Reviews for Interventions and Lullabies
KamilahKaliope chapter 5 . 5/8/2014
Cool stpry ! Like it so much!
Kai chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
This story is amazing. I really love the relationship that Sam and Rachel have in this story. I also like how you are addressing Sam's process as he gets over Mercedes. Great story. Please continue!
Emerald Stag chapter 5 . 9/5/2013
I'm so interested in your story! I usually have a soft spot for Sam but he's not really a character that I see a lot in Faberry-related stories, and then throw upon that you're doing S3 and taking on punk Quinn and I'm just enjoying everything about the buildup.
Poor Sam's day at school, finding out what Mercedes had meant about having a boyfriend, and then the conversation with Quinn where she realized just what Rachel had done after their conversation and having returned to Glee which I found very interesting!
This latest chapter I liked the conversation between Rachel & Sam, nice bonding and I'm really excited to see things develop between them and Quinn. Hope you find time for the story, I love so much about it! :)
electrictwizist chapter 5 . 4/12/2013
Thank you so much. Because you're starting at a part of the show (one of many) that I feel like I was almost like letting myself hope or something, because I want all of this to be canon SO BAD and honestly whatever you write is just canon to me. The idea that you're writing a fic that's essentially them GROWING UP which is what the show is supposed to be about, you manage to do it perfectly. And I love the idea of Rachel and Sam interacting in any capacity because I ship them so hard and no one understands my feelings. Beautiful.
youngbloodbuzz chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
Whyyyyy on earth did it take me so long to read this chapterrrrr

Ugh Sam is just the most adorable dork, i just want Sam and happiness. And I want Rachel and happiness, and just

That reference to the Grinch, 'there's a light on this tree that won't light on one side,' was the worst but perfect.

And Kurt: nailed it. I can't name what it is about Kurt, but he irks me half the time and you essentially nailed some part of it lol

ps: i am unpatiently yet patiently waiting to see what is up with Quinn. I'll just be over here. Waiting.
Brabkeb chapter 5 . 3/26/2013
I love the way you've brought Sam into this fic, and are using him as a sort of narrative voice or whatever to bring up all these things that have happened at WMHS. Before he was there. And since he's been gone. It's great having another perspective, or seeing things through new eyes that we're maybe used to taking for granted.

I am thoroughly enjoying this story. The exploration of emotions and motivations is great. The scene between Kurt and Rachel on her couch where she's at her wit's end because she feels like they should all be happy that she's been pushed aside, since that's all she ever hears from them, it was very powerful. It felt true, and a little like Rachel,finally getting some validation as a boy who purports to be her friend takes the time to see things from her perspective.

I just really enjoy the tone in general. The way Sam appreciates Rachel. The care Rachel tries to take of everyone else, like asking Sam to look after Finn. I appreciate that Finn has actually suffered consequences, and that Samcedes isn't just being ignored like it basically was on the show.

Sam can be a really great character when used properly, because despite being in the thick of things briefly, he has less baggage than a lot of the other club members have with one another. So he's able to be a friend across social boundaries. He's a nerd and a jock. He's pretty, but knows what it's like to put something bigger (like his family) before himself.

I can't wait until we get some more Quinn. She's a character that has often gotten short shrift on the show also. On the one hand, that gives you a lot of play as an author. On the other: it was annoying in canon. She's got so many layers. And while she pens a lot of time in her own head, when she exerts her will, it's like everyone sits up and listens. She can be a wonderfully layered and powerful character, so I'm eager to see where you take her. I loved that she just showed up at Glee out of the blue. How delighted she was with what Rachel accomplished. Romantic or not, her relationship with Rachel is so intriguing.

Thanks for taking the time to write!
Jess chapter 5 . 3/24/2013
I am leaving a review because you said (or heavily implied with a very serious face) that you would be disappointed in me if I didn't.

Unfortunately, all I've got right now are a bunch of mindless happy noises, so kudos. No, but really, I'm always captivated by your writing, especially the little details you put into it. It makes me wonder how many little references I miss throughout the fic (which is a good thing! it's cool to know that i could reread it several times and potentially notice something new every time, or that i could reread it after watching a show and understand a reference that i didn't catch before) on the first runthrough.
Specifically, with this fic, I was ROLLING when I saw your mention of the Florence Y'all water tower. Definitely have a photo of it from my last trip to visit family in Illinois.

Also, I thought you should know that you succeeded in letting the audience know that Sam's not perfect in his understanding of race without it feeling icky. At least, in my opinion, it came across pretty clearly. It helped that Rachel was there to counter it, even if she may not have had the words to explain it.

This is the part where I usually give up and delete my review-in-progress, but LEAH WRITE PRETTY WORDS MAKE JESS SMILE IN FACE GOOD JOB YES. Now, as much as it pains me to encourage necessary productivity instead of more fic, go write your screenplay, and take good care of yourself! :)
summer1234 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I am not sure of what the end game is for the story your writing. Is it Faberry endgame, Samchel endgame, febrevens endgame, or Faberrevens (sam, rachel, and quinn) Any way just curious. Also I like all shippers so it doesn't bother me of which ends up with which, but I am a total Faberry fan. (to me, Nothing can beat faberry) LOL.

PS: all shippers I listed up there rocks ; )
KelseyO chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
There were some freaking cute one-liners in this ("Because Iron Man?" "Not during a Sterek scene, Sam!" and "I'm glad glee club hasn't been disbanded. This week" were my favorites). All of the conversations were simultaneously super presh but also really, like... they were all bursting with emotion, because they all just want to be happy but there's so much drama going on and it's super rough and Sammmmmmmmmmm I want to hold him until he stops being sad can I do that please
Guest chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
Why is this crap in the Faberry tag if it's not Faberry?
Gabbymadd22 chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
NOOO! I have to wait another long while for an update *grumbles* Anywho, this chapter is great! Can't wait for the next one...whenever that will be :D
RJRRAA chapter 5 . 3/22/2013

I want Sam to forget about Mercedes and get back with Quinn!
sosaysthelipless chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
I'm pre-reviewing because I am just too excited that this has been updated to wait to review it. But I have to finish watching film festival submissions, so I'm holding it back to be my reward after finishing a few more. Thank you for making my night in advance!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
I'm just gonna say I need more of this story in my life.
Gabbymadd22 chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
Whoa whoa WHOA! Gabby LOVES this story! Gabby demands an update! Gabby will love you VERY much if you update!