Reviews for Home Again
And worth every year!
I am new to Lancer fanfiction but wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this story! Thanks very much!
tractorlady41 chapter 16 . 3/10
Really great story. I enjoyed it very much!
Just one word : excellent !
I've enjoyed every line !
molley chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Just discovered this story. It is wonderful, so well crafted with all those Garrett family members. When Scott tells Johnny how he too suffered discrimination because of Catherine marrying a poor immigrant it explains why he accepted a half brother and the western life style so easily and did not turn out to be a bigot and snob. If the TV show had writers of this standard it would have lasted for more than 2 seasons.
BayesWorld chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Great story. I couldn't stop reading until I finished all 16 chapters. Now I want more! I have stories ideas if you will write :)
D LaPointe chapter 16 . 2/12/2014
I have just recently become a Lancer fan, after discovering the show on Youtube, and was extremely disappointed to see that there were only two seasons ever made. Finding stories such as yours on line helped alleviate some of that disappointment as I have often thought of other adventures to involve the Lancers. I could clearly see this episode in the Lancer history come to life as your story progressed. Thank you
Madances chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
I really did enjoy this story. I was reading when I should have been doing homework. I was reading when I should have been sleeping. I read when I should have been doing research for homework. Good work! Tracy
maxie chapter 16 . 5/30/2013
What a wonderful story! I just discovered it today and couldn't stop reading it 'til I finished all 16 chapters. I loved it and you are a very talented writer. I don't know how I missed this story when you first posted it but am very glad that I found it this morning. I hope that you will write another Lancer story, even though this one is twenty years old, you should try again. Thank you so much for writing it then and posting it all these years later. You are quite talented and I will check out your other stories.
D'Artag-NOT chapter 12 . 2/14/2013
You've put lots of nice Easter eggs into this story. Scott's middle name ("Garrett", of course! possibly the name Catherine and Murdoch had originally planned to use, possibly old Harlan's putting his brand on his grandson). Harlan's buying a substitute for Scott in the war (he would!), and Scott's rebellious reaction (yup!). And in this chapter, Murdoch's "Stockton lawyer", Jarrod. That is indeed a cross-over waiting to happen.

I'm enjoying reading your story.
derrx004 chapter 16 . 2/10/2013
A real rip snorter! I read it before, and just enjoyed reading it through again. Thank you for writing a satisfying mystery.
Jelsemium chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
Loved Johnny dressing as "Mexican" as possible since he couldn't dress Bostonian.

Ha! I spotted an error! I spotted an error! You put in a colon when you should have had a quote mark! (:I guess we should have figured it out,") Heehee!

Ah, family geneaology, always so much fun. :-)

Oh, my goodness! Another error! I think you need a beta reader. Scott said that Winifred is no "price" instead of "prize."

Hm, the telegraph that Scott didn't receive. This could be trouble! (Like I don't already know.) Murdoch's on his way... Wow, Boston doesn't know what it's in for. :-D
Jelsemium chapter 6 . 1/30/2013
Naturally, you can't have a western without a barroom brawl! (Even if the western is set in Boston.)

Nice that Scott saved Helen from that jerk. I don't care how nasty she may be, she deserved better.

A Virginian with No Name, eh? I don't recall this from the first time I read it, but I'm wondering if this "lanky Virginian" bears any resemblance to James Drury. ;-)

Oh, aiming a gun at Scott's back is a fast shortcut to one's grave, Desmond. I'd better hurry to the next chapter because I don't remember how you solved this. At least I don't have to wait two months for the next installment!
Jelsemium chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Nice seeing the kind of people Scott associated with when he was young. Makes sense. (I remember one episode where somebody said that Scott was very "democratic" when it came to socializing.)

I vaguely remember the pilot when Scott was chased away from his lady-friend. I don't recall the exact situation, but I think pearls were involved.
Jelsemium chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
I didn't like Harlan when he was on. I like him better in this story. (Of course, in this story he's not trying to steal Scott away from Murdoch.)

Ha! There's the big bad gunfighter... drinking milk and eating cookies. :-D I vaguely remember that they did drink milk on the show (I wonder if they were sponsored by a milk company back then. Hm.)