Reviews for QED3 The Spare Heretic
Zack again chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
(bursts out laughin) well, I just checked your reviews, and I found my one hidden away, turns out I did review way back when! And I hope you notice that I was basicly quoting my self :) it is a really good story, I hope to find some more warhammer, but I will content myself with reading about the routabagas again :)
Zack chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
Hi there, I read QED a while back, when it was first uploaded, I didn't review it then, but as I stumbled across it again, I felt I should just let you know this is a wonderful story, one of the best written in the warhammer genre, I hope that you decide to continue it in the future. Burdock rocks! :)
I really mean it, so much of the storys in warhammer put too much focus on action, it is nice to read a simply well written story, sorry you didn't get a review from me way back when, but you have one now
Z
Alec chapter 10 . 12/22/2013
You did an amazing job! I really liked this story, and you did a great job of introducing the characters. There were some minor spelling and grammatical errors, but nothing to really fuss about on that end. Most of the crime solving was done by logic, which was good, but it would have been nice if there was a little more evidence to support it.
Very well done!
sealgaire chapter 10 . 3/21/2013
Are we going to hear more from Inquisitor Quaestorius? The Emperor demands it!
Zack the ripper chapter 10 . 3/15/2012
can i just say that this is an amazing story, a really in depth look at the left hand of the imperium of man, because this is so well written, i didn't even realise this was a collection of what can only be called books, and when i went on to your page, i was shocked to find such a wealth of stories! everything from the ilaid to david eddings, by the way your right, he has many deep seated problems with food.

very well done, can i ask for more warhammer? its so great to see a well written story here.
Carlo Gesualdo chapter 10 . 3/14/2012
A satisfying conclusion.

One itty-bitty quibble: they're Eversor Assassins, not Eversore Assassins. (Even if they do act like they've got something up their shoe all the time.)
Malicean chapter 10 . 3/14/2012
Yes! My least favourite suspect (well, except for Torquilan, who unfortunately got an alibi last chapter – but at least a nice sendoff here, too) turns out to be the bad guy. Though, really Mitch, once an Orgryn, of all people, starts to criticize your intellectual capabilities, you should know it's time to fold 'em. But no...

Colourful, dear Kili, colourful. I think I'll start sniggering, the next time I hear a door protesting about substandard maintenance. :P

Aitas, on top of other failings, was stupid enough to make a pass at the governor's mistress? Whoa, I didn't see that coming.

Unca 'Quisitor telling stories to little kids – there goes the whole institution's reputation ;-) Though, if 'no one expects the Imperial Inquisition...', why not '...to do exactly that'?

A rogue Eversore Assassin? Weeeell, that's the curse of success, Q. So we can hope for something action-packed, next? Great!
Carlo Gesualdo chapter 9 . 3/13/2012
So, not all was as it seems . . . actually didn't see that coming.
Hazvariel chapter 9 . 3/12/2012
Yay another fun chapter. It seems we are drawing closer to our answers. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great work.
Malicean chapter 9 . 3/12/2012
Headology is a wonderful tool, isn't it? For witches and Inquisitors, both, it seems.

Everyone forgets about the errand boy, huh? Even if kids that age are usually quick on the uptake.

"Was it entirely wrong to get a stab of guilty pleasure at the thought of Torquilan wondering why this young acolyte might turn pitying looks on him?" Not at all, Q, just human. :P

Oh dear, Kili, Left Hands and Right Hands are *rarely* on speaking terms with each other. But as astute and teachable as the kid is, she'll learn that soon enough.

And now the plot thickens...
Malicean chapter 8 . 3/10/2012
Ah, the classic – every detective needs some sidekick to do a little exposition, occasionally ;). Though yours is much more equal opportunity than usual.

I’d like to observe, however, that heavy breathing might occur even in very fit persons, depending on the level of exertion just undertaken. Regardless of whether it takes the form of a sprint across the (rich in stairs, as we know) area after an indubitably stressful jaunt of corpse shuffling or merely is the result of a young male pushing himself to the limit in order to impress his idol/superior. Still, what a wretched tangle that family is… ugh.

In any case, by the end of the discussion we are still left with only one suspect less than before and a whole company (if that is the proper collective noun for household guards?) of potentials more. Clever, dear author, clever.

As an aside, I note just who little Kili professes to have respect for – and denies marriageability of – and who not. Hmm…
Hazvariel chapter 8 . 3/8/2012
Another excellent chapter. Great job. Keep em coming.

I know this is slated for a scheduled ending but i would love to see more stories with these characters.

Your writing is engaging and i find myself looking forward to more. I usually enjoy stories with more combat action and less mystery. This, however, is fast becoming one of my favorites.
Carlo Gesualdo chapter 8 . 3/8/2012
Clever, clever Kiliana . . .
Guardsmen Maggot chapter 7 . 3/7/2012
Excellent as always. I have read your other fics in this series as well and they are sublime. Perhaps after QED3 you should make a longer fic, you write good Inquasition (sorry can never spell that :) )
Malicean chapter 7 . 3/5/2012
Well, well, the little sissy is a decent guy underneath (compassionate, capable of self-depreciating humour) - I'm starting to accept, he might be one the soldier respects. But could someone please take the boy to see a doctor? So much fainting can't be healthy, you know?

Hope the Librarian – and young Loridas (*snigger*) - get their wish, soon.

"some parlour catering to decadent tastes in mental degeneration" - Excellent turn of phrase, indeed!

A kid Inquisitor (gah, I just scared myself!) going a 'little beyond the call of duty ', satire of indeterminate intentionality by an Ogryn and gay marriage council by an Inquisitor – priceless!

Your new chapter just made my day, and my day really needed that, today.

For curiosity's sake: that club, what does the name say (no Latin – or High Gothic ;) - here)? Extrapolation gets something like 'speak of the devil' (well, hell, actually), but as the root of inferno is a simple 'down', I could be miles off...