Reviews for Like Mother
diamondiva chapter 15 . 7/21
I can't wait for the next chapter!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 15 . 6/20
As usual, very good one, and great job with the different storylines.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 14 . 6/15
Very good one. I specially liked Park and Miles' interaction, and Courtney's monologue at the bathroom.

Thanks again for updating.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 13 . 6/5
As usual, excellent job. I especially liked Helga and Gertie's moment here.

keep the good writing.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 12 . 5/27
Great job, as usual, and very intense scenes, specially with Daniel and Nadine.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 11 . 5/27
Again, great job with all the characters, and you know I really like how you do Monkeyman here.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 9 . 5/25
Excellent work here, specially with the letters to the authorities.

keep the good writing.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 10 . 5/25
As usual, wonderful job. I think Monkeyman's part was the funniest, but the whole thing is very well done, as always.

untaintedpeanut chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
I suck horribly because I never thanked you for taking the time to read my little one-chapter story and review it as well. Your words were all too kind. Can't PM you so wanted to drop a line by way of reviewing this piece again. Hope all is well with you!
J'aime ma vie chapter 8 . 9/7/2013
YAY! I've missed this story and the characters like mad! You have no idea how happy I am that you've updated this. :)

One of the reasons why I like the way you write middle-aged Arnold/Helga is because of karma. I love how it gets back at Helga since Arnold has the chance to get back at her, tease her, and get a rise out of her for a change after all the crap she put him through when they were kids. I definitely see what you mean by Arnold being Helga's bad karma to a degree. Also, I think it would be too hilarious if they ended up with a surprise baby after Miles and Gertie went off to college.

As much as I adore Arnold, I think Billy was really good for Helga too. He proved that Helga was capable of moving on from Arnold and of being able to love again after him. I like the realism that was presented with the Billy/Helga pairing. I think that Helga going to South Dakota and being with Billy was really good for her. It helped her grow up, mature, and establish an identity that wasn't based on Arnold. I honestly feel that if Helga is ever going to become a capable, successful adult in the canon that she has to figure out who she outside of Arnold. I like that Billy helped her do that. Billy's death is also proof that you can never forget the ones you love - and that you were once in love with. You never truly get over it, but you can recover and move on to a point and still be happy. Again, I also like how Billy proved that Helga was capable of loving a man who wasn't Arnold and was able to move on from him. The dilemma you presented with how she didn't want to forget him and would sometimes wonder what could've been had he lived was also an interesting touch. I think it's perfectly natural that she would do that, while still loving her life with Arnold and their children. It's a very human reaction for Helga to have and to still actually be sad over it. I love that, since people don't typically write Helga as being vulnerable like that.

"Racism swings both ways."

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS. It's a fact that's never acknowledged, but it's so true. Thank you for having the guts to say it.

Helga's life after Billy's death proves that money, possessions, and fame cannot give you happiness. It is a uinversal, timeless truth that people often forget or choose to ignore. I feel like it's actually one of the hidden, albeit core themes in the "Like Mother" universe, though and it's very well placed. You see this a lot with the characters' histories and their interactions with one another. It's nice and subtle and not too preachy.

Nice job referencing the show with Alan Redman from "Rich Kid" and Brainy. I still think it's awesome that he became a famous rockstar.

ROFLMFAO at Miles and Kyo being afraid to say the word "pregnant". Guys are seriously SO AWKWARD around pregnant women. It's kind of hilarious.

And how the crap did Mr. Chicken's stay in business for 35 years? The health department in this story seriously sucks. Epic fail for the bureaucracy right there.

Also, I wish that Gertie would set me up on a date with someone. I think she would do a way better job of it than the current people who are doing this to me right now. And the sad thing is that I'm not lying when I say this. I also love that she's an anime fan and just super quirky in general. Plus, it's refreshing to see a story where guys are into human girls who are uncoventional and not the typical cookie cutter ones, you know? That's just really awesome.

"Oh yeah? Well you can stick your weenie up your butt!"

Believe it or not, I was actually expecting this to be worded way more elaborately and maybe even dirtier than this. Seriously, what am I saying? Not only is this the dirtiest thing ever, but it's pretty damn impossible to do too (especially if you're a girl).

And seriously, WHO THE CRAP IS MONKEYMAN!?

I thought it was Curly for the longest time, but then this:

"In the early days of his crime fighting career he made it a point to protect the girl's mother because he had fallen in love with her, but when Rhonda Lloyd got married, to of all people a lowly, questionably sane dry cleaner; he tried with varying degrees of success, to distance himself from the beautiful woman.

"Despite his best efforts, Monkeyman never stopped loving Rhonda and even though he had limited his contact with her, he faithfully continued to check in on her to keep her safe, and with the passage of time, that protection extended to her child as well."

Really has me thinking that Curly isn't Monkeyman at all, but that it's someone else.

I feel like whoever Monkeyman is, that it's going to be really unexpected and leave your readers totally shocked. I think it'd be cool if he was a background character (i.e., Joey, Robert, Iggy, Lorenzo, etc.) because again, it's so unexpected.

Seriously, this story just keeps me wanting more! I'll be awaiting your next update, whenever it is. :)
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 8 . 9/7/2013
Love this update. Again, you do a wonderful job with all the characters.

Disney'sBelle chapter 8 . 9/7/2013
can;t wait to read more from you!
Margot's Metal Heart chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
Ya’ll need to update this crap!
My spank tank is getting low on material.
fanficlover1999 chapter 7 . 10/4/2012
Great story so far .I love rhonda x curly they are my favorite couple . Please write more fanfic about them .Thank you .
loonytunecrazy chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Another exllcent chapter love the family eating the pizza I can see Arnold being a veteritan, I did get a chuckle of miles and Helga being the meat eaters. Lovey scene with Courtney reading Miles letter it was a very touching one Miles and courtney really are the new verisons of Helga and Arnold aren't they. I loved the kids teasing each other and Miles reacting their parents having sex. Nice job with Helga flashback scene and I nearly died laughting after reading Helga reaction about Arnold meantion parrots and those would on her most wanted list after what one did. Also really nice scens with Courtney and the shortmans , Helga a sly one isn't she but at least she know from experiacne that Dr Bilss can helped and adorabel scene at the end of the chapoter