Reviews for Avatar: the Journey of Life
Asiastana chapter 23 . 1/20
A very calm read. I enjoyed it a lot.
Lieberisse chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Yay! A good au modern story! I'm excited to read more! I love that it's set in republic city. :)
Kelev chapter 23 . 7/29/2013
It's so nice to see this story finally wrap up- it took a lot of time and some effort, but you made it! Kudos, CC! And thanks for the shout out via Hannah, it was super cute (and pretty realistic of how she behaves). :) Hope you do well with whatever you choose to do next!
Wildstar93 chapter 23 . 7/27/2013
A great ending to a great story. I like that. Especially with the dance Aang and Katara made...and the kiss in the was great. No it wasn' was actually awesome. The awesome moments, the parts that make you wanna laugh, the moments where it tugs at your heart, and the stuff that make you cry...all of it was awesome.

I'm looking forward to any future stories of yours, CC (Mind if I call you that?). And to the people who made their cameos on this chapter: it's great to see you on this chapter. :)

Keep up the awesome work like you've always done!
Kelev chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
It's great seeing everything get resolved and wrapped up, CC! You're almost done!
Wildstar93 chapter 22 . 7/7/2013
I just saw the cat, and I love it already. Thanks, buddy. :) I've loved cats since I've started reading the Warrior Cats series, and I like dark tabby cats. Especially since they look like certain cats like Brambleclaw, Tigerstar, and Brokenstar.

On a more important note, I'm happy to see that Gyatso's gonna recover...but he's still got some way to go. WaterBending shouldn't be hard for Katara since she's got a good master in Master Pakku. AND there's something between her and Aang now...that, I won't say yet. And I can't wait for the epilogue to appear and see how everyone's doing...and congrats for your first time as a law firm. :)

Kelev chapter 21 . 6/18/2013
*Sigh* This site is so stupid. I had a long, well fleshed out review written out, and wouldn't you know it, it didn't go through! *rants and raves* Sorry, CC. Long story short, you did a great job on this chapter, and it's much improved since the first draft you sent. Great job well done.
Wildstar93 chapter 21 . 6/15/2013
THERE'S the title drop! And it's good of Aang to finally be pulled out of his funk. And I like the irony you put in: Aang helps Katara get over her depression, and now she's helped him get out of his.

Plus, I hope Gyatso makes it. And speaking of life, my dog had her second litter of puppies last night. Sorry I went off topic, but I'm glad things are looking up to the heroes in this story. I wonder what'll happen about Ozai, Azula, Jet, Pakku, Kanna, and the others? But other than that, this story's getting nearer to its grand finale!

Kelev chapter 20 . 5/28/2013
Pretty good, I like that there wasn't much to the whole romantic triangle when Toph was seen with Sokka and Suki. Friendship always wins out in the end! The dialogue between Roku and Aang seemed to reflect waterbedning principles more than Airbending principles, especially in regards to the concept of change. Perhaps you can link that little bit to Katara's influence in Aang's life.
Wildstar93 chapter 20 . 5/26/2013
That scene with Aang visiting Gyatso reminds me of that scene on The Lion King (my favorite Disney movie) when Simba sees the body of his father Mufasa. And Roku's right; AirBenders shouldn't be afraid of a little change. Plus, I'm glad Katara got to return the favor of Aang cheering her up when she was down...and I hope Gyatso survives this.

Wildstar93 chapter 19 . 5/13/2013
I liked that part in The Serpent's Pass...and from The Promise; that's what makes Katara the amazing WaterBender we all know today. And since Aang had helped her get out of her depression, now it's her turn to help HIM. Plus, I liked the part where Zuko stands up to Azula and Ozai, and it's nice that he just wants the family to be together again.

And right now, I'm working on the next Pokemon Scary Tales chapter. You'll see when it's uploaded.

Kelev chapter 19 . 5/13/2013
Pretty good chapter, I like that the tables have turned and that Katara is now coaching Aang on emotion management, like in the serpent's pass. However, you may need to work on your speech for Aang, even though he's trying to detach himself, he still sounds too formal for a young teen (even if he's trying to be formal and distant, I can safely say that he still comes across too contrived to be 'Aang'.) Otherwise, pretty good work, and keep it up!
Wildstar93 chapter 18 . 4/19/2013
Now Azula's crossing the Moral Event Horizon there, attacking Gyatso like that! I hope he gets better soon. And that was an awesome confrontation between Zuko and Azula and about what they believe in. Finally, both Toph and Katara got free now!

Kelev chapter 18 . 4/9/2013
Very good chapter! Action suits you, CC, you should write it more.

I think you got everyone's character down pat, with only a few minor things that need addressing.

1: Wouldn't Sokka have Katara on his mind more than Toph during that first scene when he admits to feeling guilty for the park fiasco? You had him only mention his friend, not his sister, so it just felt a little odd that Katara wasn't even in his thoughts at all.

2: The scene with Azula and her getting the car needs to be fleshed out much more. It seemed to jump from Hakoda and the adults arriving to Crazula trying to chase Toph down in a random car. Perhaps you can go back and edit this scene, and make it clear where she is getting the car and at what time she's getting in. It would have been nice to see her POV during it too, like this is her last ditch effort not to fail. This is where she should be seen as completely losing it- it's madness that would drive her to do such a thing, and I feel like you just missed out on a great moment of storytelling by skipping out on her POV here.

Other than that, good work! One of your best chapters so far.
Wildstar93 chapter 17 . 3/5/2013
How hard did Sokka hit his head, you say? My answer is this: pretty hard to come up with stuff like that. But anyways, let's hope Long Feng doesn't try and ruin everything.

And keep up the awesome work!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »