Reviews for The Brothers Holmes
timewaster123456789 chapter 1 . 4/3
damn very elegent if a little overwrought with the metaphors
bibliophilea chapter 1 . 1/25
Wow. This is... amazing. Tragic. Beautiful. Heart rending. The word inevitable comes to mind. After all, everything has it's time, and everything dies. But it is terribly cold without the sun.

Thank you for writing this, and posting it in a place where I could find it.
Floatfoot chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Nice job! The recurrent theme of fire is a bit overused, but the fic shows great understanding into the Holmes brothers and Moriarty.
funnybluebox chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Thank you for putting something like that into this world. I felt for the Holmes brothers intensely and intimately. The writing put me into the moment and you managed to capture elements that I had never dreamed of. Keep on writing and sharing your stories with the world. This is a story that is going to stay with me forever. What you did with this story is what I strive for and I have a looong way to go before I can put that much depth and feeling into any of my stories. Thank you again.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Oh my gosh. This is incredible. I love the back story you've created for the Holmes'. At first, I was going to point out the oddity of any of the siblings having a name as pedestrian as James after Sherlock and Mycroft, but then it dawned on me where this was going and I gasped aloud. This was brilliant. And tragic. And very well written. Bravo.
Platypus chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Really clever, really beautiful, and so, so sad. Well done.
goanago chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
oh... God
So sad, so beautiful... and very well written...
ouch! it hurt, it really hurt... thank you for posting this!
stars4redvines chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This was wonderful and I didn't expect it to affect me as much as it did. It's so sad to think of the three brothers falling apart and then... Moriarty and Sherlock die and it's suddenly much more painful and... The whole story was brilliant but I love the first and last lines:

His brothers are going to die young.

It is a logical conclusion. For the hotter and brighter a star burns, the more quickly it dies and his brothers shine with a brilliance to rival the sun.

He has failed them for the last time and it is terribly cold without the sun.

They just speak of how much Mycroft loved his brothers and it is hard to imagine how he felt losing them... This is an extraordinary story and I applaud you for writing it. :)
Elelith chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Interesting concept, having moriarty as Sherlock's brother. i'd love to see a longer fic with happy ending with Jim and Sherlock as siblings, have you read any?
LinzPhantom chapter 1 . 3/11/2012

Herr Fritz chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
The ending is fantastic here! Simply amazing. Great job at looking at something most people don't see- how the geniuses could all be family.
Top Hats and Other Items chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
For a strange and humble story, it's brilliant. Thank you for making this :D

...BTW...sequel with Mycroft finding Sherlock alive...? Please?
princessangelwings chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
wonderful x
Tati Skywalker chapter 1 . 2/6/2012

Just stopping by to say how much I loved this fic. I had never considered a story in which Moriarty and Sherlock were brothers, and I adored it!

LuxAeterna1020 chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
This was beautifully written and so sad. This is one of my favorite fandoms and I'm so happy you are writing in it, I love all your work. Are you still writing XFC fics? Because I really love those fics as well.