Reviews for I'll Be Looking at the Moon
Sareki02 chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
This was absolutely amazing, it really cut to the core of B’Elanna’s character as well as her relationship with Tom. I’m fascinated with the future that will never be from Endgame and this is one of the best things I’ve read placed in that timeline. This was beautifully written and I enjoyed it so much! Thanks for sharing.
LVB chapter 6 . 7/26/2014
That was simply heartbreaking. You had an excellent hold of the characters!
CanadianReba chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
This is an incredible story. The emotion in the end was superb, had me actually tearing up from it. You have a great talent for this kind of writing.
QuasiOuster chapter 6 . 3/21/2012
The intensity of how you've framed this journey for B'Elanna is really wonderful. It's hard to experience how dark B'Elanna's character can get but you do it with such a lyrical beauty that it gets me every time. I can't say that I "enjoyed" going through this with Tom and B'Elanna and Miral - it's so hard to see them all hurting in their own way. But I did like it a lot and appreciated the character and hope that the story leaves me with. And overall, it also speaks to the wonderful power of the relationship between B'Elanna and Chakotay.
KJaneway115 chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
Beautiful. I've never put much thought into how B'Elanna would have reacted to Chakotay's death in the pre-Endgame timeline, but I think you did a wonderful job exploring that. B'Elanna's struggle for release particularly touched me.
Faye chapter 6 . 2/23/2012
I loved this. You are an amazing writer. Your words are so clear. Please keep on writing. I wish I had your muse
Alpha Flyer chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
What a beautiful ending to a beautifully crafted story. Thank you.
CrlkSeasons chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
The connection of touch, whether it is the feel of the earth or the loving touch of a warm heart, can be the catalyst we need to begin to recover.
CrlkSeasons chapter 4 . 2/17/2012
This review covers both part 3 and part 4. There was a particular line in each chapter that caught and held my attention.

"It was merely a diversion, a way to involve one's emotions without commitment." I found this to be a devastating commentary on the viewing/reading public. It forces them/us to share responsibility for feeding and for being fed by the media. Too often we criticize the big, bad media, then turn around to gobble up the next story.

"She'd never come home." This is a haunting line, deceptive in its simplicity.
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 2/15/2012
Using this third person perspective is a really wonderful development for the story. I think with how intense each chapter is emotionally, it's a nice detachment from having to experience this situation right with the characters. I liked the touch about Sveta and the last line was so haunting. Nicely done.
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
How heartbreaking. I'm already very interested in the family dynamics that you've set up here. I'm a little scared about how this will play out for B'Elanna but I know she's in good hands with your storytelling skills.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I sense a lot of angst coming up. This should be an interesting journey. Particularly, I thought the little touches of Tom's internal dialogue were really effective. This is a really intriguing start.
Alpha Flyer chapter 3 . 2/10/2012
As much as I would like to think that your cynicism towards the media is ill-placed, I can't. Every word rings true. A sad indictment of pre-digested spin in the age of infotainment, but oh so true. Very, very well done.
CrlkSeasons chapter 2 . 2/9/2012
In this reality, Chakotay's death further underscores the loss of the crew's strong bonds of support that sustained them on a daily basis for over twenty years in the Delta quadrant, and also the loss of their personal privacy to the frenzy of media interest in the Alpha quadrant.

You haven't taken the easy way out in your story. People don't always deal with grief the way others would like them to do. Grief can be expressed as denial, anger, numbness, despair. You've provided richly textured insight into a difficult subject.
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
The inability to address emotions - of any kind - is one of the most debilitating afflictions, both for the person concerned and those around him/her. As this piece demonstrates yet again, it is not something you have a problem with in your writing! Beautifully done, as always.