Reviews for Growing Up
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
You nailed all of the love and tenderness that Lindsay and Danny feel for Lucy. To even imagine knowing that your parents don't care enough to pay your ransom unless a gun was at their the worse thing a kid can know about someone who is supposed to love and protect them. :(

I love how you have Lindsay and Danny think about this with Lucy, but is one thing that they will NEVER have to worry about. I know you can't predict that but knowing that they love her with all of their being now, her teenage years won't change this. It will only serve to make them remember the good times when they are going through the bad. I don't mean this in a bad way but Danny reminded me of a dog while he was watching Lindsay holding Lucy. Intent on being there and making sure she wasn't alone, giving her comfort. :) I do thank you for the humor in here. Yes, the stubbornness and independence is laid a lot on the Messer genes but its just so much fun to blame Danny while we all know there is a hearty dash of Monroe in Lucy, LMAO!

Favorite lines

"While Lucy was still dependent on her parents for the big things, she was quickly inserting her independence wherever she could. Lindsay tried to blame her daughter's new found stubbornness on Danny's genes to which her husband had merely snorted and replied "Whatever."

I have to say Danny is adjusting well to husbandhood with his 'Whatever.' LOL!

"Once again he brushed away the tears that coursed her cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. He could tell his words were starting to sink in but that she wasn't quite there yet. Not sure if an attempt at levity would meet with success or colossal failure, he continued. "Besides, you don't have to worry about any of that with Lucy. You know why?" She shook her head, staring at his face in an attempt to bring her emotions under control.

"Because remember, as soon as Lucy hits her teenage years, the minute you even had to start thinking about buying her her first training bra, I'm locking her in her room and I'm not going to let her out until she reaches at least thirty. So even if she wants to change her name and become someone knew, she's not going to be able to do anything about it."

It had been his standard threat since even before he'd known that Lindsay was carrying a girl. This was usually the point where Lindsay would lightly hit him in the chest and tell him there was no way she was letting him carry out his threat. He waited for her to do the same now; it would tell him he'd successful shaken her from her morose thoughts. Instead, she chewed on her lower lip.

Danny sighed pulling her close to his body once more. She wasn't there yet but he had no doubt that after a good night's sleep, she'd bounce back from this. She just needed time to process her thoughts and work through them. He trusted that she'd be able to do so. In the meantime, he'd keep her grounded in reality until she got there on her own. He twisted on the bed so that he could easily transfer Lindsay from his lap to her side of the bed. Then he stood after kissing her softly.

She looked at him confused. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to bring Lucy in here to sleep with us tonight."

Lindsay's expression relaxed but she still gave him a questioning look. "I thought we said we weren't going to let her get used to sleeping with us when she was sick and stuff."

He leaned over and kissed her once more. "One time won't hurt. She's was so deep asleep she'll probably never know the difference. Besides this isn't for her sake but for yours. A good night of cuddles from both your daughter and your husband sounds like just what you need."

As he started to pull away, Lindsay reached out and grabbed his hand giving it a squeeze. "Thanks. I love you."

He smiled back at her and gave her a wink. "I love you too."
LoveShipper chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Awww poor Lindsay is going through what every parent goes through as their babies grow up and become more independant; they feel uneeded and maybe underappreciated by their kids. Sweet chapter with Lucy reassuring her mommy that she still loves her.
webdlfan chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This was incredibly sweet and perfect and had great D/L. I loved the introspective thoughts and the gentle exchanges between Lindsay and Lucy, but I was glad that there was also the moments with Danny to sooth and protect, almost like the knight in shining armor. I love how they just kind of slide into sleep/sadness, and then he's just there and he watches over her/them. Really great job! Loved it
AccidentalNaps chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
that was super sweet. Perfect Danny, Lindsay and Lucy. Really great job!
Sam Waterston Fan chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I liked this story. When I saw the episode, I didn't really think of it much but I liked that Lindsay thought about Lucy.
MesserTurnerBates chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
So damn sweet I enjoyed very much
Help renew CSI NY chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Help renew CSINY for another season:-

#csiny #operation9

RandomTVFan30 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I enjoyed reading this story. It was very well written as always.