Reviews for Fragmentation
flairina chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Ahh, I remember skimming this before. Very interesting start, and it gives me some measure of sympathy for Asakura, who otherwise is probably on the bottom of my character rankings list. I'm not even sure why, since I don't rend to pick favorites or non-favorites. I guess she just doesn't seem interesting enough to me for the fanbase to always have stories about bringing her back- but this seems to be an exception. If you ever decide to continue this, you've got a great start.
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
A very intriguing beginning. Ryoko's perspective is engaging, and you have an interesting way of framing her thought processes that makes her feel both alien and yet strangely relatable. I get a sense of humanity from her, even if it's a few degrees removed from a human framework. This is particularly evident with her curiosity and interest in Kyon and his relationship with Haruhi. Understanding their dynamic and how Kyon has such influence over Haruhi is unlikely to advance the Data Entity's knowledge of Haruhi's powers, but Ryoko finds it interesting on its own merits and her determination to pursue this even after her faction blatantly reminded her that Haruhi is their goal is telling.

Moreover, the title itself also raises several intriguing possibilities about what it refers to. Ryoko's fragmentation in the beginning? The collapse of her humanoid interface norms as she (presumably) pursues a "positive" relationship with Kyon? The breakdown of Haruhi if Ryoko is successful? The prospect of seeing what Ryoko can do with a second chance and a different strategy is quite tantalizing by itself, and I find myself very interested in the question of what type of connection she'll make with Kyon this second time around and what the consequences will be for the SOS Brigade and Haruhi.

Anyway, I don't know if you have plans to continue this story or not and hope you do since I'd very much like to read further installments, but the first chapter was pleasantly thought-provoking and you have my thanks for sharing.