Reviews for Difficult
spikeslovely chapter 30 . 10/15
I LOVE your style of writing. So intense all the time. Excellent story.
this is soo soo beautiful! i love every single chapter in this story! thank u for sharing this! ure awesome! xx
longsaigondeptrai chapter 30 . 8/17
really cool story but they found too much time to have conservation
CrimsonPrincess14 chapter 30 . 7/28
Read it again -
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 15 . 7/26
(“You're in love with me?" I whispered. He snorted angrily."I don't—I don't fucking know, Granger.)

Dude! Where’s the romance? They are literally having sex and it’s…what? A game to them? He doesn’t know if he loves her and she doesn’t care that he doesn’t? Is this all just a scratch they had to itch? Why would they have sex if they aren’t in love with each other? And before you say “AttrAction!”; Hermione was in love with and attracted to Ron and wanted to be with him and she was able to keep her virtue. Why would she abandon it and give it to Draco when he’s such a douchebag? If I was in love with a boy like Draco who I had begun to see in a new light and wanted to give them a part of me (that I hadn’t given any other boy mind you) and he said “This doesn’t mean anything.” I would have died inside, and I wouldn’t EVER talk to him again. I WOULDN’T have swooned like an idiot and been like Hermione who basically acted like, “Yes! Abuse me mentally and emotionally but I’ll still love you! And I don’t need anything back from you! Keep being a prat! It’s so attractive!” Just the thought makes me want to throw up in my mouth and go burn something down.

You should have made this more authentic and beautiful and true. It’s the delay of gratification that makes a romance so delicious! DELAY OF GRATIFICATION! Not sleeping around with bad boys who have bipolar disorders like your Malfoy obviously has. Like a classic Pride and Prejudice love story. A high-bred, proud, and wealthy heir falls in love (reluctantly) with an intelligent, witty, know-it-all. Except the intelligent lady doesn’t like him because he insulted her (mudblood). Eventually they realize that their pride and prejudice against each other was misplaced and they become better people because of their love for each other.

That’s a much better story.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 2 . 7/26
Awww! I’m sad that the Golden Trio aren’t together. They aren’t going to last very long without her. She was prideful…..but she kinda had a right to be All the times she saved their a**? Seriously.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 1 . 7/26
Wow! I love the beginning to this story! Can’t wait to read the next chapter!
ValkSkadi chapter 30 . 7/23
Oh! And just to add: I think my favorite throughline in this story was the cookies. Such a little thing but it genuinely made the whole thing that little bit more sweet and engaging for me.
ValkSkadi chapter 30 . 7/23
Lol so reflecting on this one is a little bit odd for me.

I think I would have eaten it up and thought it oh so dramatic and romantic as a teenager, full of grand gestures despite being enemies, and that being oh so hot.

Now I just kind of think most of the characters are horrible people, that they were quite horrible to each other, that she was snappy and needlessly unkind, that his behaviour both towards his ex and towards his supposed love interest was unacceptable, that posessiveness like that is unhealthy, that sometimes they were borderline trapping each other into situations that made me fairly uncomfortable and had red flags for being abusive, and that this shouldn't be anyone's, especially not a young person's, standard for a great romance, nor the should the characters be a standard for desirable. They're really not; being in that relationship would be awful.

That being said, you're a good writer, I read the whole thing, was quite engaged, and I quite enjoyed it. Despite hoping to never have the misfortune to have to interact with people like these characters in real life lol.

And for full clarity, my aim is not at all to put this story down with what I've said. The writing is great, and as I expect to be making my way through your works in the next few days, and have already sampled one newer one that still had iffy characters but who I already enjoyed much more, I really look forward to reading some of your newer works, and giving the older ones a try too. Thank you for sharing your work!
Miriku chapter 11 . 6/25
I’m baffled that Hermione blamed Malfoy for Ron showing up with Lavender when Lavender both read the note and accused her of wanting to get back with Ron. Has she lost brain cells? Like obviously she was going to show up, lol.
Aislin Lee chapter 14 . 4/28
okay first all love this story so far. secondly it is not Ron's business if Hermione does. so yeah he is a whinny big baby.
Taena Blackfyre chapter 30 . 4/7
Finally! somebody said something about how disgusting morning breath is!
i-read-there4-i-am chapter 23 . 4/7
Um what just happened
i-read-there4-i-am chapter 2 . 4/6
Swish-flick-up is my new life motto.
AnitaSlytherin chapter 1 . 3/15
I've stopped at chapter 13 and I just can't continue. If looking at the technical stuff, your writing is really good. Nothing is really amiss, or grammatically incorrect. But the plot is just not my cup of tea. Everything is moving unrealistically too fast. I don't believe there were enough interactions between them to warrant Hermione saying she knows him, he makes her laugh. she makes him laugh etc. Those interactions weren't described enough or at all, so saying it happened without giving them scenes where they get closer just doesn't do it for me. Now that's not to say only slow-burn fics are good. Some of those types of fics are frustrating and dragged out a bit, however yours seems to ve the opposite. Hermione's characterisation seems to toe the line with utter daftness rather than logic and intelligence, which makes her extremely difficult to like(So I wholeheartedly agree with Ron). She doesn't question what people tell her, jumps to conclusions in a very Harry Potter kind of way(she's usually the one telling Harry NOT to do that). The dashes between words in dialogue can work if they aren't overused and used for every single character. Every character speaks in their own way. Words that Hermione would use, are definitely not words that Ron would use, for example. A lot of the plot isn't flushed out and explained; everything just happens in a instant and kind of like a blur, which leaves much to be desired and it can confuse people. OOC is fine with me, in all honesty, but the way Hermione acted, avoiding Harry and Ron(especially when there's a war coming, and Harry will need her help), just seems to go against everything Hermione stands for. Now Draco; He isn't that OOC, however I doubt he would so openly talk about how he feels that fast. A lot of his dialogue seems like something he might say if he were talking to himself. rather than to Hermione, especially after such a short amount of time. Both of them seem uncharacteristically illogical, annoying, reckless, and so so bloody dramatic. To a comical degree. If the pacing of the story wasn't so off, all those ooc things would probably be something I would over look, but the ooc thing topped with a rushed(but still well written) plot is just something I can't quite digest at my age. I don't mean to come off rude, just trying to give my opinion on what I think would've maybe worked better to make the story flow and the characters seem palpable. xx
1,580 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »