Reviews for The Human Cost
Meraki S chapter 1 . 6/27
This is so sad and sweet at the same time! I love that you first used the events of "Damage" to break Archer and Reed apart, then to bring them back together again. I always felt that episode encapsulated how the Expanse changed Archer. This is a great, and necessary, coda to the episode, because I'm not buying that he just got over what he did with no after-effects. Thank you for this gem!
TeresaM777 chapter 1 . 6/14
Bravo! A magnificent piece of writing. Loved the characterization. The details that make the scene come alive are great.
VesperRegina chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Oh, this one just about broke my heart. To see both these men taken to the very edge of brokenness and then to watch them both break was amazingly written and very, very hard to read.

The part that resonated with me the most was reading Malcolm chastise Archer so well, about those orders he was following. I think it makes the scene that Archer reacts with violence, while Malcolm uses his words to cut right to the issue.

I also really enjoyed Hoshi and Phlox's roles in this, how they are there to heal, both in their own way. Very well done!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
My goodness, that was intense! I really like Archer and Reed friendship, and you did a fantastic job with such a dark episode, thank you.
Deedaladee chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Thanks. That was a very interesting take on that episode, and I like your characterizations. Keep up the good work!
Zero Credibility chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I think you've absolutely nailed the characters involved. Trust Hoshi to notice. And trust Reed to feel ashamed of what he had to do, but put that aside to do his duty to his captain and friend. While I don't often feel sympathy for Archer, he was in an impossible situation this time and damned either way.
tahmtahm chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Yes, Malcolm would be beating himself up on the inside for following those orders to strand that ship for their warp core. He'd wait until no one could see him fall apart. You have written Malcolm very well. Yes, he would be hesitant to go find the Captain - but he'd do it anyhow. Thank you so much for writing this!