Reviews for Journey of a Thousand Miles
50penny chapter 52 . 1/17
Completely loved this story! You wrote the characters so well, it makes me miss the show so much!
gda chapter 51 . 7/22/2013
Awww, GR! Totally awesome last few chapters! Sorry I'm just now getting caught up but let me just say... you're my idol. This story was so wonderful! And I seriously think you've got a much better handle on these two than the actual writers/creators did - even though I loved most of what they gave us!

Congrats on finishing this story! And I'm so excited to see what you do with the rest of Shattered!

GDA
GDA chapter 48 . 7/15/2013
AWww. That was so nice, seeing this side of him, watching him take care of her and worry about her (hell, *I* was worried for a bit there, lol). I love all the sides of Cal that you bring to your stories, of course, but this one... *sigh* was lovely!

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this! Shame, Shame, lol.
Becky'sGirl chapter 52 . 7/8/2013
This was a terrific read, beginning to end. Like you, I wish we'd gotten more backstory. You did a great job filling it in believably and in character.
SassyCop chapter 52 . 7/2/2013
I can't put into words how much I love this story. This last part was absolutely magnificent! I can't wait until I can read the whole thing and then sit down right after and re-watch season 1. Perfect fit! Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this. The third deleted scene is my favorite. Makes so much sense.

I hope you will keep writing for Lie to Me*.
Guest chapter 52 . 7/1/2013
A perfect ending! Like that you put deleted scenes in the end.
bluecube76 chapter 51 . 6/28/2013
Excellent, I've loved reading this. Great how you have mentioned things that happened in your earlier episodes in the last few ones.

Thank you, hope to read more of your stories soon. ;)
Guest chapter 52 . 6/28/2013
Sometimes it makes me sad that I can't see them anymore on my tv but your story makes me so happy. Would love to see another chapter about them. :)
scasfra chapter 52 . 6/27/2013
The only reason I didn't like the next chapter it's because it's the last and this one with the missing scenes is awsome! I particularly loved the very last one where Gillia reveals about her father.
Please, do tell me wou'd be willing to write something this awsome where they get together! I could write something for you in return (if you'd like) :)
jenron12 chapter 52 . 6/25/2013
So comforting to know I'm not the only one who does this. I swear, there's probably 25 snippets of dribbles, ideas, and chunks of notes in my hard drive that I've never used. Such a cool idea to post them this way! The bit about Gillian's dad was especially good, btw. Well done, as always!
jenron12 chapter 51 . 6/25/2013
*happy sigh* I was bad and read this at work while NOT on break, and now I really want to go back and read every chapter again, lol. I love this story. This was a brilliant way to end it, too, and though I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite part, my heart went all fluttery at this one:

"That's why I pick the book," he reiterated. "Cause you had it in your office. 'Cause seeing it there made me think that maybe you're someone who's capable of seeing more than what's right in front of you. Never have asked you to be my partner if I didn't think that."

You write them so beautifully. :)
NElaineR chapter 52 . 6/24/2013
Loved your little outtakes, and of course this made me laugh: "Plus, she wouldn't have to bend down to kiss you like Mom used to."
Cal turned the radio back on. "Go fiddle with the dial, Em."
And now I want some Gyoza. Note to self: Gyoza on shopping list for monthly trek to Asian market in Austin...
NElaineR chapter 51 . 6/24/2013
Awww. Nice conclusion - you set everything up perfectly for season 1. Great job! ) I do have to say, the 'yearning' bit made my heart break just a little for Cal but it also successfully foreshadowed why he starts acting, um, well, third-season-ish.
icoffeemate1 chapter 51 . 6/24/2013
This was a wonderful story! Thank you so much for writing it! Hopefully you'll write more in the (near) future. Would love to read your take on their relationship w/Season 3 Cal. -
Loved the "giant citrus souvenir" ... : ) Wonderful description; wonderfully in character.
solveariddle chapter 52 . 6/24/2013
I'm so glad you shared these *deleted scenes* with us. They made me happy (I, II) and sad (III), but I wouldn't have wanted to miss them. So, thanks again.

...and now, there's this other story you need to finish or you can (also) start a new one... *wink, wink* ;)