Reviews for The Sin Eater
Tricia chapter 16 . 7/26/2014
Just finished your story and loved it. The oc were great. The concept was cool. I think I saw an episode on twilight zone years ago regarding a sin eater and this reminded me of that. Thanks for spending your time to write is such an entertaining story.
luanee chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
Another great story !
Nadamalki chapter 16 . 10/21/2013
Woha what a story! I'm proud to say that I was up all night reading this, and I had to go to work today! Can't even think straight! I took a little break from work cause my hands were itching to write a review/thankyou!

Gripped me again from beginning to end! I felt like I was watching a movie rather than reading a story! The suspense was so surreal! I was almost able to taste the yellow apples being tossed about, could almost hear the leaves as the boys stepped through these woods. This should've been on the freakin TV series!

Ugh, don't get me started on Dean's doubts on whether Sam would go to Hell from him, it killed me, and then Sam's stutter, then Dean's look of betrayal, then Sam's emotional comeback. Freakin shoot me!

You know, I always focused on the main characters whenever reading a Supernatural fanfiction, Dean and Sam (mostly Dean though lol,) never really bothered with the side characters, they were a bother at times. But in your story, I couldn't help but to ache for Nate, cared for him as much as I cared for the other two. His story was so saddening and beautifully written, and how you creatively linked it to Dean was just amazing. I couldn't help but to wonder if you're a professional writer selling novels, I'd be your number one fan!

Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us. Your talent is truly endless! l'll end my review with a liner from your story that gave me goosebumps my skin almost fell off:

"Eat your own damn sins."
swansong27 chapter 13 . 7/26/2013
sensual extravaganza of tapioca...best line ever
SPNxBookworm chapter 16 . 1/24/2013
Oh my freakin' gosh! I absolutely loved it! The whole Russell, Bobby, Dean and Sam escapade had me on the edge of my seat. I loved how you related Dean and Nathaniel :)
I absolutely loved every single thing about this story. First, it had Hurt!Dean and Protective!Sam. Love it that way! :D And then the teary brotherly moment about the demon deal! I have a million more things to say...but i think i should stop before i wreck my keyboard :P
You are definitely in my favourite authors list ;) Loved your writing style too! Okay...ill stop now.. :P
*bounds off happily to read the rest of your the fics*
SPNxBookworm chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Just started reading this. Not yet done with it but its definitely in my favourites list! :D Following you too ;) Great start. Im around chapter 4. Will post another review when im done with the story! :D Do reply! :)
missmyshow chapter 16 . 1/21/2013
I really enjoyed that. Very well written, in character, hurt/comfort plus an interesting plot to boot. Can't ask for more. Thank you!
Sharlot chapter 16 . 8/13/2012
I've had this story in my "to-read" bin for a while. Finally got around to it, and wow...what an absolute GEM. I enjoyed this thoroughly from beginning to end. Loved the case (it had me Googling and learning about sin-eaters...never heard of that practice before...but SO interesting!), loved the hurt/comfort (especially loved that it was PART of the case and not the entire case), loved the tie-in to Dean's deal and the brotherly angst and subsequent growth.

I also thought your writing was just sensational, my dear. My breath was taken away more than once by many of your lovely phrases. I even shed a tear when Nate found his peace. GREAT work! It was a privilege to read this, and I will definitely be plopping myself down and reading through your collection of stories.

Thank you SO much for all the time and love and effort you put into this...and for sharing it with us so freely.
CeCe Away chapter 16 . 7/3/2012
Really good fic with a lot of emotion at the end. Poor guys.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 16 . 3/16/2012
Very, very enjoyable. Some good twists and turns, but the idea of Dean, already being damned, being able to "eat" Nathan's sins to let him go in peace, that's inspired. And moving. And I didn't know how you'd have Sam get through to Dean that their self-sacrifice goes both ways, but you did a terrific job with it, one I could believe. Thank you for another really good story, and for updating so quickly!
JaniceC678 chapter 12 . 3/13/2012
Oh, after my last lengthy rambling on Sam's choice, you come through for me in the end! As much as I was willing to accept his earlier hesitation, I loved his response to Bobby's question!

Oh, and the whole escape action sequence was AMAZING. And now it is 2:40 and this time I AM leaving the guys safe and secure for the moment!
JaniceC678 chapter 10 . 3/13/2012
Definitely still reading and totally enthralled! This is the first of your stories I've and, damn!, it's good! WAY better than some of the tie-in novels I've read.

Just recently discovered the amazing world of fan fic and became an instant addict - new SN at my fingertips whenever I want and whatever particular theme I'm in the mood for. And I haven't read a bad one yet. This is amazing. I figured there'd be lot of really bad stuff but man, the handful of stuff I've read so far has been great.

I've mostly been reading Sam-centric stuff (and yeah, definitely into the hurt! theme, LOL. What is UP with us fans getting so much enjoyment out of our guys being so badly hurt?) so this is a nice change of pace for me. It's nice to see Sam being the one to be helping hurt Dean for a change.

Just got past the part where Dean knows Sam was lying about making the same deal for him...wasn't sure I was crazy about the fact that Sam would hesitate over that (and we know that, in the series, he DID actually try to make a deal in the end,) but as much as I wanted to be annoyed with you about that, I can see it, if I'm honest with myself. Not that Sam loves Dean any less, and he'd willingly take a bullet meant for him, but I don't think he would have sold his soul to undo Dean dying a "natural" death, even at the hands of a monster or murderer (as opposed to getting dragged to hell because of his deal). I think he would have been able to deal with it - not easily, certainly, but I think he would have gotten there and accepted it as a natural order of things. So good job there...I didn't want to agree with you on that point, but I do.

Anyway, even though you admit your stories are Dean-centric, you also write Sam VERY well, and have a nice balance between the two guys. (Sam-girl here in case you can't tell, LOL, so that's important to me!)

One question - How come Bobby or Russell didn't at least try to call for help once they found Sam and Dean? They would have had their phones. In my brain I just chalked up "no signal," and I'm fine with that, but the thought did cross my mind. (VERY minor point, but just for future reference.

So...it's almost 2 a.m. so I think I will have to leave the boys in the relative safety (for the moment) of the old mine shaft and get some sleep. This is REALLY good stuff!
deangirl1 chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
I can't tell you how much I wish the boys had ever had that conversation on show. I think you hit the nail on the head with it. As always a spectacularly great finish to a fantastic story... I still have my fingers crossed that we may see a new one from you soon...
SPN Mum chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
Sam finally got the chance to tell Dean that he was wrong, that Sam cared more than he could know. They both needed that airing of their emotions. I'm glad Sam didn't give up, that he made Dean listen. Their lives are so messed up, they didn't need that misunderstanding between them. It still amazes me that Dean could seriously doubt how much his dying will mess up Sam. Dean has always been there for him, looking out for him...how could he expect Sam to go on living without him still there? Codependancy or not, they are two halves of a whole, and neither one does well without the other.

Thanks so much for such an enjoyable story! I shall miss it. I hope you have something else about the two brothers clamoring to be heard. :)
ccase13 chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
I love how the boys put the Willard family into the graveyard with as much permanence as they could manage.

The blowout between the brothers was such a clearing of the air. Sam was so true to the show and was thinking very cleverly. Sam would have believed Dean, who spent his life serving others was safe in the heaven Dean never believed in until after he met Castiel and saw his wings.