Reviews for The Lumberjack and the Tree Elf
Oh my goodness, this story was incredible, I read it all in one night. I was rooting for Blight The whole time. I felt a rage towards his dad when he called him the Blight of his life! Tears came to my eyes when Jason passed away, the only person on earth who Blight was certain he loved, Tragically dying due to disease in District seven. Then, of course I nearly fell apart at the seams when Blight himself, finally passed on. In fact, his death was so hard for me to deal with, that I had to stop reading and take a break for a few hours to calm down. So here I am now, and all I have to say is, good job. If a story can make me experience so many different emotions at once, then it’s one heck of a good story. I just wish that Blight didn’t have to die. I know that he was getting older, and that he wanted to leave to be reunited with his one true love, Jason. But that doesn’t stop my emotions from kicking in when reading about his death. I feel so bad for him. I really wish that he would’ve been dealt a better set of cards in his life, because it seemed like the only good thing in his life was Jason. But then even he was tragically torn away from him. R.I.P Blight Gavin of district 7.
Schmitty chapter 23 . 6/18
Just wanted to say this was amazing. I read all the Victor's Project chapters, and they were great, but I loved getting such an in-depth look at one Victor and his Games. The story was enthralling (I stayed up all night to read it), and the continuity in names and story were there. I love how you made Madame Lucia such a badass. She was a Cinna well before him. And I couldn't help but see Devon as a Finnick of sorts. They both loved just one girl despite their charm and charisma, and were fiercely loyal to their allies. Though Finnick was a Career and won his Games that way, afterwards he wouldn't let the Capitol beat him fighting for justice. And Devon never let the Games control him, staying a friend to Blight the entire time. And just as Finnick died fighting to save Katniss, Devon's gruesome torture, staying alive for 7 hours, provided Blight the time to figure out a plan of action and ended up saving his life. You gave Devon enough backstory and character to make it hurt to see him go out, but you made his death count. The part about Dalton liking Katniss tied it back in so well too. Similarly, it was sad to see Charlie descend into feral madness, but made her death meaningful, not just a typical Career victim. And the Abel part was so touching, and a nice nod to the beginning of the story. As sad as Blight's anti-climactic death in Catching Fire was, I love that it gave you nearly full freedom to craft such a masterful story around him, and make him such an unsung hero of the rebellion, both for Katniss, Johanna, Beetee, and the others. Just an amazing story, and it was clear that Blight was ahead of his time.

Side Note: I'd love to see what you'd write as Finnick's poem written by Blight
Lorelei chapter 1 . 5/31
SO GOOD! can't wait to read more :)
Oh my sweet baby jesus that was so good. Im just sobbing at how good this was. May this review find you in a lovely time for your lovely storytelling
Roxiblilly chapter 23 . 3/28
Hi Oisin. I know you are retired from fanfic, but I wanted to let you know I just finished reading "The Lumberjack and the Tree-elf" for the 3rd time. I was one of your readers when you first started "Fall into the River," and I have devoured your work ever since. Thanks for the amazing insights you give us into some of the "forgotten" Victors, and congratulations on your body of work. I hope your original stories are going well. Thanks,
Roxibilly
Star75 chapter 8 . 2/24
You know Trey? I think that this was a good chapter, but it would have been really cool if you made his name Thread and then had him shipped off to 12 in the end.
PK Samurai chapter 10 . 2/18
I found this fic after reading your Eamon chapter in the Victors' project. I rather liked Eamon'so character so I will admit I was disappointed to find him portrayed so boorishly in this fic. But now you've managed to capture me with Blight's story. Normally I don't comment on individual chapters, but this particular chapter's ending, while a bit heavy-handed, was still raw and emotional. Amazing story.
Darth Yuthura chapter 23 . 2/9
Just reread this and it's truly professional quality. Thanks again for writing this and your following three stories.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/24/2016
Dear gods, I must have read this story a dozen times but I only just connected…Devon's brother Dalton. DALTON! I've said this before but you, Sir, are a genius. Thank you.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/7/2016
i love the starbucks temple
Guest chapter 23 . 6/21/2016
Can I just say that Devon's death has effected me more than I thought it would? I think it's the imagery of Devon being so graphically mutilated; I still haven't been able to get that image out of my head. I really liked Devon and I had just assumed that when he died, he would die some what honorably so I was completely caught off-guard. I don't know what else to say, but if anything, I applaud you for making me feel so much about a character that I take his fictional death so hard.

During Connor's chapter in The Victor's Project, you mentioned how the District 2 girl made sure "not to go overboard" when she was torturing a tribute "since this wasn't the Fifty-Second". After reading back that chapter, I am honestly am so happy that you wrote that. It gave me some solace knowing that Devon's horrible death actually resulted in some sort of good. You are a talented writer and at the end of the day I'm grateful that you wrote this story and shared it with all of us. Safe voyage :)
GallifreyanGirl chapter 23 . 6/21/2016
This was absolutely amazing! Blight is now definitely one of my favourite characters!
I love all the references to the Victors Project as well! (and the Mockingjay one with Dalton) I had to keep going onto that to check names and things I recognised to see if I could spot them there.
I can't wait to read your other stories now!
GallifreyanGirl chapter 10 . 6/20/2016
Okay, I already didn't like Eamon from his chapter in TVP, but now I really hate him!
I don't hate this story though, it's amazing!
Taylover chapter 6 . 6/2/2016
Isn't it Beetee Latier, not Beetee Wimbledon ?
Taylover chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
AWWWWWWWWWWW! The scene with Johanna was SO CUTE!