Reviews for B is for Big Red
spycat chapter 1 . 5/22
Good story. I loved the characterizations and their reactions.
Ryn chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Cute!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
This is exactly how we all all felt when our dept had a truck donated to us.
catlover2x chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Aw, that was fabulous. I feel like that when I get a new power tool. And squeeing for Elmira. I was saddened to read that Ward LaFrance stopped production in 1979, although they still have a good archival website.

You included a lot of things I hadn't thought about. I've looked up at an engine, but never down from one. And I adore Stoker not knowing where the back end was. Just like getting a new car. Thanks for another good story.
jake chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Damn good story.
DakotaCelt chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Fun story... Boys will be boys when they get a new toy!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Have I mentioned recently how much I love this little story? Every now and again, I read it just to remind me of how much fun this can be. Thanks so much for this gem.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Woohoo! Mike and Cap get some alone time with their Girl. :-) Great read on the new rig and the crew - and of, course, wonderfully perceptive from Mike's POV. Fantastic story!
jada951 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
definitely a love affair going on here!

You descriptions sound spot on.

Good to hear and see Mike for a while.

So, just asking, but are you saying you are opening up the rest of the alphabet if someone else wanted to add a chapter? I don't have any ideas right now, but it sounds like a challenge. If I am mistaken, sorry about that.
Dianne chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This is a lovely story. I can totally see the guys getting excited about the new rig. Mike's thoughts are great here. People do get attached to their vehicles, I know I do, not because of newness etc but because of the memories of where they take you and a fire engine would certainly gather memories. I loved where Roy and John talked about what the 'old engine' must have gone through in her time and this story of yours has some of that spirit in it, just beautifully written. So the next letter is "C" huh? LOL, I'd love to do that but time isn't permitting right now. Thanks so much for the story.
eroticwriter chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This was great. I remember well the episode where they got the new engine. I also remember Stoker's only real words were 'We'll break this beast in right."

Love the insight here into the mind of Mike Stoker. You just don't see enough of that in the show...lol.
HeroWorshiper chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Awwwww! That was awsome! I always enjoy those extra insider bits of information you include. Things like the guid marks on the floor, and the term "dog house". Delightful piece! Thanks for sharing with us!
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Ahhh, so sweet!
ButterflyBlessings chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
loved it! I love how you get inside the guys' heads and it makes all the more real!
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Reminds you of kids in a candy story. Thanks for the chuckle of the day.

Great work