Reviews for The Lumberjack and the Tree Elf
Roxiblilly chapter 23 . 23h
Hi Oisin. I know you are retired from fanfic, but I wanted to let you know I just finished reading "The Lumberjack and the Tree-elf" for the 3rd time. I was one of your readers when you first started "Fall into the River," and I have devoured your work ever since. Thanks for the amazing insights you give us into some of the "forgotten" Victors, and congratulations on your body of work. I hope your original stories are going well. Thanks,
Roxibilly
Star75 chapter 8 . 2/24
You know Trey? I think that this was a good chapter, but it would have been really cool if you made his name Thread and then had him shipped off to 12 in the end.
PK Samurai chapter 10 . 2/18
I found this fic after reading your Eamon chapter in the Victors' project. I rather liked Eamon'so character so I will admit I was disappointed to find him portrayed so boorishly in this fic. But now you've managed to capture me with Blight's story. Normally I don't comment on individual chapters, but this particular chapter's ending, while a bit heavy-handed, was still raw and emotional. Amazing story.
Darth Yuthura chapter 23 . 2/9
Just reread this and it's truly professional quality. Thanks again for writing this and your following three stories.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/24/2016
Dear gods, I must have read this story a dozen times but I only just connected…Devon's brother Dalton. DALTON! I've said this before but you, Sir, are a genius. Thank you.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/7/2016
i love the starbucks temple
Guest chapter 23 . 6/21/2016
Can I just say that Devon's death has effected me more than I thought it would? I think it's the imagery of Devon being so graphically mutilated; I still haven't been able to get that image out of my head. I really liked Devon and I had just assumed that when he died, he would die some what honorably so I was completely caught off-guard. I don't know what else to say, but if anything, I applaud you for making me feel so much about a character that I take his fictional death so hard.

During Connor's chapter in The Victor's Project, you mentioned how the District 2 girl made sure "not to go overboard" when she was torturing a tribute "since this wasn't the Fifty-Second". After reading back that chapter, I am honestly am so happy that you wrote that. It gave me some solace knowing that Devon's horrible death actually resulted in some sort of good. You are a talented writer and at the end of the day I'm grateful that you wrote this story and shared it with all of us. Safe voyage :)
GallifreyanGirl chapter 23 . 6/21/2016
This was absolutely amazing! Blight is now definitely one of my favourite characters!
I love all the references to the Victors Project as well! (and the Mockingjay one with Dalton) I had to keep going onto that to check names and things I recognised to see if I could spot them there.
I can't wait to read your other stories now!
GallifreyanGirl chapter 10 . 6/20/2016
Okay, I already didn't like Eamon from his chapter in TVP, but now I really hate him!
I don't hate this story though, it's amazing!
Taylover chapter 6 . 6/2/2016
Isn't it Beetee Latier, not Beetee Wimbledon ?
Taylover chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
AWWWWWWWWWWW! The scene with Johanna was SO CUTE!
Anastasia Tremaine chapter 9 . 2/5/2016
Plautia mentions that her uncle is the 24th hunger games victor, however, according to the victors project, that would be Virtus, who had only his two cousins (Honorius and Justus) and was an orphan (please do correct me if I'm wrong or have misread something) so he couldn't have had a niece (unless she was an honorary one) and if she was the child of his cousins then it would be more striking to call her the daughter of a victor. Other than that I love this fanfiction, it's brilliant.
KikoBCN chapter 23 . 1/19/2016
I've re read this story again. Its the first story I readed from you. And my eyes always ends up wet.
DCRebel-Clove chapter 22 . 10/19/2015
Hi Oisin! Just wanted to send you some love for all your great work. I have officially read all your stories twice, and have the victor's project on constant cycle on my phone. I know how much time writing takes, esp with a full time job (my in prog dissertation agrees) but wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration of creativity! Thanks, and can't wait to see where you go with this !
Paul chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
Curious after re-reading this chapter. As the victor of the 24th hunger games (Virtus) was fifteen, not seventeen, when he won, and had no siblings, only cousins (although one of them or spa sibling of a spouse Virtus may have married could be plastias father). Also, when plautia cameos in lymes chapter Boudicca doesn't make any mention of her being related to the three cousins, when she probably would have seeing how granytes niece Lyme was also taking the trials.