Reviews for The Fanfic Incident
psychshuleslover2000 chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
lol this is amusing so far...
ZoeWhoWaited chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
I read reviews before I read stories and I just wanted to let you know that I'm slowly reading my way through your stories and I love them! Whythehate is just insane. Everyone is completely in character. And if Whythehate sees this: I dated a guy named Shawn in high school. Must be why I like these stories. *rolls eyes at the troll*
iknowuknow chapter 4 . 12/12/2013
I recognized that obscure reference form 20 years ago :)
iknowuknow chapter 3 . 12/11/2013
I will thank the troll for one thing: reminding me about this story. I had forgotten all about it! (And my love for it) I really need to go back and read everything you and Lawson have ever written again haha I always end up happier for it!
WhytheHate chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Did someone you consider to be Shawn-like break up with you at one point? Because you have an entire story devoted to Lassiter listing bad things about Shawn and Juliet agreeing with him.
I have looked over many of your stories and fail to see where you say anything positive about Shawn. The "Juliet" in your fics is obviously a self-insert that you use to write out your own personal fantasies.
About me not watching the show... sure, Juliet is sometimes annoyed with Shawn. But she's also annoyed with Lassiter at times!
Lassie's flaws may be mentioned in your stories, but they're always glossed over, as in "sure, he's got problems, but not as bad as Shawn's!"
And by saying she secretly loved Lassie but agreed to be Shawn's girlfriend... wow. Way to make her look like a heartless bitch.
Loafer chapter 2 . 10/11/2013
This is really my last response to you on this subject (I thought the last one was the last one), and it's because what you're saying about my stories is, again, simply NOT TRUE.

Many of my stories do not mention Shawn at all. Some of them are established Lassiets. At least three are Lassiet friendship only. Many of them have the Shules breakup occur "off-screen."

When I have written about Juliet contemplating a breakup with Shawn:

1) There are ALWAYS passages where she thinks about his good qualities, to explain to herself what she saw in him. IN EVERY STORY.
2) There are ALWAYS passages where she acknowledges her good feelings about Carlton as having been there for years (not brand new "OMG he's suddenly perfect"), usually suppressed/denied because of their partnership. IN EVERY STORY.
3) There are ALWAYS references to Carlton's negative qualities, often by Carlton himself, and to how he has annoyed her and will continue to annoy her. IN EVERY STORY.

I'm starting to think you don't even watch the *show*. In Santabarbaratown 2, Juliet flat-out tells Shawn that he is still doing the things which ALWAYS bothered her. In Lassie Jerky, she was very upset with Shawn about his callous behavior. Did you contact the writers of those episodes to complain?

If you're going to keep attacking my work (while ignoring every other non-canon ship out there, as well as the Shules stories which flagrantly ignore EVERY one of Shawn's *CANON* faults), please have your facts straight.

Have a nice life (and no, I don't believe you don't have an account), and goodbye.
WhytheHate chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
First off, I don't have a ff account, so that's why I'm leaving anon reviews.

Second, I have actually read fics shipping non-canon pairings that I have enjoyed, because they keep everyone fairly in character. My main problem in your stories is that none of Shawn's good features are mentioned. It's all "OMG, Lassie is such a perfect guy, why didn't I notice him before, I'll go dump my stupid unredeemable boyfriend-I don't know why I ever got together with him in the first place!" If you showed why Juliet liked Shawn enough to love him in the first place, it would be different.
Loafer chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Okay, look.

First, other comments left on my stories, including this one, have mentioned how Shules girls are more hostile and unreasonable than other shippers, so that's not just me talking.

Second, each story is a single story, and it's ridiculous to think that because you've read one, you've read them all. S&G don't raid every kitchen in every story I write, but they have both raided multiple kitchens (of murder victims, often with the body present) on the series.

Third, the fact that you continue to hide behind your anonymous comments reduces your credibility tremendously.

I stand by my earlier statements to you. Remember, you came to MY house and made unwarranted insulting remarks to ME. But I have a treasure trove of stories about ADULTS behaving like ADULTS, with many comments left by readers who LIKE what I write and FREQUENTLY tell me that I am true to the characters on the series. I have even gotten comments and PMs from Shules and Shassie fans who admit to the truth of what I've written.

There is NO EXCUSE for your initial hostile comments to me on "The Fight," and NO EXCUSE for you choosing to read stories which state the pairing up front or make it clear by the characters listed.

You can leave comments on as many of my stories as you like, and be as nasty as you want. Those who read them will see YOUR character.
WhytheHate chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
OK, like I said, I'm reading this.

My impressions from the first chapter:

1. The Shules-shippers expies are portrayed as unreasonable, obsessed, and stupid. They are "obviously disliked." Which wouldn't be so bad, if you were satirizing ALL the shippers. However...

2. The Lassiet shippers are shown as reasonable, smart, and normal. They "take more of the heat" than the others, and the person who said this is described as saying it "reasonably."

3. You're flanderizing Shawn and Gus. Seriously, they don't raid kitchens at every crime scene. Give them a break.

4. In the show, Juliet is shown as thinking Shawn's antics are funny some of the time. In your fics, she never does.
d1x1lady chapter 9 . 1/28/2013
Clever plot, wonderful humor. So good! Highly recommend!
soulreaper18 chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
Love this story! i seem to be reading through all your lassiet tales as of late, and this was great as usual. The shawn and gus parts felt just like their antics in a real esp. of psych.
iknowuknow chapter 9 . 8/15/2012
WOOOOO Now I must sleep
Gwynevere1 chapter 9 . 3/1/2012
I liked the affectionate snark of this meta-fic. I also liked the original female characters. I am glad that you did not make any of the women the murderer.

As for the Joniettes' vitriol against the Daliettes-I see what you did there. I have never seen such hatred for a non-canon, non-chan, non-incest ship spouted by another group of shippers like Lassiter/Juliet is hated by Shawn/Jules shippers.

My one problem with your story is that there is no Gus equivalent on 'Fake'. Maybe you did this on purpose, as commentary on the way fandom, in general, ignores characters of color in favor of writing about white people. However, I feel you needed to make this more explicit-e.g., have Gus comment on how no one ever writes about the black guy.
Hummingbird2 chapter 9 . 2/21/2012
'Lawson's Coastal Dining' Hmm, why does that sound so familiar? That was great (and I actually had it figured out! Woohoo!), thank you!
torchil chapter 9 . 2/19/2012
Loved it all. Beginning middle and end.