Reviews for The Art of Sarcasm
neji 4ever girl13 chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
love it. also it's nice to see another GT Trunks lover on the site! :D
FriendlyFace chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Haha. I love stories of teen Goten and Trunks (non-yaoi). I wish more people focused on their friendship and stories of them growing up and having fun. :D Great fic!
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
that's hilarious! so full of sarcasm and goten has no clue! love the end :)
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Haha. I seriously can't stop laughing. This was awesome! Especially the ending. You didn't just leave it with one little line of sarcasm. You went one better and had Goten mistake Trunks' honest compliment wrongly. That was awesome!
-D101
FollowThisRhythm chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Nice one-shot. :) This is actually one of the better ones I've come across in the DBZ fandom, humour-wise, and overall, it was written well too. My only concrit would be that at the beginning, your sentences were kind of repetitive and they went through the motions too much (and what I mean by that is that you repeated that Goten was taking a bite of his apple, or eating his apple, or finishing his apple, et cetera, rather than being a bit more creative with your wording). For instance, you could have written:

"Sure, Trunks, just give me a sec," Goten replied through a mouthful, taking one last hasty bite as he made his way over and disposed of the core. "So, what's up?" he asked, stepping over to look over Trunks' shoulder.

Of course, this is just an example (and a quickly put-together one at that) but my point is that you don't have to describe every movement Goten makes as he eats and goes over to see Trunks, because the reader gets it the first time you say it. It's unnecessary, you know? And it makes it kind of dull to read. If you want to add more to the beginning, though, or maybe just add more description, then you could elaborate a bit more on what Goten's doing, because he probably isn't standing in the middle of the room or staring at the wall as he eats his apple, right? So, is he writing or reading? (For homework, maybe.) Is he lying on his back or his side and daydreaming? Is he watching something? There's a lot that you could do here, you just have to use a bit more of your imagination, and if reading my suggestions don't help, think about what you or a friend would do if you were hanging out and not really doing much. (You could evengo more into what Trunks is doing, of that would be easier.)

Anyway, that all said, the awkward sentence structure I mentioned above more or less stops once their conversation gets going (so don't worry too much about what I said). Your dialogue is remarkably (and rather surprisingly, because a lot of people seem to have difficulty when it comes to dialogue) good; witty, easy to fall into and natural, and I was laughing by the end. Your characterization was pretty spot-on, too (Goten WOULD have attitude in a situation like this) and I not only liked the concept of this, but your manner of execution as well.

Long story short, thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it. :)
JhCh chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
_ Really Good! Hahaha Goten always is gonna be kinda silly!..
Vaniti chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Completely adorable! The ending was terrific with their heated lines being tossed back to each other like a tennis match. ;) The ending was satisfyingly perfect in the sense of sarcastic humor (and that wasn't me being sarcastic! ;) ) This was a fun read, thank you! My only question is approximately how old are Trunks and Goten in this piece? I wasn't quite sure if they were older or younger teens. In any case, you have a strength in writing dialouge; thanks for the read!

~ Vaniti
iTeacup chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Magnificent! What a wonderful fiction! Thank you for writing this up - it gave me a good laugh. Goten and Trunks are absolutely adorable. I love reading stories about them. I hope you write more in the future! Don't be discouraged if you don't get many reviews on DBZ related fictions; not many people watch or read it nowadays; but I certainly do! Good job, and keep up the nice work!
Goku's Donut chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Omg! I seriously cracked up reading this. I absolutely adore Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Bloo is by far my favorite character followed by Franky. When those two piss Mr. Harrington off, it's always a good laugh. By the way, Goten says the sarcastic line that Bloo says. Lmao. Hand clap goes out to you, and you should totally do one with Vegeta and Goku even though Goku obviously doesn't know the meaning of sarcasm cuz he takes everything as a compliment. Goku can be pretty sarcastic when he wants to be. Lol. He's a total instigator in the Buu Saga. But enough of my rambling; this was hilarious. Favorite!
shikazuu chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
is it bad that the first thing i thought of when i read "In this fic, Trunks will attempt to teach Goten a skill he already knows", before even reading the next sentence where you actually mention it, was Foster's Home For Imaginary friends? lol yeah.

This was cute, and I've had several headcanons about a situation like this. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thought something like this could happen between Trunks and Goten.

Anyways, cute story! Good job!
Baby Shadow chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
A-dorable. I could hear them using thier cute little voices in my head... even though they may have been slightly older but I could help it. Great job.
Vaccant Account chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I like. The lines were "Yeah, right. I use sarcasm all the time,"

and "Sure, I did, Trunks." I think.