Reviews for And the Horse You Rode In On
kittykatTim chapter 4 . 10/16/2014
This was amazing! Thanks for sharing!
LJC chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I loved this story SO MUCH OMG. I've always loved the relationships between the horses and their riders-especially Zach and Brutus ("Westride" is crazy awesome for them) and I loved all the fantastic canon details you filled in. All the character voices were spot on, and I hope you write more in the fandom someday.
Delora2047 chapter 4 . 2/24/2012
The story picked up toward the middle. It was not so much an emotional roller-coaster, but the suspension came from wondering what would happen next. The humor was good too.

Side note: The tweakers need Doc to move outside the CDU, but he can provide that assistance even while asleep? Not bad.
mcatB chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
Very nice story - good mix of drama and humor. Thanks for this!
castover chapter 3 . 2/13/2012
Very much enjoyed this chapter- the fact that you were able to maintain the pace throughout the various scene changes was impressive. - but- multiple cliff hangers!- too too cruel!
mcatB chapter 2 . 2/11/2012
So glad to see your old computer being put to use - LOVED watching GR way back when. So good to see a new GR writer out there. I'm enjoying this story and looking forward to more of it.
Delora2047 chapter 2 . 2/9/2012

* another GR story

* solid plot

* no major issues with language

* characters are in character and quips sound right

* humor

* updates

Not so good:

I can't make any emotional investment in this story. The only scene where I felt connected to the story was the scene in the beginning when Goose is annoyed about the siniging. This scene works because it is from his pov and shows his thoughts and emotions. After that, the reader mostly sees things from the outside. Brief mentions of worry don't compensate for the fact that I want to feel how the rangers worry for their hurt comrades, react to Geezy's presumed death, an appearance of deadly Crown agents etc.

While the story has a plot, it is lacking a theme. What is it about: chracter growth, dealing with injury, unning for one's life,...

So far, all we have is the rangers on Tortuna reacting to unforseen events.

Nitpicks: You may want to curb overuse of synonyms for say/ask and character names and not use quite so many adverbs in dialog tags. It is more common in newspapers than in literature. Expressions like "the mutant ranger", the "black ranger" etc. threw me out of the story.

Why doesn't Goose ride with one of the other rangers when his horse is damaged and slowing them down?

The horses are major players in the plot. Niko and her powers are underused.

I haven't read any of your other stories so can't tell if these points have improved. I think it is mostly because your writing is technically good that they stick out.
LadyNiko chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I was completely shocked and totally squeeing with glee when I saw that not only was there new Galaxy Rangers fic, it was from *you,* whom I have totally become addicted to your whump H5-O fics! :)

Speaking as a long, long, long time Galaxy Rangers fan - you made my night! (There's a really good reason why I chose Massage by Niko for my business name, you see... *g*) It's hard finding *good* fic and finding good GR fic - totally needle in a haystack!

Thanks so much for this and I really look forward to reading more from you soon. (Do you have both volumes of the complete DVD edition? I always want to make sure fans are covered when it comes to GR. Robert Mandell *was* trying to get a graphic novel published of a new story line featuring G*N's *daughter* of all things... I hope he gets it done!)
castover chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Oh man oh man!- I'm so glad I decided to follow you as "author" and not just "story". I sooo enjoy your Danny centric stories - but- Galaxy Rangers?- haven't thought of them for years! Loved that show- it came around when all the other toons were getting heavily into merchandising and since GR didn't, it's surmised to be one reason it didn't have a longer run. (though- I betcha my GR lunchbox is somewhere in my parent's garage). Sorry- reminiscing instead of reviewing.- yeah! for old computers discovered at work- looking forward to more!