Reviews for The Professor and his Landlady
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
I always thought professor sprout would retire at the same time as mcgonagall. And I can't really picture her as headmistress either, I always thought professor vector would get the job. Oh well. Great story.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Neville didn't have a very long career as a cryptobotanist.
Triscribe chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
Vicki Turner chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Your Hannah and Neville are adorable!

Also, I really love your Luna! She is so hard to write, but you manage to perfectly balance her oddness with a real sense of the world that allows her to actually connect with people and contribute to wizarding society. I often find that people make her too otherworldly, but you make it believable that she could be a prominent and respected researcher and a great friend.
pleurocoelus chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Nicely done.
mellpell chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Yippee! Go neville. And Hannah! And Lunas frankness is always endearing!
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Nice little story, very nice!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Awwww! Perfect proposal!
addictedheartache chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This was very nice, i liked the part between Minerva and Neville
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Another brilliant story
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Way to go Neville. And way to go Hannah. I found out what happened to Minerva, at least. And I loved that she is determined that Neville get the job and told him what to do to make sure that he would. Her and Harry as referees...the jobs a shoe in.

The Leaky Cauldron actually sounds like a place I would like to go for a meal now that it under Hannah's ownership.

dahilsaiyo chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Yes! Sometimes, less is more. I am referring to your ending of this story. Like JKR's 19 years later section.

Very delightful.
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 6/16/2012

Now that was a sweet story. It was also perfect for Neville and Hannah. So many people want to put Luna with Neville. I agree with JKR. They each have someone who is for them. Not necessarily better, just right. I do hope that after she gets title to the Caldron, she finds a replacenment for Natalie. What a nasty little bit.

Thanks for this

PS I always thought the Longbottoms had money.
NoTagBacks chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
After I read this, I needed to go back and re-read "The Hufflepuff." That then made me go and re-read later chapters of "Aurors and Schoolgirls." I was also tempted to check on one chapter of "Tales of the Battle," and "What Luna Sees," but I knew that would lead to other stories, and I needed to stop (and finally write this review).

I like that all your stories seem to be linked; that there's a well-conceived universe they come from. How much of it did you have mapped out before you started writing? I think it may soon be time to go back to your earlier stories ("Breakfast", "Busy Day", Mind of Arthur", etc.) and see what hooks may be there that attach to later tales.

About this one: I love the synchronicity of Hanna and Neville getting new, life-altering career changes at the same time. Plus that it then leads to a even bigger life-changing connection between the two of them.

I also really liked that Minerva directed him to play up his heroics and to list Harry and her as references. Being a Hogwarts professor (and probable future Head-of-House) means more than just competency with the subject being taught. It helps to have instant respect from your students (Professor Snake-Slayer). :-)

Finally, I enjoyed the way that Neville proposed - in the middle of a conversation. Very Neville. Keep writing.
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 2/26/2012