Reviews for Woman of Yorkshire
Consitura chapter 10 . 7/11/2014
Thanks so much for sharing this story! I was pleasantly surprised to find Calendar Girls stories, and this one is really wonderful! Ruth has always been my favorite, and it's nice to imagine more of her story. You did a fantastic job with Wellington, too-he seems real to me, and a good match for Ruth. I love all the shorter stories as well and I hope you might write more someday!
DianeB chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Hooray for your Calendar Girls fanfic! It's so spectacular to finally see this category here now, I could also finally be inspired to write CG fic of my own.

Applause for giving Ruth more brains (or as you say, "less obliviousness") than she had in the movie. I must admit, since I'm a rabid fan of both Helen Mirren and Julie Walters, I didn't give Penelope Wilton's Ruth a lot of notice, other than she was part of the larger group, but this story is compelling and very *real.* I like that you gave Ruth an artistic passion and that she might take it up again. You've really made her character shine.

Don't get your Author's Note, but assume it must have to do with whatever's gone on at the Abbey, no?
Liesuh chapter 10 . 4/12/2012
OH NO! It's finished *sad face*

I really like the film Calender Girls and I watched it because of Penelope Wilton being in it, to find so many great fanfics about her character is just great! I love this story the best, Tim and Ruth are perfect for each other and I adore all the fluff! I hope you will write about this couple some more! (PLEASE DO! ;) )

P.s. The Bedroom Invasion is one of my fav's as well :D
the maids diaries chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
There is no "the end" in the end so I can hope for more! Gosh, I cannot tell you how much I love this fic, but by now you probably know that! So, anyway, it was very good to see that Ruth could find someone like Tim and build with him a new life and the way they deal with their routine!

It was a lovely fic, and I really hope you write a sequel for it! (after all that "end" don't look like a end - I can see unfinished business over there! :)
Lavender and Hay chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
This can't be the end; you can't possibly leave a story like THAT. Unless you intend to write an entire sequel on their married life (yes, please!). I have loved every second of this story, I thought the characterisation of this last chapter was absolutely perfect. I know she's not really real- although you've veritably brought her to life- but I'm so happy for Ruth! You simply must write more for these two in the future! Yes, I realise, I'm grovelling, and I don't care.
Gemenied chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
Oh, I loved it. What a wonderful story, with a lovely end.

Would it be greedy of me, if I asked for more stories? Or a sequel?

Fantastic job.

Thank you so much for sharing.
QuietlyFlailing chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
I have really enjoyed the slow progression of this story!

But I have to say that an ending like that means that you have to write a sequel! *pwetty pwease* ;)

Great job with this though!
emma dargue chapter 9 . 4/1/2012
This story is absolutely brill! Tim sounds like the ideal - kind, considerate, funny and gorgeous. Ruth is a very lucky girl!Marie is so blooming annoying. However love Celia,Annie and Jessie looking out for their friend and well done Chris for providing the mood music even though Ruth and Tim really didn't need any added heat or passion to their little encounter. Can't wait till the epilogue. Please write more soon!
the maids diaries chapter 8 . 3/29/2012
I just realised I forgot to send you a review in chapter 7! Sorry!

Eddie's ridiculous and deserves to die, I need to say something more?

The way Ruth is growing strong is so nice to see, all the transformations she's been through is amazing and I loved it!

About chapter 8! ANNIE! I love her. I was so sad she lost John. And It was adorable see her again, beeing the kindest friend ever, and worried with Ruth, gossiping a little bit! The more I read the more I wish you to write!

Oh, and I really NEED to confess I'm envy Ruth, this doctor... what a man! He wants to sell his house because of her! This is so freaking lovely!

Waiting desperately for more!
Batwings79 chapter 8 . 3/28/2012
I loved this chapter and I'm so glad that they were able to 'not continue' to feel uncomfortable around each other...LOL! I just knew he would end up giving up the house although I wondered at the very beginning as to why he would buy it in the first place. I'm guessing it was because he wasn't ready AND he didn't think that Ruth would be interested in him.

I also thought it very, VERY cute that Ruth thought about giving a little joyous whoop near the end of the chapter. I think she should have just gone ahead and done it BUT...baby steps, Ruth, baby steps...maybe she'll give the little whoop when Tim asks her to move into a new house with him...or maybe, just MAYBE, by the time he sells her old house...Ruth will have plucked up the courage to ask him to move in with her! *wink wink*

I'm really looking forward to the wine, the candlelight and the tripping over each other in the kitchen...which should of course involve some arms around each other...to keep from falling of course...and maybe a bit of kissing...but only because their lips just happened to touch as they both reached for the same spoon or kitchen knife? DANCING once the dinner was over would be a VERY 'Timothy' move and maybe even a grand snog on the sofa? Listen to me...at this rate I'll have the chapter written here in the reviews! ;-) Thanks again for a lovely story!
OSUSprinks chapter 8 . 3/27/2012
Oh I loved the way they worked things out. They needed to have this fight for her to see how it could be different with a man instead of a slug like Eddie. I am so glad you are giving us more! I absolutely love your OC and he really has become canon for me. lol
Liesuh chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
Oh please continue soon! I adore this story and I'm dying to know what's going to happen next!
Lavender and Hay chapter 7 . 3/16/2012
You had me quite worried about Ruth for a moment there, thank goodness she told Eddie where to go! And, I got my kiss! :) I was very very very pleased about that to say the least, as seen as you had me very worried AGAIN when he was cross with her. Thank goodness we had our customary Wellington explosion of passion, it was very enjoyable indeed! I continue to love this story more and more: MORE PLEASE, MORE PLEASE, MORE PLEASE! I can't wait for the next.
OSUSprinks chapter 7 . 3/15/2012
Oh I am so glad she finally gave Eddie a taste of what he deserved. I was hoping Tim would come back and punch him, but it is much better for Ruth that she stand up for herself and what she wants. I hated the way Eddie made her lose herself all over again for that night. I hated that it wasn't enough that he treat her like a toy to be brought out when ever he wanted, but at least she finally broke when he threw Ollie out.

I can't wait for Tim and her to really talk. She needs to know that he would never feel about her like Eddie did. You are so awesome!
Gemenied chapter 7 . 3/15/2012
YES! Go Ruth!

And go Tim! for getting so worked up that you snog her!

Thank God, she got rid of that Eddy-idiot! And I'm all for the girls ganging up to give that Jack-idiot what he's due for almost wrecking Ruth's new life!

Greate stuff!

Oh...and been meaning to ask...did you hint at a little set-up for our Annie in that previous chapter?