Reviews for DABDA
Mafer Longbottom-Hudgens chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I love it wow i gonna read the next rigth now!
Orla chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Heart breakingly beautiful. I need more.
Maddtown chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I think you're quite possibly my favorite author in this fandom. Everything you write is real and poignant and meaningful and the words just come together like a complex piece of art. Seriously, you do some pretty things with words. I'm a huge fan (but, clearly, a lazy reviewer 'cause I've been privately gushing for months over your work and only just now telling you).

Your understanding of Tate and Violet and their twisted romance also blows me away. You really get what kinks and quirks in their dynamic makes them special and how to write their almost unhealthy attraction for each other without making it sound cheesy or cheap.

I hope you stay with this fandom for a long time to come!

Also, I wanted to thank you for doing fic recs. Not only is it nice of you to praise other authors, but it really helps direct newer shippers/readers to works that are a bit more polished and rich.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories with us and I can't wait to find out what else you have in store for Violate.
PaperbackWriter11 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This is an awesome one-shot. Love your stuff. The darkness really captures the show's intensity. The fourth to last scene is one of the best pieces of writing I've read so far-brilliant!
ScarlettWoman710 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Do I love a happy ending? Of course, I'm a sucker for them (obviously, look at my stories) but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate some really well written and beautiful angst when I read it - and that's exactly what it is. Just exquisitely painful, like watching a really sad movie when you need a good cry. This will be my new go-to piece when I need to have a cry. It's so very Violet and Tate, so dark and sad and heartbreaking and unresolved. Beautiful story, as always. And thank you for the kind words but I'm jealous of YOUR head and the way you can write sad things for these two that are still so lovely to read.
paceyourself chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
your A/N heheh preach that.:)

this might be my favourite, it's just so broken it makes sense, Tate in that rubber suit again so disturbing eek but so fitting. This is probably one of the most realistic endings these kids could have just the emotions if not the physical abuse too.

Way more than angst there whatever it is you've created I can't decribe it maybe alternative-angst

"He dreads answering her, going to her is walking the steps to his own beheading but it's better than time spent rotting away in the tower. Even if eventually the last step hurts worse than the actual axe swing."

this was awesome :) awesome like a toasted marshmallow shade of tan awesome. and sad so sad. :(
A Dirty Little Secret chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
You'll have to forgive my lack of intelligible response. That was awesome.

That last line? Absolutely killer. Gah. I love it. Ryan Murphy didn't even know what he had when he created Tate Langdon. There is such complexity in him, and you captured it so brilliantly in that line. He has no right to hate her but he still does and there's this simultaneous bitterness and longing and, gah, it's just so phenomenal.

Damn. I love a happy ending, but their brokenness, when it's done right like you did it, is just too perfect.
jandjsalmon chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
You're right, dear. It was twisted... but I really liked this one. Like a WHOLE LOT! The ending was very satisfactory and in fact, I was very pro-Tate here so I appreciated that 'someday' he'll kill her and bring her back but that someday is not today - not until he's not hurt and angry any more. I liked it a lot!
ohyellowbird chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
ugh. my heart hurts, you bitch. honestly though, this piece was fucking phenomenal. the overall feel of it and the bitter ending and seeing violate so utterly broken was just beautiful. i'm partial to unhappy endings myself, so this fic gets a special place in my masochistic shipper heart. this fandom really should erect a monument for your achievements. xx
emergencycaptivation chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
What I LOVE about this, is that little part, where Violet says she doesn't like being this way, and Tate agrees. It's like three lines, but I'll probably die if I keep thinking about it, in the best way.
Mel like Mellow chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I'm sorry, was I supposed to hate you after reading this?

Because it really just made me love you more.

This right here? This is ... wow. You boldly go where other people are afraid to even fantasize about, because they might be afraid someone else is watching their brain activity or something equally paranoid as that, because I get like that sometimes. But this was really, really good. It made me hurt and frown, but in a truly great way that only truly great writing can draw from a reader.

I loved this line: "Nightmares aren't real and monsters disappear in the daytime but at night they catch you and drag you under the bed."

Loved it. The ending was surprising, but nevertheless enjoyable and I like that you are willing to touch on how bitter Tate can be. You know what I love about this fandom is that you can go anywhere and do anything as dark and inky as you want to and it's just really awesome regardless.