Reviews for Family for dummies
SuziH-J chapter 4 . 3/19/2017
Imagine the Weevils being scared of a little bit of fluff. Reminds me of the elephant & the mouse.
SuziH-J chapter 3 . 3/19/2017
So happy that Orion was able to communicate with his bond mate & reconnect. Lovely to see all of Orion's extended family come to his aid.
Guest chapter 23 . 9/22/2016
This was a great original story with the kind of ending we like except for the fact that Ianto was not made immortal, oh well. Thanks for sharing your story and talent with us!
Guest chapter 23 . 12/30/2013
Hi I saw these stories recced recently on a comm. Absolutely loved the both. I think your world building is magnificent. I loved the work you've put into creating the society and culture.

I hope you do write more in this verse at some point, but thanks for writing them.
forensic2010mnr chapter 23 . 8/27/2013
It was an okay story. You lost me a number of times by getting to into detail with not enough action. But overall, nice plot and I enjoyed to story.

I have one suggestion. If you want to work with a character that is gender neutral/hermaphroditic/transsexual/etc., do research on the proper pronouns. Calling someone "it" is always offensive. You have options for these types of cases, such as the general GNPs (ze, hir, hirs, hirself) or spivak (e, em, eir, eirs, eirself).
Also gender refers to sociological roles, behaviors, etc. of people while sex refers the biological and physiological characteristics that determine male and female. This is not as important as the pronoun thing, but still something to keep in mind.

References:
.int/gender/whatisgender/en/
livfortheread chapter 23 . 7/21/2013
I have to admit, it was a bit of a weird story. But I enjoyed it!
PCJanto chapter 23 . 7/9/2012
What a wonderful ending to a magnificent story.I hope i get to read more stories with Jack,Ianto Orion and his mate with the rest of the Torchwood team
badly-knitted chapter 23 . 7/7/2012
Awwww! Perfect! What a lovely ceremony, simple but beautifully staged.

The kids really have left home. I guess it's better for them to live on Hallow IV among their own people, but I bet everyone misses them a lot, especially Ianto and Jack. Not much more than a year ago Orion was a little baby, now he and Warwyn are adults sharing their lives, thoughts and emotions with each other and learning about their world and their culture as well as their own abilities.

Warwyn has changed the most - it has gained in confidence and is truly part of the family now, which is a joy to see. It's just a shame the rest of the people of earth can't accept it the way it is, so that it has to choose a gender whenever it goes out with Orion. They wouldn't have been able to have any kind of life on earth, it would be too restricting, not to mention all the abuse they were getting from small-minded humans. Here's hoping both couples have long and happy lives together. I'm going to miss them!
Guest chapter 23 . 7/6/2012
Hi

I have really enjoyed both baby carriage and dummies very much, I thought baby Orion was brilliant and a bit disappointed that Orion grew quite quickly but did not stop my enjoyment.

I would love a fic re: Orion and Warwyn wedding, but just saying.

Best wishes Cat
Lynette Serina Jones Harkness chapter 23 . 7/6/2012
fantastic ending love it
badly-knitted chapter 22 . 6/25/2012
It's not everyone who gets a hermaphrodite-in-law! It's good to see that Warwyn has been fully accepted into Orion's family and I hope it will be very happy.

Of course Xarion informed Owen, the team doctor, of the natural infertility of Orion and Warwyn's species until they reached a certain age. He no doubt gave Owen a lot of other information on their physiology. It's typical of Owen that he didn't share his knowledge with Orion's parents.

I am really going to miss Warwyn and Orion, they're both such lovable characters *sighs*

I'm glad the Bangladeshi people have been found and that some have returned home to get their country back in order. The others are Earth's first colony, that's a huge undertaking, but they have help to get them started properly, so I think they'll do alright. It's the start of tackling overcrowding on earth. I wish we could actually do that, set up colonies on other planets. We'd need to take better care of the colony planets than we have our home planet though.

I'm sad this is almost over (

It's been great fun to read though!
badly-knitted chapter 21 . 6/18/2012
I think I'm going to miss Warwyn being 'it'! It somehow always sounded so cute. Of course, now it is both male and female, which will no doubt cause some problems, especially in public around normal humans.

Now their bond has been consummated (very enjoyably) I guess they're more or less married. I just hope Warwyn wasn't able to get pregnant first time, I'm not sure they're ready to have children of their own just yet, especially since Warwyn has only had his/her adult body a few days.

Rhi managed to do just about everything wrong at her first meeting with Warwyn, but I was very proud of Johnny - not only because he accepted Warwyn so readily, but also for putting Rhi straight. David and Mica pretty much took things in their stride, the way kids seem to do - young people are more adaptable.

Seems the only 'person' as difficult as Rhi was Myfanwy. Their roles are reversed now and Orion is definitely flock leader now in her eyes. I hope she, Orion and Warwyn will get to fly together sometimes.

I'm glad Orion's feral rages should settle down now. It will be safe for him and Warwyn to venture outside a bit so that Warwyn can see a bit more of the world he now lives on. I wonder if the will eventually return to Hallow IV to live or if they'll spend their lives on earth. At the moment they still have a lot to learn though. They're almost completely adult, but are still both learning about their species' abilities. They have so much ahead of them.
PCJanto chapter 21 . 6/17/2012
Wow,that was magnificent,Bravo
badly-knitted chapter 20 . 6/11/2012
So much happens in this chapter! I'm so glad Xarion had a talk with Ianto and explained a few things. It's helped put Ianto's mind at rest. I bet Jack was disappointed that Orion and Warwyn really didn't need his 'talk', they already know everything they need to. I wish it worked that way in humanns! It would prevent a lot of problems.

Rea's funeral was very moving, fitting and respectful for such a caring and gracious lady.

Orion has met the rest of his, introduced Warwyn and now they both have a bigger family than they knew. Also losing Rea was very hard, they must feel a bit better knowing they still have so many relatives.

It's a relief to see Orion and Warwyn both healed and well - Warwyn especially, because it must have been so hard for it carrying those broken wings around all the time. It might think twice about going flying anywhere windy in future.

Speaking of flying, I hope when they get back to the Hub Myfanwy accepts Warwyn - she's so protective (and a bit possessive) of Orion.

Home at last, after many adventures, and now Warwyn has to get used to another new place and more new people. It's having to get used to so many new things so quickly, if it wasn't for Orion I'm sure Warwyn would feel quite overwhelmed. Plus It's still coping with going through puberty at the same time. I admire it for coping so well in very difficult circumstances. Orion is lucky to have such a mate.

(I nipped over to your site and read the edited-out scene - very enjoyable! I'm sure Jack and Ianto thought so too).
PCJanto chapter 20 . 6/10/2012
Fantastic Chapter,Jack reaction to Xarion suggestion about another child was Priceless
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »