Reviews for RitaGood
misundersnape chapter 1 . 2/12
Excellent little one-shot - just what I was looking for (well... to be honest it was a little more than that). I searched through the list for Sev/Rita fics and sampled a few before becoming bored until I stumbled across this gem. Thanks for the awesome writing skill, delicious plot, outstanding vocabulary and indulgent humour... and we got sex, just to top it off!
Nice job - thanks for sharing it! :)
misundersnape...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Oh, splendid! No doubt there's a charm to equal the effect of Spanx, though by this account Rita doesn't actually need it (much).

Now this is the game the way it should be played.

(imagining Snape howling again, only with laughter when he hears about a Gryffindor student and a glass jar later on in the year...)

Lovely, lovely, lovely!
the real snape chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
/ but writing well - - oh, why be coy?/ So very Rita, to see ‘writing well’ as a coy expression.

/ Every piece she wrote was based on hard fact./ As is this one. A very hard fact.

/ It was all a matter of knowing how to breach the dam/ True. If fingers can be used to save the dike, they can also be used to get it quite undone.

/ "truth" was just another word for "my version."/ Painful, but true. Trust Rita to point it out.

/ though it was sometimes on the table; at le moment suprême, one had to be willing to use whatever surfaces were at hand/ Hilarious. Also, glad to see that our Rita read French. Has a way of choosing le mot juste on every occasion.

/ for it was better to yield on things that didn't matter so that you'd have more leverage on the things that did./ Vintage Rita. This story characterizes her so beautifully.

/ And if he was impressed by the robe/ Who wouldn’t be impressed by the robe.

/ If the old man wanted to plant information with her through Snape, that was fine with Rita/ I can see how it would e more fun than getting it straight from the source.

/ His hands were steady, his long fingers deft as he pushed each bit of jet through its buttonhole./ Pressing a button is even more fun with results like this, true.

/ She trusted that tonight's information was at least good enough for a column of non-actionable insinuations and pointed hints./ Any chance of writing it?
Batwings79 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Another great character study. I did NOT like the Rita Skeeter characters in either the books or the movies but you've given her such depth here that I can even accept her usually unforgivable qualities because there is a reason for them and a purpose behind them.

I really like how you've laid the ground work on how she came to be the person that she is and how she developed the skills that she so eloquently puts to use to get what she wants. I also like the way her devious mind works, tit-for-tat and cataloging all the details for when she works/blackmails/coerces/etc any particular informant/colleague/friend/etc, this type of characterization in the books or the movies could have made all the difference in how the story was accepted.

I also like this Snape. I liked that he was in it for what he could get out of it but I also liked that there was a bit of integrity and honor to his character - 'he understood the nature of a good quid pro quo, whether in bed or in business. He repaid orgasm for orgasm' - so maybe quid-pro-quo isn't a 'heroic' quality but understanding and fulfilling the obligation of such a deal does require a bit integrity and honor, especially when backstabbing, reneging and betrayal are the usual hallmarks of death eaters and dark lords.

I'm probably not as eloquent as some of your usual reviewers but I do appreciate the depth and detail that you put into each and every one of your characters. I also appreciate the plain old 'hot and steamy sex' that you're able to write. I aspire to write such a one-shot someday...but I have a feeling that day is WAY off in my future...LOL! Thank you again for sharing your talent with us!

Your very humble reader/admirer
aptasi chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I think this is much more of a character study than a pwp. Your Rita has grown to be quite the fascinating character. I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's as if her unsettling unlikable cringe-worthy qualities when expounded make her ... more likeable.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Another Rita. You are beginning to have an interesting collection, very consistent.

I can't say I found this 'fun', but perhaps that's me, analysing too much. Nothing you write leaves me indifferent, though. This time I had a feeling of unease. At first, I thought it was because of my dislike for Rita, but then I decided it has more to do with Snape. Like Rita, he is perfectly in character, no complaints there. And that's what disturbs me. His attitude to Rita is not only sexual attraction added to spying duty. I detect some genuine appreciation, respect and even complicity. Rita has a strong Slytherin side that meets Snape's very well. As Vera once remarked, each different pairing brings out a different aspect of the character. I shouldn't be surprised by Snape, then. He is, after all, an ex-Death Eater and a good friend of Lucius Malfoy. Perhaps it's the sudden realisation that here is a side of him I have avoided, because it's too murky. Trust Rita to expose it.

Well done, as usual.
spin84 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Well you certainly succeeded in making me think about your characters in this, so it was definitely not the PWP you were eager to avoid.

And what characters you painted! Rita was not so cartoon-ly odious as I found her in the books, much more well-rounded (naturally so as this piece was about her, but it was still nice to read). Poor Snape, although he seemed to make the most of the situation that Dumbledore placed him in.

Oh and there were the tidbits re: other Hogwartians and members of the magical community! Inspired inclusion of The Cackling Crone too. I do like a nice blurring of the lines between fiction and 'real life', where your reporting in The Crone always raises a smile. :-)

Congratulations all round I say. Your recipient was one lucky lady.

Spin Xx