Reviews for Take Them As Was Willing
Little Christian chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
Awww, so sweet! I loved it!
Emily chapter 5 . 2/5/2010
A wonderful bunch of one-shots that nonetheless manage to form a coherent story. You are an excellent writer, Baylor, very heartfelt. And with a good sense of humor. Lovely combination. I think I'll go read the rest of your stories now. Good job! : )
asdfjkl chapter 5 . 11/14/2008
yay! go hobbits! i like how you've portrayed the hobbits, they seem realistic, but still hobbit-like. and i love merry's dad.

keep writing!
Rhyselle chapter 5 . 1/31/2007
I love this story but the last chapter just touched my heart! I had always wondered about someone as responsible as Merry seemed to be (despite his michievousness!) could leave without any kind of explanation to his family about his vanishing from Crickhollow.

At this rate all of your tales will end up on my favorites list! :)
rabidsamfan chapter 5 . 2/23/2004
Oh, very nice. I liked the way you developed the entire conspiracy, with poor Merry trying to keep things in a line, and Sam torn between his promise and telling the truth. And I particularly liked it that Merry told his father about leaving. It's always bothered me that they went off without a word to anyone but Fatty.
Lossenrhos chapter 5 . 1/9/2004
I loved this story. Funny and touching and extremely well written. The bit where Merry tried to get Pippin to stay behind, and Pippin’s refusal had me in tears. I love how you show the friendship and love (of the non- sexual kind, obviously) between all of them especially Merry and Pip. You are totally true to all the characters, and their friendship. I love the way you write about all the hobbits, especially Pippin (my personal favourite). I loved the scene between Merry and his dad- I always wondered at how the Hobbit’s respective families would feel, having them vanish into the blue like that… And you showed the father/ son relationship between them very well. Well done!
AnnabelleOdd chapter 5 . 12/27/2003
I liked this! I liked the whole... getting into Merry's head a bit thing. And the first touches of Pippin's courage showing up... Nicely done. And Merry's father seems very wise. Very in character. I liked it a lot. -
Melilot Sandybanks chapter 5 . 3/15/2003
Truly beautiful.
katakanadian chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
"For my part, I couldn't decide what I should to with poor Pip: hug him or laugh at him or thunk him on the head. "

Well said. My feelings exactly.
RobinBagginsBrandybuck chapter 5 . 11/26/2002
I really liked it! I hope you write more stories!
RobinBagginsBrandybuck chapter 4 . 11/26/2002
Me likes! Hehe
RobinBagginsBrandybuck chapter 3 . 11/26/2002
I like!
RobinBagginsBrandybuck chapter 2 . 11/26/2002
You're chapters get better all the time!
RobinBagginsBrandybuck chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Hey, it's me. Good story! Write mo-er-nevermind.
Budgielover chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
I have read this story so many times I can practically recite it. Your characterizations of the hobbits are so real, so true. The relationship between Merry and Pippin, and Frodo, is unquestionably the most genuine I have ever read. It is - love. Please, please write more Shire stories. Again, thank you...