Reviews for The Lumberjack and the Tree Elf
Can I just say that Devon's death has effected me more than I thought it would? I think it's the imagery of Devon being so graphically mutilated; I still haven't been able to get that image out of my head. I really liked Devon and I had just assumed that when he died, he would die some what honorably so I was completely caught off-guard. I don't know what else to say, but if anything, I applaud you for making me feel so much about a character that I take his fictional death so hard.

During Connor's chapter in The Victor's Project, you mentioned how the District 2 girl made sure "not to go overboard" when she was torturing a tribute "since this wasn't the Fifty-Second". After reading back that chapter, I am honestly am so happy that you wrote that. It gave me some solace knowing that Devon's horrible death actually resulted in some sort of good. You are a talented writer and at the end of the day I'm grateful that you wrote this story and shared it with all of us. Safe voyage :)
GallifreyanGirl chapter 23 . 6/21
This was absolutely amazing! Blight is now definitely one of my favourite characters!
I love all the references to the Victors Project as well! (and the Mockingjay one with Dalton) I had to keep going onto that to check names and things I recognised to see if I could spot them there.
I can't wait to read your other stories now!
GallifreyanGirl chapter 10 . 6/20
Okay, I already didn't like Eamon from his chapter in TVP, but now I really hate him!
I don't hate this story though, it's amazing!
Taylover chapter 6 . 6/2
Isn't it Beetee Latier, not Beetee Wimbledon ?
Taylover chapter 5 . 6/2
AWWWWWWWWWWW! The scene with Johanna was SO CUTE!
Anastasia Tremaine chapter 9 . 2/5
Plautia mentions that her uncle is the 24th hunger games victor, however, according to the victors project, that would be Virtus, who had only his two cousins (Honorius and Justus) and was an orphan (please do correct me if I'm wrong or have misread something) so he couldn't have had a niece (unless she was an honorary one) and if she was the child of his cousins then it would be more striking to call her the daughter of a victor. Other than that I love this fanfiction, it's brilliant.
KikoBCN chapter 23 . 1/19
I've re read this story again. Its the first story I readed from you. And my eyes always ends up wet.
DCRebel-Clove chapter 22 . 10/19/2015
Hi Oisin! Just wanted to send you some love for all your great work. I have officially read all your stories twice, and have the victor's project on constant cycle on my phone. I know how much time writing takes, esp with a full time job (my in prog dissertation agrees) but wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration of creativity! Thanks, and can't wait to see where you go with this !
Paul chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
Curious after re-reading this chapter. As the victor of the 24th hunger games (Virtus) was fifteen, not seventeen, when he won, and had no siblings, only cousins (although one of them or spa sibling of a spouse Virtus may have married could be plastias father). Also, when plautia cameos in lymes chapter Boudicca doesn't make any mention of her being related to the three cousins, when she probably would have seeing how granytes niece Lyme was also taking the trials.
outside the crayon box chapter 23 . 6/25/2015
This was so amazing. I can literally feel the work you put into this beautiful story. Thank you so much for writing and sharing.

- Joyana

P.S. I am listening to Never Say Never by The Fray and absolutely *sobbing*. You're such an excellent writer.
danai.kanella chapter 5 . 6/21/2015
This story made me cry. And believe me, it's very difficult!
LittleShyCloud chapter 23 . 5/27/2015

Clap.

Un-freaking-believable. You have taken me on a rollercoaster ride I never want to leave. I only recently watched the 1st Hunger Games film and it blew me away. I haven't even read the books but of course the first thing I do is go looking for fanfiction. Then I found this story among the OC character section and it's about Blight. Of all of the people you could've chosen, you decided to focus on Blight. And to be honest I have to give you a standing ovation. Blight isn't someone I think people focus on and the fact that you have fabricated an entire life for him is amazing. The title of the story drew me in and as the story progressed I learnt the reason behind it and it's impressive how much you've thought out your story. And the fact you've also included Johanna too from the very beginning was like saying she was destined for victory also it's just a nice touch. Nice to know that Johanna always been acidic even when she was young "lumber ass" you know. And you also dealt with Eamon that filthy swine . Nice touch too.

But you hurt me, for a second I hoped and believed that Blight and Jason will live happily ever after and that Blight survives the 3rd Quarter Quell but you killed that hope but its understandable as Blight did say he had "20 years of happiness" , so I guess that's all I can be grateful for.

And you ended it on such a spectacular note that I can't be anything but satisfied with this tale of love, survival and struggle. I doubt this review has truly captured my feelings but I've tried my best.

May you always write skilfully as long as you want.
Emmeline Phoenix12 chapter 23 . 5/24/2015
I was so touched this story. When I was reading Fall into the river, I am afraid I had misjudged Blight. After reading this story, I came to realise that Blight (Levi) did actually care for his tributes, and his friends as well.
Tommy Reynolds chapter 23 . 5/22/2015
That was the most touching story! You are a talented writer!
DauntlessProdigy4Life chapter 23 . 5/23/2015