Reviews for Home Again
D LaPointe chapter 16 . 2/12
I have just recently become a Lancer fan, after discovering the show on Youtube, and was extremely disappointed to see that there were only two seasons ever made. Finding stories such as yours on line helped alleviate some of that disappointment as I have often thought of other adventures to involve the Lancers. I could clearly see this episode in the Lancer history come to life as your story progressed. Thank you
Madances chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
I really did enjoy this story. I was reading when I should have been doing homework. I was reading when I should have been sleeping. I read when I should have been doing research for homework. Good work! Tracy
maxie chapter 16 . 5/30/2013
What a wonderful story! I just discovered it today and couldn't stop reading it 'til I finished all 16 chapters. I loved it and you are a very talented writer. I don't know how I missed this story when you first posted it but am very glad that I found it this morning. I hope that you will write another Lancer story, even though this one is twenty years old, you should try again. Thank you so much for writing it then and posting it all these years later. You are quite talented and I will check out your other stories.
D'Artag-NOT chapter 12 . 2/14/2013
You've put lots of nice Easter eggs into this story. Scott's middle name ("Garrett", of course! possibly the name Catherine and Murdoch had originally planned to use, possibly old Harlan's putting his brand on his grandson). Harlan's buying a substitute for Scott in the war (he would!), and Scott's rebellious reaction (yup!). And in this chapter, Murdoch's "Stockton lawyer", Jarrod. That is indeed a cross-over waiting to happen.

I'm enjoying reading your story.
derrx004 chapter 16 . 2/10/2013
A real rip snorter! I read it before, and just enjoyed reading it through again. Thank you for writing a satisfying mystery.
Jelsemium chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
Loved Johnny dressing as "Mexican" as possible since he couldn't dress Bostonian.

Ha! I spotted an error! I spotted an error! You put in a colon when you should have had a quote mark! (:I guess we should have figured it out,") Heehee!

Ah, family geneaology, always so much fun. :-)

Oh, my goodness! Another error! I think you need a beta reader. Scott said that Winifred is no "price" instead of "prize."

Hm, the telegraph that Scott didn't receive. This could be trouble! (Like I don't already know.) Murdoch's on his way... Wow, Boston doesn't know what it's in for. :-D
Jelsemium chapter 6 . 1/30/2013
Naturally, you can't have a western without a barroom brawl! (Even if the western is set in Boston.)

Nice that Scott saved Helen from that jerk. I don't care how nasty she may be, she deserved better.

A Virginian with No Name, eh? I don't recall this from the first time I read it, but I'm wondering if this "lanky Virginian" bears any resemblance to James Drury. ;-)

Oh, aiming a gun at Scott's back is a fast shortcut to one's grave, Desmond. I'd better hurry to the next chapter because I don't remember how you solved this. At least I don't have to wait two months for the next installment!
Jelsemium chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Nice seeing the kind of people Scott associated with when he was young. Makes sense. (I remember one episode where somebody said that Scott was very "democratic" when it came to socializing.)

I vaguely remember the pilot when Scott was chased away from his lady-friend. I don't recall the exact situation, but I think pearls were involved.
Jelsemium chapter 4 . 1/30/2013
I didn't like Harlan when he was on. I like him better in this story. (Of course, in this story he's not trying to steal Scott away from Murdoch.)

Ha! There's the big bad gunfighter... drinking milk and eating cookies. :-D I vaguely remember that they did drink milk on the show (I wonder if they were sponsored by a milk company back then. Hm.)
Jelsemium chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
Nice, I always did like Wes. Fun reading this story again!
Colleen chapter 16 . 1/16/2013
Great story, a wonderful who-done-it with enough blood to keep us happy. Well written, proper use of grammar and great play, Well worth the wait but don't take another 20 years to write another one.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 16 . 12/26/2012
Wow! I have been writing fanfiction for the Numb3rs fandom for five years now, but before that I wrote stories for my own pleasure. Lancer was one of my favorites. (I have a thing for brothers!) I had several folders with stories of Scott and Johnny that were both handwritten or typed on a small manuel typwriter. Unfortunately, my folders were mistakenly thrown away one day and I have nothing left of them.

I love that your story survived! And I really enjoyed reading it. The entire story was very well crafted, the characters as wonderful as I remember them, and the mystery satisfying and believable. One of my favorite scenes was Scott showing Johnny the Boston of his youth, especially giving him his first taste of Italian food. I seem to remember Johnny Lancer enjoyed good food.

I remember one of my first major ideas for a Lancer story was Scott taking Johnny to Boston with him, so reading your story was not just enjoyable, it was exciting and memorable and perfect! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/31/2012
Lancer was one of my all time favorite westerns, heck all time favorite shows. Thanks for letting me revisit a time long gone with a story that is very satisfying.

Now time to go visit Steve and Danno in your lastest, "What if I was wrong?".

Belfrey
Guest chapter 16 . 10/3/2012
Bravo! Great story and you've captured the characters so well I feel as though I was watching an episode. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post it for us.
NokuMarieDeux chapter 16 . 9/24/2012
"Lancer" was in my Top Five Favorite Westerns (during their original runs!). It's so incredibly wonderful to be able to watch them all over again via Youtube... PLUS bonuses in the form of great fanfiction like this! Thoroughly enjoyed this adventure and will be reading your other works.