Reviews for Since Brevity is the Soul of Wit
Gabby chapter 9 . 8/4/2014
But that's wrong Sherlock would hunt down John's killer and kill him, that would be the last case Sherlock ever solved but he would solve it. As soon as John's murderer had been delt with I have no doubt that Sherlock woul kill himself but until the murderer had been killed I don't think Sherlock would stop hunting him.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/15/2014
Love it! I wish they were longer, or we got some more story for each premise. But wonderful.
ash the airbender chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
I actually really liked the slight angstiness here. Is that odd? Probably. And Mycroft's cameo really added to the chapter.

As for the debate, I actually have never thought of that. Sleeping is boring, but I've never much thought about breathing. Hm.

Onward, then...

ash the airbender chapter 6 . 11/3/2012
Aww. Cute. I love kittens; I wish I wasn't allergic. And Hamish is an adorable name for a kitten. Nice touch, too. Definitely sounds like the sort of thing Sherlock would do, name a kitten Hamish after John.

ash the airbender chapter 5 . 11/3/2012
OH MY GOSH. That just killed me. I'm dead. Oh my gosh. LOVE. That was WONDERFUL. Not quite sure I have anything constructive to say so sorry about that but I'm my gosh that was great.

ash the airbender chapter 4 . 11/2/2012
These are just getting better and better! Excuse me while I get all "literary nerd" on you, but really, there are some things that need saying about this wonderful chapter.

First, the nightmares. I know everyone uses the idea of John having nightmares, but it does make sense and so I never find it cliché or annoyingly overdone. And you focused more on his coping mechanisms than the nightmares themselves, which is a unique approach that had a cool effect.

John definitely has a detailed process of curing nightmares! I suppose that goes to show how often he gets them. I haven't had a true nightmare in years; my dreams are just odd. But what I used to do is this technique my mom taught me, to close my eyes and picture my mind as a chalkboard, and imagine myself drawing the nightmare on it and then erasing it and replacing it with happy things. It always worked for me, all the artistic imagery, since I love to draw.

Going off on a tangent, though, sorry about that. On a much more related note, I loved John and Sherlock's morning interaction after his second nightmare. The newspaper was a nice touch. In fact, I think it was really the details that made this chapter so great and believable. You have a talent for giving the right amount of attention to detail. The parallel lines of the toothbrush and toothpaste, for instance. Subtle things that "customize" different characters' actions and mannerisms, I suppose. I don't know. I might be pulling all this out of nowhere and not making any sense at all. But hopefully you get the important point, which is that you are a gifted writer and I am thoroughly enjoying this story!

You can definitely count on more reviews from me!

ash the airbender chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I love the idea of Sherlock running on adrenaline and neglecting sleep until his body just passes out. That's actually how it works for me as well. I loathe sleep; it's so boring. Seems like a waste of time, if you think about it. At least to me.

Love the last bit. Honestly, Mrs. Hudson ships Johnlock harder than us all. No one can deny it. And Sherlock telling John to stay. Very sweet. Fantastic writing. Great start to the story, as well. I'll definitely keep reading.

ash the airbender chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
Oh, this was perfect. Utterly. It really captured their essence. And honestly, Sherlock is a total (pardon the language) cockblock. For reasons he definitely doesn't understand. And really, dear Sherlock is just so adorable when he doesn't understand feelings and social norms and expectations. Loved the very end, especially: "just don't leave the flat... ever." I laughed at that; it's just so Sherlock.

Brilliant job. I just remembered I never reviewed chapter 1, so I'll go back and do that now before pressing on!

ash the airbender chapter 2 . 11/2/2012
I don't know what anyone else is talking about; I think you captured Molly perfectly. And I love it when I get to read from the POV of unexpected cameos. It's boring to only ever see things from Sherlock or John's perspective. So anyways, yes, love your Molly, you describe her and her tragic taste in men perfectly and it makes complete sense. Lovely chapter.

A-Thieving-magpie chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
These are just brilliant, you have such a lovely style of writing. The chapter 9 story killed me a little bit :'( . I also liked how in the chapter 10 story you explored his past and made me really empathise with him, because I don't think people realise enough just how hard being Sherlock would actually be. I really enjoyed these, please keep writing!
Call me Mad chapter 10 . 7/13/2012
That... was really sad. I love and hate reading about Sherlock growing up because it's so /tragic/ and /unfair/. But at least he has friends now.
Ragnhild chapter 10 . 6/15/2012
Hi. I just wanted to tell you that I really liked your stories. I think you kept them well in character. I especially liked date night. I hope you write more of these one-shots
patemalah21 chapter 2 . 6/14/2012
I always enjoy Sherlock and Molly's interactions. Great job.
RosemarieCraig chapter 10 . 6/14/2012
That was good, I enjoyed it.

One or two tips for if you write more stories set in england: elementary school is called primary school, we don't have coeds at university and poofter is more unusual than poof. Just some tips, but this didn't detract from the great story. Well done xx :)
wordswhatareinmybrain chapter 9 . 5/21/2012
That was so sad!

I generally don't read 221b drabbles, but that was just incredible. It was beautifully written, and I don't think so few words have ever got me so close to crying.

Brilliant.