Reviews for Wrong Turn
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 7 . 4/22/2012
Three days to make an impact.

It'll take a lifetime to understand.

To grieve.

Thanks Beej, you got it all right there. Everything.

Thank you for this.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
Very good.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
irismay42 chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
I think you're right that Dean wouldn't have dwelt on the loss of Emma. But also I guess he must have felt something, especially the way he feels about family. I guess that episode just didn't resonate very much with me though, as I didn't really feel that much!
ebonylovesdeanandsam chapter 7 . 4/14/2012
wow i love this fic and yes dean is a hero and strong too. jensen ackles is a great actor and made dean so great . also sam is great too. its nice to read about the winchesters without cas cause he sucks and dean and sam is way better too. and yeah this fic is great and i love dean so much!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
QuoteAnother lost

Wow! What a way of putting it. Hope of what? Hoping for Family?Hoping for normalcy? Even a shred of it? Hoping for a familial connection? Hoping to be a Father in the true sense of the word?

*hurts for Dean*

This chapter was titles "What Goes Around, Comes Around" and I want to talk about that for a minute. Like Ratt's song "Round And Round", we see how things in our lives go around and come around. Not necessarily in equal amounts of goodness or the words "I knew right from the start, You'd put an arrow through my heart" from Ratt's song. Dean knows this girl means nothing but pain and possibly death for him. And yet...and yet he still tries to give her a chance and dissuade her from making a bad decision.

More lyrics from Ratt's song about "what goes around, comes around"..."Round and round

With love we'll find a way just give it time".

There's no doubt in my mind that Dean had enough love. He just wasn't given the time. Something else taken away from him.

I've loved your afterward comments on each of these chapters. And how weird is it that now I want to discuss sammy that headphones are playing Stones "Sympathy For The Devil"?

*laughs til it hurts*

Irony, you're such a BYTCHH!

I think Sammy accused Dean of "choking" not because he saw him that way, but because of fear. Fear that something had happened to Dean before he could get there. Fear of losing the most stable thing in his life. Fear of losing the one person he could trust to not jack him around and use him for their own personal agenda like Brady and YED did for oh, so many years.

Sam's character took some heat for saying that after this epi aired but I think I see where Sam's coming from. When you're faced with the reality of something happening to a loved one, after the crisis is over and disaster has been averted you tend to jump right down that loved one's throat with both feet first. Never mind that what you jump them about makes no sense whatsoever, it's a way of releasing some pressure but yet showing you care about them and love them all at the same time.

Thanks Beej, it's been fun runnin' with you today. The company has been excellent, the story awesome and the tunes, well, the tunes added to the enjoyment. And now, like my song that's coming on right now (Long Time by Boston) I think I should be going...

*squishy smishy* ;P
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 5 . 3/26/2012
QuoteOne more moment with my child.

All I'll have when this is

What kind of damage must that create in a soul?

QuoteBut I

Dean's not usually one for wasting any time when it comes to ganking Fuglys. But look how hard he tried to avoid having to gank his own brother. I think that's possibly one reason he made the deal with the CRD. How could he see his brother turn into a Fugly and have to be the one to take him out? By making his Deal he showing his love for FAMILY in more ways than one.

Dean lingering in this situation I think is perfectly understandable.

QuoteAll I'll have when this is

How that must pain him! Agony for a lifetime. How can a person live with that much pain and still function?

Quote I don't know that Dean actively wants to die, but he sure as hell is tired of living. He carries on because it's his duty, because there are still bad guys out there that need to be put down, because he should...because he doesn't know any other way to

Are you talking about me? You're in MY MELON now. Get out!

Yes, I'm tired of living. I still have a living child I have a duty to. And I don't know any other way at this time either. I've also made promises to others. I have a duty to them to keep my word.

Tune playing right now... "Stuck In The Middle With You". I wonder how many times Dean sang this to Sammy as a bedtime lullaby?

"Clowns to the left of me..."

*apparently you wuv hugs*

*hugz you tightly*

Thanks Beej, for sharing this. I love your insight into Dean's head.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 4 . 3/26/2012
Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" is blasting through my headset right now. I think this would've felt to Dean like a bullet hitting bone to see his brother ganking his daughter before his very eyes.

He knows how it's going to end. That doesn't make him feel any better about it, though.

Is it wrong of me to say that I'm glad that Sammy did it and Dean wasn't forced to kill his own daughter? As a parent that has lost a child and grieves and misses her dearly, I think I can safely say I could not kill a child I made no matter how much of a monster it was. Even a monster along the lines of Charles Manson or Adolph Hitler. Does this make me weak? No, it makes me human.

I think this is one of the reasons Dean resonates so much for me. He shows us all our own fraility of being human.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 3 . 3/26/2012
This supports my view of Dean as a responsible father. Yes, he may be a 'ladies man' and sowed many wild oats along the way. But he's always been about "FAMILY". He's been the glue that held the damaged fractured Winchester family together after Mary's death.

Totally unrelated to topic, but cool anyway,...Uncle Ted just played "Stranglehold" and now Foghat's giving me a "Slowride".

Anyway, I think if Dean was to ever have the chance to have kids and settle down, he'd take it. Yes, he had a year with Lisa and Ben. But look at the loss he suffered to get to that point. And he was also keeping a promise made to a doomed family family member. I think if Dean could have the chance of a normal life without having to pay a heavy price or see others suffer for his choice, he'd go for it. WIAWSNB, for instance. I rest my case.

This is why he's so attuned to the consequences others pay. And how sad is it that he acknowledges Emma's consequences she had to pay for her choices even though it was out of her hands? And feels the pain and loss of a daughter he never really had a chance to get to know or watch grow up?

Now radio is playing ACCA DACCA's "Highway To Hell".

Random thought just occurred. Was that Highway to Hell paved with Dean's good intentions? And is he traveling that highway now?

Thank you Beej, for letting me play with your drabbles here.

Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
What a coinky dink that Bon Jovi's "Wanted" is playing as I read this.

QuoteWhat am I supposed to feel?

What am I supposed to do?Quote

This really strikes a chord in me. He's asked this question in the past and never receives an answer.

*clutches painful chest*

For someone who always seems to have his 'gameface' on, this is so telling.

QuoteJensen makes everything Dean is feeling so palpable, including how shell-shocked and numb he is to it all. Even in the quiet moments, when there isn't much going on physically, you can see the pain on Dean's face. That face-off with Emma was perfectly modulated, the weariness, the concern, the suspicion, the acceptance and the resignation to how it was all going to end. The emotion always resonates when Jensen is acting, whether it is a heartfelt crying scene or more subtle, captured by a simple look or

You said this so well. And every word, true. The resignation in that scene almost broke me. I think he was going to let her gank him. He had already accepted that Jo's spirit was going to gank him. Maybe he's beginning to see his death as inevitable. I certainly hope not.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
irismay42 chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
I'm still not sure how I feel about The Slice Girls or Emma, so goodness knows how Dean felt! I liked that he didn't blame Sam for doing what he did too though!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
You portray Dean so well. I think you live in his head.

*izzat a bad thing?*

pandora jazz chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
I like how Dean handled this scene with Sam on the show. He wasn't angry at Sam for shooting Emma. Though I didn't think Dean was going to 'choke' and not shoot her. Jensen when asked this question at a convention said that Dean would have shot Emma.

Sorry I haven't reviewed much on this story.

Thanks for sharing another thought with us.
sylia91 chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
I love that Dean was still hoping and willing to give Emma a chance though he fully expected and prepared to have to do the hard thing again. Sam saved him from having to do so and I feel Dean was grateful and relieved.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »