Reviews for A Glancing Blow
Castlelover777 chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
Love this story! This sounds exactly as I imagine early Rick would react to a graze; giddy and excited. It also is exactly like him to realize the seriousness of the situation after awhile. Loved that Ryan was shook by his close call. I'd love another chapter to hear about the celebration, and what I'm sure would be Rick's contemplation of 'what if' after he was home for a while.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
i like the way you write this story. :)
callmesandy chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I really enjoyed this! :)
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Am celebrating the end of my NaNo story by reading ;-) yeah me!
loved the banter and how he went from such a high to the reality of what could have happened, and what has happened to many of them!
newmanaj chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Wow. Very powerful. Great job as usual. Thanks.
Twisha chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
What a nice little interlude! You captured the characters perfectly. I like the idea that Castle is "one of them", because he is.
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Nice serious chapter with the right amount of Castle humor! Thank you!
duckys-dream chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I really like jittery, adrenaline rush Castle with his verbal diarrhoea. The more immature and boyish Castle of the 'early' days. :) And I love how proud he is of his battle wound, so spot on!

And then the instant deflation when he realises the stakes. I really love the respect he shows.

And I love, love, love sweet, patient, concerned, reassuring, accepting Beckett!

Just love! :)
firtree chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
a cute story that manages to touch some deep stuff while keeping a light tone. well done!
Onelife30 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
This was a good story!
nixer chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I like this. A lot. As usual your characterisation is spot-on and the details and back story feel true to the show.
CRB chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Came here from River of Consciousness... an interesting one-shot, though a bit more painfully ironic now then it would have been before the end of last season.

I just can't help wondering - how would Alexis react? I mean if Esposito's comment hadn't finally brought him back down to earth, I'm sure Alexis's reaction would have. Especially since he refused to go home to change, so it's entirely visible.
bookworm1818 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
LOVED IT! So great and in character! Loved Castle's changing emotions throughout!
Nat84 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
That was a cute story.

Great job!
Blue Obsidian Butterfly chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
very in character and plausable. Why didn't this happen in the show? :)