Reviews for A Series of Extra Scenes: The Hounds
HOS70 chapter 4 . 3/9/2012
I loved that you picked up on the fact that Martin Freeman doesn't drive. Listening to the audio commentary for that episode on the Series 2 DVD, Moffat and Gatiss actually didn't know that either when they wrote/produced the episode. Hence Sherlock having to do the driving, despite John - according to the Powers That Be - having been their natural choice to drive the 4X4.

The mere idea of Sherlock squeezing his frame into a Fiesta or Golf still has me chuckling...
lemonpiefirefly chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
I have really enjoyed these! "Average Mind" was hilarious. The Lestrade bit at the end absolutely made that story.

I also greatly enjoyed this chapter, "Car". It is perfectly in-character, I think. I can hear the dialogue in their voices quite readily.

I am in the US and had to see series 2 originally by elicit means so I hadn't rewatched yet, but now thanks to by way of ebay (since they wouldn't mail straight to US yet) and a region-free hack on my PC, I am ready to hunker down and rewatch the official DVD a few quadrillion times. That said, does John ever actually say anywhere that he can't drive? It seems odd that someone deployed would be missing out on basic driving abilities. Seemed like they would have to do that. Then again, not all personnel are trained on tanks, so maybe not. Just seems like if you were in a combat zone and it might be down to you being the last one around to drive injured persons to safety, it would be handy to know.

Again, really liking these!
MadBadAndDangerous chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
Of course he's going to go for the great big shiny monstrosity! It matches the collar and cheekbones and the endless need to show off!
Pilikia18 chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
He he! Classic!
brit14 chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
I really love every scene from each of your extra scene fics! Each scene is excellently written and completely plausible with both the stories and the characters. You're the only author I know of to write extra scenes, and it's really refreshing and I look forward to getting an alert from you. I hope you'll be updating these more now? And I'd love to see extra scenes from the other episodes too!
Starrxx chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
So far each extra scene has been really funny, I can honestly imagine it happening. I hope you write more of them!
TheCoventryConundrum chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
Rofl Sherlock your the best
Eyebrows2 chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
So glad to have more from you! Nice big fat crumb for this good fanfic hungry church mouse! It was a bit of a Chelsea Tractor, wasn't it? Although, to be fair, it adds more kudos when illegally entering an army base!
Jason Layton chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
That is EXACTLY what I imagined happened when Moffat and Gatiss went to film in Devon.

It's exactly what I'd do!

Jasxx
goldvermilion87 chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!

YES OF COURSE HE WOULD!
mattsloved1 chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
Now I wish we could have actually watched this scene! Very nice. But honestly, As tall as Sherlock is did John honestly think he would get a Fiesta or a Golf? ;)

Sorry to hear you are overworked, I hope all is well!
Skyfullofstars chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
LOL,,,I wondered why Sherlock rented that huge car!

And also, we ALL wondered why Sherlock was the one driving - and not John!

Well done!

I'm enjoying these!
SarahKnight chapter 3 . 2/15/2012
Haha, like it. My favourite bit was the very end, when Lestrade is sitting behind them! :D
rustyla chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
Funniest. Ending. Ever.
MadBadAndDangerous chapter 3 . 2/12/2012

"I know. You're right. Next time I need an average mind to experiment on, I'll use Lestrade."

"Yes."

"Er, do you two remember I'm sitting back here?" Lestrade asked.

Perfect!