Reviews for How the World is Now
asms2 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Wow, this was fantastic! I love your descriptions. The way you portrayed the storm, wind, the warmth of the house, etc...I could just picture it. And I really like how you used the bike riding flashback in the beginning and end. Nice way to come full circle. And it was super cute: "We'll take care of you" Aww! The friendship between the boys especially James and Kendall was adorable. I love how Kendall knew James well enough to know what he needed even when James didn't know himself. You really captured their friendship beautifully. All around awesome one shot! I loved it!
fawkkes chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Oh, Rose. I'm so sorry for not reading this sooner! Wow, I thought this was amazingly cute, amazingly adorable, amazingly well thought out. Just, wow.

So instead of picking out various different things that I loved about this, I'm just going to say everything. Because, really, it was everything. :} But I'm going to do it anyway, just to let you know. :)

'Once, when James was eight, he fell off his bike.' I loved how you repeated that at the beginning and at the end! That was very well thought out. (:

I loved how Kendall knew exactly where to find James, I loved how Kendall 'could persuade without words and console without touch'. I loved how Kendall was the big brother, the leader, the one that knew just how they all were feeling, and how he knew what was the best thing to do for each of them! :}

I loved how Kendall knew just what James needed. :3

I loved their personalities, how young they acted, how real it felt. I loved how they all had completely different things to say, completely different ways to react. :} I loved how Carlos was so oblivious, since it was Carlos. I loved how Logan rolled his eyes. I loved how James 'pretended not to notice'.

I loved how they all played outside, drenched in mud and rain - 'cause I love that too! :P I loved how James eventually began to laugh, how they made him feel better without even really trying. That was so sweet.

I loved how you wrote Mrs Knight. I loved the 'red carpet', the cookies, the motherly first aid kit, the way she left them to their own business, the way she just... I loved it.

I loved how tired they got after the mud wrestling/fight. I loved how Kendall decided to make the tent. I loved how it was all his idea and they all trusted him.

I loved the pirate ship, I loved the twinkly lights, I loved the whole Logan being annoying with pointless facts, I loved how Kendall just left James to it. I loved the feathers.

I just loved this.
PizzaTop21 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
That was one of the sweetest things...

That was... amazing.

I can't even express how I feel.

Wow.

That was something else.

Words cannot express this.

You should be proud.
happygirl57 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Aww I loved this! I loved how they were trying to cheer James up even though he was so sad and depressed...

Oh Carlos...

I love how Kendall just knew he would be at the park.

Aww those sweet boys. They would do that. But it was so adorable and I loved it. Dirty boys... Aww.

But I loved the whole thing with the tent. It was original and very sweet.
Discontinued Indefinitely chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Beautiful. Masterful. A work of brilliance.

Absolutely perfect.

I'm kinda crying right now. You...there just aren't words good enough to describe you, your writing, and this story.

God bless you.

Thank You.

BTL14 :')
Rockport268 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Oh mu god. That was just so...ugh I don't have words to describe it. Anything I say will sound bland and mundane after that.

"Well… maybe not Carlos. But Carlos was Carlos. That was to be expected."

Ok, have I ever told you how much I love how you write Carlos? I don't think I've mentioned it in a long time... I especially love how you write him in the pre-series stuff, when he's especially little. YOU MAKE HIM SO ADORABLE!

"And because Logan was a sucker to peer pressure, he needed no more convincing."

YES! THAT'S IT! That is Logan to a T. I just never knew what words to put it in before...

Jeez I hope nobody tries to get him to do drugs.

Actually, I don't think he'd do it unless it was the guys trying to get him to do it.

"...but today, it seemed, there were no rules.

James figured that was okay sometimes."

YES! YES IT IS! I wish more people would realize that...everybody needs a day to just be a kid and not be judged, not have due dates, nothing. We just need to be able to play in the mud or make a blanket fort every once in a while.

WHY CAN'T SOCIETY LET US DO THIS?

But seriously. You are an amazing writer. I swear, if you sent this to a publisher right now, as is, there is a HUGE chance that it would get published. If it wasn't fan fiction. Or if publishing companies were more in the habit of publishing BTR fan fiction.

But still. This one one-shot was better than a lot of the books I've read. Sure, it kind of helps to already know the characters and the background, but still.

You are going to become a best-selling author one day. And when you do, make sure you tell me which book is yours so I can read it and then force my friends, family, and acquaintances to read it, too ;)
Anonymous Skrtle chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
That was so beautiful...

But first, OMG! Stupid divorcees! I wanna kill them and then show them what they're doing to their kids! AAAAH! And ugh, I just wanted to punch Carlos for being so oblivious to James's depression... but not for real, cuz he's so cute. ;)

And I LOVED how you mentioned "Once, when James was eight, he fell off his bike" at the beginning and the end, that was awesome! Really!

James, realize how awesome your friends are... they'll do anything for you. :) I wish I had friends like that! ;)

Great story! I LOVED IT SO MUCH!