Reviews for Behind the Wall of Sleep
Little Creek chapter 1 . 4/14
I loved this so much! Hurt Sammy and angst nicely balanced with brotherly banter. Faved!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Ohmyword. This is so intense. They're both so messed up at this point. But they're trying. They really are. Trying to make it right and be there for the other and just trying to make it through to the next day.

Seeing how hell started seeping through both of their cracks here was so rough. Lucifer's talking to Sam and so he retreats into his memories behind the wall and goes into seizures and shocks and horrible things. And I absolutely LOVED the line where Sam realizes that Dean was pushing back hell without a wall, just whiskey. And the not having enough alcohol for the both of them... and just... gah. yes.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Wow, this was so sad. I don't think they've explored Dean's vs. Sam's hell much; this really brought that home. It just hurts to see so starkly how damaged they both are at this point...
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Poor soulful Sam has to suffer for soulless Sam's ways. Good story.
nightwalker4769 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
That was fantastic Thanks so much for you story
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Poor Dean! I hope he can be happier next season and I hope they can be brothers again...I loved this fic! Great job!
LadyBeryl chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Super story. You are such a great writer.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Hi there, friend. Haven't seen anything from you here in such a long time-what a great fic to come back with! So true to both characters, their love for one another absolutely palpable even in the worst of circumstances. The you-know-what at the hospital was a brilliant way to up the angst-level, especially in that what happened afterward was a horrific reminder of you-know-where. And the bottle? Exquisitely painful canon. Clever you!
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
"Hope nestled in a comfortable curl around Sam's heart. He couldn't give Dean everything Dean had given him. But maybe he could give him something.

Dean came down the porch step, crossed the gravel, and climbed up on the hood of the car, leaning back against the windshield to look at the stars through the treetops. Sam grinned and joined him.

Dean had brought the bottle with him. He tilted his head back, his throat worked, and then he pulled the bottle away from his lips and passed it to Sam."

Oh. My. God.

I...

I'm sorry. words can't do this justice. it's so... I... guh.

just... yeah. *cries*
zekeschance chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Wonderful. I loved it!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Very good story.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Y'know even though I've read this twice, it's just as strong as the first time and the impact of your writing is just as powerful.

I love how on a second read different things shine through, while I still adore the whiskey motif and home surgery scene, this time I really appreciated how you dealt with the twilight sleep. I liked how you explored the idea of how this particular sedative can affect Sam's condition, confusing and twisting his reality even more. Fascinating stuff.

And even though this is clearly a tough time for the boys, I like it how you kept true to the show but still injected some hope into the fic.

This was a treat of a read (even second time around), so thank you so much for claiming a prompt! Take care, Abbi
Taeriel chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Excellent story! I loved your characterizations - so spot on! The storyline was excellent as well, and I especially appreciated the idea that unfamiliar scars would have been part of the clues for Sam back when he woke up.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Poor Sam is playing with fire to mislead Dean about Lucifer still being in his head a lot of the time but I totally understand why he does it.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 2/6/2012