Reviews for Of Vigilance, Mercy and Insanity
LoneWolf chapter 36 . 7/18/2014
I usually dislike the "heroes getting pushed around by (Divine and Daedra, in this case) manipulators" plot, but I enjoyed this. I like the Elsewhere Fic genre (nothing to do with Elsweyr, it means fiction set in the same universe, but with characters different then canon), and that Aranea is the only canon character to be featured in it.

Liked the way Do'Ravier used his accent and Khajiit mannerisms.
Reader chapter 36 . 6/1/2014
Love this story man, your ideas are very unique and make a wondrous reading experience. Write some more Elder Scrolls stories please and don't ever give up writing.
Constructive chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
Needs some major work. The dialogue seems stiff and typecasted. While you demonstrate lots of knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore, your writing fails to maintain a smooth flow. It reads jerky, halting, and immature. Good start.
Jupitus Garth chapter 36 . 6/18/2013
Wow, that was a really good read. Bit sad that it's come to an end.

I am confused regarding certain things. I believe you wrote that the White Gold Concordat was signed 200 years prior. The Concordat (Which you spell as Concordate) was signed in 4E-175, so that would put the story in 4E-375. But then you mention the rumours of reports of dragons in skyrim, then state Helgen was turned into a crater a year later (I assume this was referencing the intro to Skyrim) after Sibylla and the others were there, but Alduin had only just emerged from the Elder Scroll induced time tear at the beginning of Skyrim and was the only living dragon at that point. (He brought others back to life later)

Apart from this I really enjoyed it and found it compelling.

The characters were three-dimensional and their motives were realistic. You wrote Sheogorath very well, the things he said did make me chuckle.

Well I think that's everything. I'm not so good at writing reviews. I just try to be honest
JG
tedsini chapter 36 . 3/20/2013
Great finale. Nice to see the Daedric lords make an appearance; I've always been fond of Azura and I've loathed Molag Bal. I hear he's the antagonist of the Elder Scrolls Online. Nice twist with Furaldar; so he was really trying to do some good, in his own twisted way. Peryite's wager with Molag Bal sounds almost Biblical - echoes of Job and God bragging on his "good and faithful servant." Not to be disrespectful, but the servant always seems to get the short end of the stick when deities bet on their behavior.

So what's next? I look forward to seeing updates in my inbox from you and I'd hate to see you take a long vacation - I know, rather selfish on my part. Still, don't you have a thing for trilogies ...?
SuperGreG chapter 36 . 3/20/2013
After allowing a respectful day of mourning to pass...

Bloody brilliant!
I'm really gonna miss this story and these characters. Oh, why did it all have to end?

That final installment...almost [in very tiny letters], almost had me feeling like it was a rushed end as it hurtled to the finish line... but that was probably just me reading it way too fast to maintain the frantic pacing of a fine finale. Damn you sir, and your mysterious powers of reader manipulation. ;-)

Everything fell perfectly into place with the clues provided. Many aspects of the ending delivered exactly according to carefully placed suggestions in the story. Not completely unexpected, but perfectly satisfying. Still, right up to end, I wasn't prepared to put money on who would walk away from the final confrontation.

I also liked veiled ambiguity of the legends told in the aftermath. It never did say exactly how many vampires may or may not be at that desert location. I like a smidgeon of uncertainty to decide for myself about some things [are they still using smidgeons in Tamriel, or have they converted over to tads?]

It's been a crazy and marvellous ride right to the end. Also, kudos to Agent94 for riding shotgun.

Hang on... what happened to the camel? ;-)

Cheers
SGI
Stelm chapter 36 . 3/19/2013
Wow really nice story you and agent 94. Really enjoyed following and reading it.
Heretictome chapter 36 . 3/19/2013
Noessss the day I've dreaded has finally come... The end of the story :p. Another great work come to a close, so lets see compliments hmmm. Your characters are amazing, all their eccentricities that make them so lovable are well done, and I enjoy seeing a fanfiction of bethesda's games that make use of great expanse of world rather than being a rehash of the games story. Thank you for writing this and I look forward to reading more of your works!
Cakes Blargh chapter 36 . 3/18/2013
It's a happy ending. Gives a warm ending. It's nice the group got peace finally. They needed it. I'm going to miss them.
fallen-wolfborn chapter 36 . 3/18/2013
Amazing as usual. Please tell me there's hope for a sequel.
reality deviant chapter 36 . 3/18/2013
great story!
maybe you should write more about vampires in tamriel... what happened to the 3 clans in morrowinf following the eruption of the volcano? the changes in volkihar after harkons death?
tedsini chapter 35 . 3/7/2013
Oh, poor Sharza. Do'Ravier shouldn't have to go through this twice, not to mention with sisters. Intense as that was, it was the revelation that the disease is Corpus that really drove the story. I haven't seen Corpus since Morrowind, where is was one of the most creative elements in a very creative story line. A lot of people (myself among them) will tell you that Morrowind had the best pure plot of any of the Elder Scrolls games. Corpus was the ultimate good news-bad news story. "The good news is that you're going to live forever; the bad news is that you will spend eternity as a diseased, bloated lunatic with no more self-awareness than a tomato." Yeah, can't wait to see what you do with this one. Oh yeah, one last thing. I would not want to be what/who -ever it is waiting for them. The guys are PISSED!
Cakes Blargh chapter 35 . 3/1/2013
This is sad. Oh great, I just quoted Ban-Je's third voice. Poor Do'Ravier, now he has Shazarr's death on his conscience. And Claudia, what with her going through crisis, and with her feeling guilty of bringing her group, would probably take this hard. Vampire influence or not, she's still care.
I just realized something, Sibylla would probably be the strong pillar at moment like this. Not because she's a Nord woman, but because she was a priestess that advice and handle confessions. This will probably remind her those times when the unfortunate came to her and that she had to keep that strong 'face'.
Fallen Vanguard chapter 34 . 2/24/2013
See, I would have caught up on this sooner, but for some reason I had never alerted this fic. I now have, and the second act is just as good as the first. Vampire Claudia is awesome!

Anyway, keep up the good work.
tedsini chapter 34 . 2/18/2013
What irony: we get one twist after another (and very nicely done, I must add) when finally, who stops by to tie up (some of) the loose ends? Why Sheogorath of course, the divine of madness. I guess the peril of her friends was the catalyst that brought Claudia back to sanity and self-control. Either that or some divine decided s/he liked her better rational then out-of-control, around-the-bend nuts. I'd still like an explanation from Azura; if anyone can couter Molag-Bol (that creep), it's Azura. Anyway, now it's on to a city gone mad - (they're going to L.A.?). Should be fun. Can't wait. Out.