Reviews for We Were Always Meant to Say Goodbye
Marilyn chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Darling, darling, darling. How could you have written such a beautiful piece without your heart bursting out of your chest. Every beautifully chosen word, like a soft rose petal, placed in harmony like a bouquet of flowers. Please remember your god given talent, even if you grow old and never become a professional writer. You have a true gift. Thank you for filling me with joy after reading your work.

Goodnight dear. And by the way, my name is not Marilyn.
ellieloves2read chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is how it should've ended between Elena and Stefan. Not the long winding road we've had to endure on the series.
I seriously think that i will resent Stefan less if he is as willing to accept the truth as this Stefan. The same goes for Elena.

Thanks for sharing
zeva917 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I love this. This is EXACTLY what I had hoped Elena would say to Stefan sometime during S3. And you got Stefan and his voice down perfectly here. He is so quick to tear down Damon, refusing to see all the good in him and the things he does for Elena. Well done!
Bitcheesquared chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
That gave me actual goosebumps. Good job.
Caroline Berlin chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
That was fantastic! I hate that so often Delana stories have her suddenly mildly hating Stefan like she hardly loved him in the first place, I thought you were very realistic in your description of the characters, I loved it! And of course, I have to ask, what was her answer?!
emmera01 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
You are a fantastic writer, really! Subscribing right now : )
biffy428 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I loved this! So perfect, this conversation needs to happen!
ElvishGrrl chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This is really, really good. I so wish these kind of honest conversations could happen on the show with these 3. It needs to. You are a very talented writer.

Thanks for this! :)
niya94 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
That was so beautiful!

The only thing I disliked was the bit about Stefan thinking Damon doesn't love her, that he's just trying to get back at him because of Katherine. Did he really think that or he just didn't want to see Elena with Damon?

Otherwise, I loved the Stelena interaction and the ending was perfect.
Truth Bomb chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oh wow. This is one of the most lousy wish-fulfillment excuse of a fic I have ever read. And you are allowed to have those fics but to pretend that you are being respectful of S/E and to actually believe that the show's canon DESERVES (...to even use that word...wow) this fic. I am speechless at your mindboggling...idek..conceitedness.

Elena and Stefan are terribly OOC, not to mention most of these never even happened in canon. (like Stefan STOPPING Elena from seeing the good sides of Damon - i wonder if it was between Damon raping Caroline, attempting to murder Caroline and Bonnie, turning Vicki, MURDERING JEREMY AFTER SEXUALLY ASSAULTING ELENA, and forcing his will on hers. The fact that Elena could think that she'd need Stefan to demonize Damon - for her to disrespect all of Damon's victims who happen to be her loved ones like that - I am truly speechless at how you've managed to depict Elena as the antithesis of everything she is. wow) Oh and for Stefan to prop himself while demonizing Damon...you should do a phd in Not Getting The Text. And honestly, you are allowed to have all the wrong opinions in the world but next time, don't try to disguise them in the garb of 'respecting' a ship. Don't you dare.
words end here chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I'm loving your oneshots lately for TVD. The characterisation is so spot-on! I'm a Delena girl, but during the third season, strangely, I've began respecting S/E more as a couple. Elena was so brave in this, and hopefully by the end of this season she will have reached a similiar point of understanding with herself, Damon and Stefan. Great story!
Mlle.Varpin chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Wow. I think I'm in love with your O/Shots.

Honestly... They are so right, so true. They are one-shot but... it's like if they were a complete fiction... And I love the way you wrote the discussion between Stefan and Elena. I'm Delena shipper too but like you, I respect the couple of Stefan and Elena. As you said, it was pure love but...things have changed...

Continu your amazing work,

;)
kat chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Claire - I saw your note and wanted to let you know that I have truly enjoyed your stories and will miss your contributions to Delena fan-fiction. You provided a unique voice with a great writing style and I hope to read something from you soon.
A.Pevensie chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Love this story - your characterizations are spot-on (of the characters and the relationships). And I completely agree with your assessment of Elena: if Stefan had stayed, she would never have even looked at Damon. But when he left - and then when he came back and pushed her away time and again (particularly the kidnapping etc. in 3x11) ... well, he's already basically broken the relationship.

And while of course I would be excited to see more stories from you, having loved both this and "Give Me Strength," I hope that taking a break from writing will help you get back to where you need to be :) Best wishes!
CreepingMuse chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Stefan, particularly Stefan at this moment in time, is an incredibly tough character to write. Somewhere that noble boy's still inside, but it's all hidden inside a real jackass. And I think you captured that beautifully, the pain and the emotion and the love that will always exist between these two. It was beautiful, but now it's over. My favorite line: "She and Stefan simply broke each other. They broke the powerful bond between them. They just broke."

For some reason, the idea of being broken has always resonated with me most strongly about TVD-it's probably the word I associate most with the show (besides "pretty," that is), and you just made it very apparent and lovely. Nicely done indeed.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »