Reviews for The Clone Wars: Captain and Commander
tekkenlover17 chapter 27 . 9/8/2016
THIS WAS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER READ OMFG! SO GOOD!
Fennilene Wolfe chapter 27 . 6/11/2016
This is the most beautiful piece of work ive ever read.
i was snotting all over myself and laughing and feeling all the feels and its still like 90% platonic! You are a phenominal author and i can only hope that my own starwars pieces begin to compare. You portrayed rex and ahsoka in the exact manner i always see them and it was wonderful i honestly couldnt bring my self to put this down from the moment i began to read it.
Angelica the Otter-Owl chapter 3 . 2/14/2016
I just loved this chapter :)
BansheeHowler chapter 27 . 2/7/2016
These make me emotional - in the best of ways! I love the way you've gotten into Rex's mind, and I love how it can be taken as friendship or something more - or even both. Beautiful. Nearly made me cry haha!
Guest chapter 27 . 1/8/2016
Great story!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/8/2015
The Jar Jar chapters were probably the most painful things I've ever read.
RadioGlitch chapter 27 . 7/29/2015
I love this! They're all really in character, and I love the time you give not only to Rex and Ahsoka, but also other members of the 501st. Thanks for writing!
Orihime-San chapter 27 . 12/13/2014
so far ... THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!
CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER!
KEEP ON WRITING!
IAmCommonSense chapter 26 . 7/5/2014
Okay, THIS is my favorite. Just...wow.
IAmCommonSense chapter 9 . 7/5/2014
plex character interactions, and nothing too out of character or shallow. A fic like yours is a rare treasure indeed. :-)
IAmCommonSense chapter 9 . 7/5/2014
I just wanted to let you know that I REALLY like this chapter. It's my favorite so far, and they're all extremely well written-com
Madame Mermaid chapter 13 . 5/12/2014
Good Evening,

I have a question: Could it be that you changed some of these one-shots in some small way, adding or detracting some sentences and details - or is my memory failing me (which is entirely possible and quite likely)? For I seem to remember the first half of this one-shot differently (for example the fact that Obi-Wan handed out advice on a data-pad must have slipped my mind), as well as some of the other scenes in this collection, for example the last paragraph of the tag to the TCW movie. Maybe - probably - I'm just going mad. (In case you're wondering why I'm asking - I tend to reread favourite FFs whenever I'm working on my computer, so every few weeks or months I return to this collection, depending on my interests at the time. This happens to be one of the one-shots which always put a rather bittersweet smile on my face - on the one hand it's fun in its absurdity, but on the other hand there's a certain sadness to it, both due to the situation and the way you describe this not-quite-just-friendship.)

There is actually a point to this one-shot, namely the fact that I remembered you writing we should hand you suggestions for tags or scenes we'd be interested in reading. This is not a scene suggestion precisely, more of a question regarding the Kiros arc: Since there is a lot going on in that arc in terms of, well, let's say rather bad experiences, i.e. Obi-Wan and Rex being brought to the factory and Ahsoka spending what seems like a day or two (or less - I'm not really sure of the time frame of that episode, but all things considered, it's an educated guess) a small cage very high up on the palace wall, all three of them suffering from mental as well as physical torture, I'd be surprised if there aren't some issues to come to terms with in the aftermath. Especially considering Ahsoka's prior experience with capture by the Trandoshans and Rex' rather unpleasant memories from Umbara. What was most interesting to me, though, were two small aspects I noted in the Kiros arc: On the one hand, there's Anakin being confronted with some rather dark spots on his soul, which Ahsoka has to notice, since she's playing the part of the slave to his slaver, and on the other hand there's Ahsoka's new maturity in simply patiently sitting in that cage, meditating and waiting, which to me is a sign of her growth and ongoing change. I daresay she wouldn't have acted quite the same way a year, or even a few months, earlier.

These're just observations, since I cannot come up with a scene to condense these details into, but I thought you might be interested in them regardless. Maybe you'll have an idea of what to do with that - I'd be interested in reading it.

Other than that, I hope your life is going well, and wish you all the best for the upcoming weeks.
Until next time,

Madame Mermaid
Zoe Maddox chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
This was absolutely perfect. It describes boys just in general and is a perfect way to describe Rex and Ahsoka's relationship. I just would like to compliment you on this little piece of unseen Star Wars. Nice. Very well written.
SnowHawk0316 chapter 25 . 3/7/2014
I absolutely love these! I go back and reread them often. Are you ever going to continue something based on this? Say, create a new story that takes place after Order 66 or something? Because I think you'd do a great job with it and would look forward to seeing how you write about the relationship between Rex and Ahsoka.
Madame Mermaid chapter 27 . 1/26/2014
Hello, there,

this is not a comment per se, I'm afraid, rather a suggestion or an observation, whatever you want to call it. And since you'll apparently be going on a months-long hiatus soon, I thought I'd hand it to you before you do so (i.e. hoping this will still reach you before you disappear till sometime in June), just in case you're somehow somewhat similar to me and need something to distract your brain every once in a while. (Btw, no worries, you're not keeping me from paying attention in my classes - it's rather that my brain sometimes really needs a break, which is both good for me and for the other students in my classes, so you might say you're doing me and them a public service. ;-D)

Season 5 is finally being broadcasted in Germany, thanks be the Force, and watching the first two arcs of that season, both Onderon and especially Ilum, it struck me, among other things, how much Ahsoka has changed from the youngling she was at the beginning of the series, and how much she has grown and is still growing up, coming closer to being a real Jedi knight with every episode now, or so it feels. It's especially her mental growth, rather than physical changes or enhanced abilities, that became so very apparent to me during the Ilum arc, both in her fight with Griveous and her decision to flee rather than fight, and in her role as mentor and leader of those younglings, who are clearly looking up to her as a role model. In this arc, Ahsoka makes another large step in the process of becoming the teacher rather than the student, which is what is so interesting to me about these episodes. I'm in the middle of that process myself, and going through that shift in perspective, simple though it sounds at first, is much more difficult than it seems - lots of small observations and decisions to be made, a new role to find, and a responsibility for the learning process of the students to shoulder, which brings along with it insecurities, perfectionism, but also the feeling of doing something really cool. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself and your chosen subject once you start teaching it, be it to pupils or to tutoring students - and it's a great feeling when you see that you're doing something right.

Anyways, these experiences made me wonder how Ahsoka is dealing with that seemingly simple change in perspective, what questions and worries she might have about this. Plus, I wonder how this whole process looks from Rex' perspective, since he was her teacher at the beginning, and has seen her develop into the person she is now. And then there's the observation the lightsaber droid made about the younglings: "They seem to be getting younger each time." I wonder if that's just nostalgia, or - as seems more likely, since it was said by a droid - an accurate observation of the changes the war has wrought in the Jedi Order.

Then there's the whole problem of Hondo and his plan to sell Ahsoka to Force-knows-whom (Jabba?), of course, which I don't think anyone in the 501st would be happy about. And the encounter with Griveous. And the idle question of what Ahsoka found in the caves of Ilum the two times she was there (if she's got two lightsabers, she must have been there two times, mustn't she?). So, lots of things for me to wonder about.

And since I really like this series, I thought I'd tell you about it, just to give you a few ideas. The term "idea" is chosen deliberately in this case, for while I'd love to see some of those questions discussed, and you manage to write the interaction between Rex and Ahsoka much better than I ever could, I don't want to make this sound like a request or a wishlist, for that's not what it is - they're just things I wonder about, really. :-)

Last, but not least, I'd like to wish you all the best for your life in the next few months. I hope that whatever "personal obligations" you have to fulfill are not too serious in nature, and that we'll read something new from you sooner rather than later.

Take care and be safe,