Reviews for The Perils of Insulting Mrs Watson
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2019
Thanks. I too love BAMF John, but admit I like him emotional too.
whirlingskirts chapter 1 . 10/20/2017
Sherlock was my introduction to fanfic so i'm thrilled to find you wrote this story after reading your two Star Trek Spuhura stories. I have enjoyed them all. I could hear Cumberbatch and Freeman's voices speaking this dialogue. Thanks for this!
englishtutor chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
So glad I found this. Very well done! I've never thought John would be one to sit about pining for years-he's better than that! Nice to see an awesome Mary, too! Thanks for writing this!
Gonzo76 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I am very, very late to the Sherlock bandwagon and now diving into stories here. So glad I found this one. Well done.
Macceh chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Brilliant! I loved reading this! Your characterisation is spot on and I loved the non-reaction from John.
princessofwarriors chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I liked it and I have always thought people underestimated Sherlock when it comes to Mary Morstan. I think even though he may have resented not having Watson to himself he would never begrudge Watson any happyness
LilMissAnglophile chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
I loved this! By far, my favorite reunion fic. In fact I will probably stop reading other reunion stories because this one was so perfect.

You really captured the characters. I could picture their faces and could hear their voices in the dialog, particularly Martin Freeman's John. And hooray for strong!John. I too am sick of weepy, suicidal John in so many post-TRF fics.

Finally, I am completely hoping that Moffat and Gatiss poach your idea for the Series 3 opener. I can't imagine anything better. Well done!
Deanadelyon chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Brilliant, amazing in its realism, fabulous work.
Cheers,
:DL
Lantia4ever chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
How wonderfully in character, I enjoyed it all the way through. John's reaction was priceless, so brilliant! Original, moving, just the way I'd like to imagine the eventual conclusion

So far my most favorite post-Reichenbach ff, great job :]
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Best Watson reaction I've read yet ;) The voices of the characters are just... perfect too.
ItrustIbelieve chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Lovely fic.

I enjoyed a lot seeing Sherlock so puzzled about John's reaction (or lack of), and I also loved the fact that in the end John decides to explain why he found it so normal that he had returned.

It was a very nice read :)
Druna Malgood chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This is definitely the best post-Reichenbach fanfic I have ever read, perhaps even one the best Sherlock fanfics. Everything is so perfectly in character, I don't think I'll be able to accept how Sherlock's return is in the real show if it's not something like this. I think this is how John would really react to Sherlock coming back and the part about his books made me tear up! The ending was truly amazing and the subtle humour was perfect. So good!
lunesque chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
...aw.

Well, this was excellent. (I'm stuffing this into my favorites just so I can read this again and again!) I love the slight animosity between John and Sherlock in the beginning-it makes more sense than John going all gaga over Sherlock the moment he sees him alive...
whatthehellwasithinkin chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Beautiful. John and Sherlock are both so tired, so similar in so many ways.

It would be expected to feel somewhat bitter, buy Mary eased that away from John.

As far as the relationship between these two goes, simple subtlety is welcome. The ease in which they fall into place again, and the way they can share thoughts and feelings without a word is there.

John hitting Sherlock like that was also refreshing. People forget sometimes that Dr. John Watson was a soldier. :)
donquichotte chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
yes! i totally agree with your portrayal of John (i've mostly been avoiding post-Reichenbach fics for fear of seeing John go curl up in a hole for three years...)

well-characterised, well-executed, well-written.