Reviews for exit stage left
Mrs Turtle chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Awesome update of the original! I loved the feel of the whole thing, great job.
zedille chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I loved this.

First off, you did a fantastic job updating the story. All the modern-day versions of characters work really well. Gringoire is still a playwright, of course - nice connection there, and Phoebus being the police chief makes perfect sense. I'm really curious as to who/what Frollo and Quasimodo would be in this modern world (or do they not exist, as they're not relevant to the Fleur-de-Lys/Phoebus/Esmeralda-Gringoire triangle?)

The mood of the story - tragic in a fragile way , as appropriate to anything set after the end of the story, and Gringoire's lovesickness for Esmeralda. Perfect combination!

I smiled at Esmeralda's being snooty about "high school Shakespeare productions," it fits nicely! And your comparison and connection to Hernia-and-Lysander was quite clever.

Gringoire and Fleur-de-lys are my two favorite characters, and you did a really great job with them here! I already mentioned Gringoire; he really feels straight out of Hugo, with perhaps a bit of the musical's tragedy hanging around him. And Fleur-de-lys, yes, I loved both her appearances. Cold, biting, appropriately almost-vicious at the hint of Esmeralda the first time, but not actually heartless.

I've imagined a modern-day NDdP fic myself. This fic has shown me that this sort of AU can in fact work, so thank you again!
MyahLyah chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Aw I loved this...I'm such a Pierre/Esmeralda(Agnes) fan I wish that there were more stories about them. So many emotions in this one-shot with her mother...I was hoping she meet her :-( and I had to roll my eyes when I saw Fleur's name even though she somewhat helped Esmeralda find her mother. I could definitely feel the connection between Pierre and Esmeralda even if they are good friends and great actors.

Will there be a sequel? Or continuation of this story? If not then I am satisfied with what I got to read. It was very good and I really enjoyed it.