Reviews for Summer of the Dragon
literally-lame chapter 1 . 3/14
It's a really good plot! Nice writing too :)
ducky0613 chapter 42 . 2/26
Great story. Thanks!
A.E. Seaflame chapter 7 . 1/31
Awww.. all I can say is that the ending is super cute. I love all the adventure, and a colony of phoenixes is so cool.
A.E. Seaflame chapter 4 . 1/31
This sudden friendship is really cute, so much fluff in this chapter! I don't like Draco and Sophie, she's like Phlegm the Second. And I think it is possible to say nice things in a Howler, a Howler isn't necessarily angry, it simply amplifies what you want to say so that the person gets the message LOUD and CLEAR. I think it's only ever been used when a person is angry, so that's why it's callled a Howler. This is just another reason to love Ollivander.
A.E. Seaflame chapter 1 . 1/31
I love your work! This story is already a great start, I like how you opened up with description, not names. Ollivander has an interesting personality and I love how he puts Hermione and Draco in their place. He's very firm and does not play favorites.
SohoDoll chapter 20 . 1/25
I'm having so much fun with this story I wanted to leave a review halfway.
I love the way you write, you're creative and at the same time you managed to give the story a familiar atmosphere. The way you work canon characters into it so naturally is, in one word, brilliant.
Having lived a very similar dilemma as Hermione, I have to praise you for the way you depict her confusion and Ron's role in all of it (it's not his fault that she doesn't love him enough, after all).
Up until some point, to be honest, I liked Sophie better and thought she was a perfect match for Draco. But I'm a die-hard Dramione shipper, so I'm gonna stick on Hermione's side, even though I think she's so wrong for the way she's treating Ron (she is shoving this whole break idea down his throat and, as much as I relate, it is so very wrong) and Draco might be too cool for her :D
Anyway, amazing fic!
GTH chapter 41 . 1/18
I just read this almost straight through and loved it!
Refictionista chapter 29 . 12/25/2014
If Ron loved Hermione unconditionally as she claimed, then he wouldn't have left her crying. Ron didn't love her unconditionally. I wish Draco had realized that.
RunningWithTheRiptide chapter 42 . 12/12/2014
I loved this story so much! It was great how you built them up to fall in love instead of instantaneous love and the problems they faced along the way. I really enjoyed this story and appreciate the effort and hours of commitment you put in this story!
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 42 . 12/4/2014
Hmm. Darkness. Sacrifice. Not sure I can do it. *frown* I will have to think about whether or not to take that on.
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 41 . 12/4/2014
Yay! Nice ending! I am soooooooo happy that Astoria didn't turn out to be a biotch! What a great way to get Draco and Hermione back together. *grin* And Ron and Astoria. Hehe. Since I read The Deadline first, I wasn't really expecting the match in this one, but...I like it! I liked it in the other fic, but apparently, in that one, she didn't like gingers. Lol. Love your side stories. Wish I could read about them all! *grin*

Just a couple things to point out...

1. You seem to mix up possessive and plural when it comes to people's names. I kept seeing Malfoy's (and other names) when it s/b Malfoys. I'm going to make up a sentence. The Malfoys are purebloods (and you would have put Malfoy's). I didn't notice this mistake as much in your more recent fic (The Deadline), so maybe you've already figured this one out.

2. Also, you've got a lay/lie issue. The past tense of "lie" is NOT lied (unless we're talking fib). The past tense of "to lie" is actually "lay." I will make you a chart...with stupid example sentences (yes, I know they're lame)...

Lay - to place or put
lay - present tense - Lay the keys on the counter.
laid - past tense - I laid the keys on the counter.
laid - past /participle/? (I think) - The keys have been laid on the counter ever day since forever.

Lie - to rest or recline
lie - present tense - I need to lie down...or...I am lying down.
lay - past tense - Hermione lay in Draco's arms all night. (((NOT lied)))
lain - past participle - I have lain on the couch for hours.

There were other nitpicks, but...this is all I can remember. VERY much enjoyed this. You are an amazing story-teller! Please write on!
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 40 . 12/4/2014
Chuck her OUT, Draco!
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 39 . 12/4/2014
I beginning to think I should have stopped with the last chapter. If D and H don't end up together, I'm going to be CRUSHED. *pout*
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 38 . 12/4/2014
Haha. I want to near (NEED to hear) about Sophie and Fleur's troublesome "yin and yang" days. Hehe. Must say, I adore the characters you create...as well as the names. I swear to Merlin that I dreamt about Deacon and woke up this morning wanting to write about him. Is there such a thing as fan fiction about fan fiction?! Fuck! Great characters! Lol.

Pip and Sap! *snickers*

*sob* So sad about Draco's decision, though I saw it coming. All I can hope for is that, in the next four chapters, you FIX this nonsense and get them back together. *sigh*
Spirit of the Night Owl chapter 9 . 12/2/2014