Reviews for The Twin Lights of Home: The Dawn
poohsox chapter 27 . 10/13/2013
I've just finished this great story. Although I knew Alex and Rose were headed for rough times, I was shocked and saddened that it happened just as their relationship was about to deepen. Please, pretty please with sugar on it, don't leave us hanging.
starlingmks chapter 28 . 7/12/2013
Good story, but now I think I will wander off for about a year because I have an allergy to WIPs. Thanks for writing.
Dreamcatcher49 chapter 28 . 7/6/2013
I just began to read"The Tempest" and wanted to refresh my memory of this story even though I had already read it from start to end...looking forward to more from this series, The Tempest and beyond.
Julianna Calavicci chapter 25 . 6/14/2013
To Aboriginal Who: I would prefer to respond to your review in a private message but, since you didn't log on to place your review, I must respond publicly.

Firstly, you must know that authors often have characters that say things which do not reflect the views of the author. Alex's insult to Laurel concerning her medical expertise is such a case. As the author, I am fully aware that Aborigines do not practice voodoo and that they have greatly contributed to the practice of medicine. This is also the case for Native Americans in my home country. I firmly believe in the benefits of holistic and natural healing, which many cultures still practice. My having Alex speak in such a manner is to reflect his current state of mind, not to reflect my own convictions. Do you honestly believe that writers like Stephen King believe what they write as being factual? He too has had characters behave in an uncomfortably racist manner as have many other authors. If this is your conviction, then you must also consider every writer who has ever had a character speak a racial slur to be a racist themselves.

Secondly, if you do not wish to continue reading this story because of the slur, that is fine. I understand your reasons. However, as the author, I reserve the right to keep the story as I wrote it. To change that particular sentence in any way would soften the blow of just how completely irrational and vindictive Alex is being at that moment. People under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol have been known to behave contrary to their normal behavior. This has been seen repeatedly in the media. The sentence will remain as it is.

I write FICTION, Aboriginal Who, and that is what this is. It is not meant to be a scholarly exercise nor non-fiction. I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the chapter to state that Alex's views are not my own as, with all fiction, it is assumed that is the case. I hope that you will continue to read the story as I think that you will find a drastic change in Alex's attitude. He is far more respectful to Laurel in the next chapter.
Aboriginal Who chapter 23 . 6/14/2013
I was having fun reading this story until I came across the racist slur against Aborigines. That was lazy writing and so cluelessly, ignorantly racist; not to mention factually wrong on a couple of levels. Firstly, Aboriginal "shamans" are not voodoo or vodun, completely different. Secondly and most importantly, traditional healers are in fact extremely helpful in treating addiction in patients from traditional backgrounds, and are used in conjunction with mainstream health care practice. Aboriginal "Shaman" not shorthand for rubbish doctor, it's a doctor who treats aboriginal cultural problems.

Google it if you want to know more, or just take the racial slur out even if you don't, but don't be racist through ignorance.

From a Whovian Australian Aboriginal Fangirl (yes, we exist and we CAN use the Internet)
CaffeineMom chapter 27 . 6/3/2013
Great ending!
Please keep posting!
I also love how Alex & Rose work out their difficulties.
AgentSnowex chapter 28 . 6/3/2013
So I want you to know how amazing this story is. I've read quite a few doctor who stories in the past weeks and I have to say this is one of my favorites. You take such a different and unique spin on ten2 and rose's relationship after the doctor leaves them. And I absolutely love it. And I really am going crazy with anticipation to read the next part of this story. Im genuinely scared for the two of them. The bits and pieces you've included nere'ii and what we can assume is in store for the doctor and rose...well I'm quite terrified.

Please post the second part soon. I truly cannot wait!

-Kara
teh-ena chapter 27 . 6/2/2013
This story is really great! This chapter in particular was sweet and amusing and the bit at the end left me really wanting more! Of course they had to be interrupted with something like that, haha. Can't wait to find out what happens!
RiannaBenden chapter 27 . 6/1/2013
This story is really magnificent, and I can't wait to read the sequel. You took a much darker approach to this genre than most people do, but you made it work spectacularly. Looking forward to the next installment.
GallifreyIreland chapter 27 . 6/1/2013
O.O
*blink* *blink*

Nooo...it was going so well! He was being all romantic and not hiding his feelings and stuff...only with the Doctor could a simple thing like a marriage proposal end with a time scoop...

But I've thoroughly enjoyed this story, and will eagerly await the next instalment!
Dreamcatcher49 chapter 27 . 6/1/2013
when I look into your eyes – those brilliant twin lights – I know that I'm finally home...that was both lovely and heart breaking...losing the ring and not having the opportunity to ask her was just an awful way to leave this hanging but I am hopeful it won't be too long before the next bit!
lks358 chapter 27 . 6/1/2013
Oh my gosh. I literally just threw my phone. I really love this story - the plot is wonderful and it's beautifully written! Don't keep us hanging for long!
GallifreyIreland chapter 26 . 6/1/2013
I'm so glad he's finally doing better! Hopefully he continues to recover nicely
GallifreyIreland chapter 25 . 2/3/2013
This is actually kinda intense! I'm really anxious to see how this whole "cold turkey" thing will work out.
teh-ena chapter 25 . 1/18/2013
I find this story to be very interesting. It's well written, and the themes that you're exploring are ones that aren't often explored in Doctor Who fanfiction, so it's a nice change of pace. I really like the depths to which you're exploring the different personalities affecting Alex, and I'm intrigued to read more.