, bitch, bitch!"

[I’m sure this should have made somebody else gasp in horror, but I laugh every time I see it. Perhaps this could have been the beginning to Inuyasha’s favorite word?]

"Domo arigatou gozaimashita.

[I understand that the original language is Japanese, but this is easily translatable. Nothing is lost by saying “thank you very much” instead of “domo arigatou gozaimashita”, which can be disruptive to reading merely by virtue of its being Japanese in an otherwise English fic. I believe the narrative would be best served by English here.]

Sesshoumaru’s phrasing made it unclear whether he was saying that he did not know, or that he would not tell.

[Though I can imagine that his tone would make it sufficiently clear to somebody who knew him…like his father.]

I didn’t... ITAI!"

[Some Japanese is acceptable. This is Japanese that should by all rights I see should be English.]

See, Ofukuro’s laughing now..."

[Nothing would be lost in translation by saying ‘mother’ or ‘your mother’.]

Ichi, ni, san...

[Japanese that would lose nothing in translation, and the continuing English would only aid smoothing the narrative progression.]

Quite an interesting one-shot, and I think true to "The White Dog" (though a little off of the series, granted some of that information comes late in the manga during Sesshoumaru's training with the Meido). Aside from usage of Japanese when English would probably have belonged better, the story mechanics & etc were virtually flawless. I hope you have the time to check out one of my stories, I'd like to see your CC.

God bless and happy writing,

Ganheim
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
So nice. Hehe. Too bad it didn't work out after all...
evloner chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
very sweet story. I hope you continue to write more.
youkai chick supreme chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
aww, you had me all teary eyed for a moment up there... poor sesshy... i love it. and it's very well written. ja.
snowy chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
great fic!
The Bog Witch chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
What an interesting look at Inu-Yasha and Sesshoumaru's relationship! Nice job.
Warrior of Forest chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Lovely story, nice dynamic between Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. One thing: 'Ofukuro' is the very informal term men use to refer to their mothers. Ayako would never call herself that. Furthermore, Inuyasha called his mother 'hahaue' when he was little. That's it though, otherwise, wonderful!
Midnight Promise chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
lmao!

But. . .EW! MAN THAT WAS SICK WITH THAT LITTLE PART WITH THE PARENST!

lmao!

Anyway, love it, please write more!

_

AnimeFreakSlayer
SexyBod chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Whee! my older sister "psychocynic" made me read this, and it's, well, GOOD! nah. GREAT! make that FANTASTIC!_ nice one-shot!