Reviews for Excerpts from a Life
OpheliacAngel chapter 13 . 3/25/2012
Wow, all I can say was that this was so heartbreaking but so beautiful and amazing.

I loved Katherine, what a great character and when interacting with Cas she was even more awesome.

I was so sad when Dean died but I'm glad Cas doesn't have to stay behind without him, I just know he'll see him again because they're so meant for each other.

Great job, sad to see it end.
OpheliacAngel chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
Aww, that last line almost killed me.

Despite the angst I am so much loving this, especially the fact you keep on bringing up that Dean ages and Cas doesn't, which is so heartbreaking in itself and now you have to go and add this chapter, which is beautiful by the way :)
OpheliacAngel chapter 7 . 3/2/2012
Oh no, here comes the angst!

I feel so bad for Cas, I just want to give him a huge hug right now.

Great chapter btw :D
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
The thing is... is castiel alive or has Dean lost it? He's in a jeep? Makes me wonder is Sam is dead. This really grabs me.
OpheliacAngel chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
Aww, this is getting so adorable. I love how both Sam and Dean have accepted Cas into the family, and I love to see the little changes in Cas as he adjusts to his new life.

Sam getting married and having kids is awesome, and with Cas and Dean as their uncles is perfect.

You're doing a great job so far :D
OpheliacAngel chapter 3 . 2/18/2012
Sorry this has taken me so long to get to. I've been dying to read it and was so thrilled that today I actually found the time.

I'm absolutely adoring this story so far. I love how Cas comes back and makes it his own personal mission to atone for past wrongs, and I'm so glad that Dean isn't mad and gives him the chance to stick around. This is exactly what should happen in the series!

Anyway, the end of this chapter was adorable. I love that Cas is officially Castiel Winchester now. Very much looking forward to more :D
jpgFury chapter 13 . 2/15/2012
A nice wrap up - siffle enducing, but nice )
Casismyfavorite chapter 13 . 2/11/2012
Such a beautiful ending! The archangel hugging Cas was a lovely image and the ending sentence, 'Rejoice, Castiel is saved!', made me teary-eyed. Thank you for sharing this amazing story and I am looking forward to the next ones :)
mixedup77 chapter 13 . 2/11/2012
Oh, I'm so happy. I was worried that Castiel was going to have to ask someone to kill him. That would have been bad since angels don't have souls. I'm glad he got to go back to Heaven and be with the boys again. I am a happy reader.
Paulathe Cat chapter 13 . 2/11/2012
Kripke's version was a little "Be a nice little coppertop in your happy little cell" a la Matrix, no?

I'm glad you had Cas be redeemed and welcomed back. I love that his first question was whether he'd see his "brothers" again. *grin*
mixedup77 chapter 11 . 2/9/2012
I think I'm going to cry big fat embarrassing tears right now. This is just so sad. Good. But sad. Is Cas ever going to age? I don't want him to be all alone when Sam dies too. Did they tell Katie what he was? Okay, I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry now.
mixedup77 chapter 5 . 2/9/2012
I totally can't picture Castiel giggling under any circumstances (drunk or not) but I loved this chapter. It was so sweet. Especially when Cas and Dean are stumbling around drunk. I actually pulled out my own bible to read the verse that you mentioned from 1 Corinthians too. Then I giggled.
TaraHalliwell chapter 10 . 2/8/2012
Wow, these last two chapters certainly packed a punch. I liked the interaction between Cas and Dean in the previous chapter, and I thought it was fitting for Cas to use the last of his grace to save Dean for a little while longer. I'm looking forward to your next chapter :)
Woman of Letters chapter 7 . 2/7/2012
This is beautiful, but so sad. You just gave us Sarah and the kids, and now, so soon after, they're gone. But I'm guessing Katie's maybe only a few months older than in the last chapter?

I could really see the conversation between Sam and Cas taking place (although undoubtedly it would only enhance the Winchesters' reputation of strange).

I really love many of your word choices here, especially in the beginning, when you set the scene. The comparison to ravens, the description of the whole mood of the crowd and how they were reacting - I really felt the grief, confusion, and shock that you were conveying.

Regarding cremation: if any of Sarah's relatives were Jewish, cremation would be a horrific outcome. I don't think she was Jewish in the show (Blake certainly doesn't sound like a Jewish name) but by Jewish law, cremation is prohibited. There are reasons given, starting, of course, with respect for the dead. I'm not sure I understand the reasons well enough to explain them without research, but the prohibition is very strong.
Paulathe Cat chapter 8 . 2/7/2012
Oh, yeah. Sam would have a kid JUST LIKE HIM! It's the parents' curse on their kids... and it's TOTALLY TRUE!