Reviews for The Same Colours
SoulRain chapter 8 . 6/18
This was so fluffy and sweet! I normally like to see them as romantically, but once in awhile I also love to just see them in a light-hearted brotherly light. I love all forms of theses two dork's relationship. You illustrated, and creatively crafted this stories events as believable, and you especially did well on Alfred's and Authur's emotions and reactions. Everyone was brilliantly in character, but you wrote them in such a light that showed a more vulnerable, softer side of them that polished everything to shine as the gem it is. I hope that makes sense... I mean you made your already usable coals into rediant, vibrant gems - Everyone shines so wonderfully. I've grown to adore your versions of Al and Art so much that I want to read more domestic, slice-of-life with them, it's so pleasant and refreshing. This is an amazing little fic to relax to and read with my breakfast, and I'm glad I woke up early to read this. Cheers.~

-SoulRain
Anon chapter 8 . 4/18
I loved this so much and the fact that you got things correct as well made it even better oh and by the way as a heads up if you want to make tea like a Brit put the tea bags in first :-) I'm sorry I had to add that please keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/16/2016
Awwwww that was really nice...and cute. I loved this story and I wish there were more chapters but... all good things can't last forever. It was truly amazing!
jetblackrose9922 chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
This story is good, just one thing. The Harry Potter movies are not American movies. They were made here in Britain by the Warner Brothers studio in London. So the fireworks would not have been put in by Americans! But I can see where you were trying to come from.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/31/2015
I swear to god this is definitely the best England and America fanfic i have ever read
I loved the fluff and the portrayal of both countries without turning it into something stupid and romantic as most people do and i just overall loved this story so much and you're writing skills are amazing
You have to continue writing stories like this because they are simply brilliant and I'm disappointed how you don't have more reviews because this was just amazing :)
Thanks for the great read
I'll definitely come back to read it again
WriterGreenReads chapter 8 . 8/2/2015
Awww... I love it.
I think you portrayed all of the characters really well. They all felt very in character, and yet not too obnoxious, which is a nice change. And I also appreciate the fact that you made them all act like brothers, and not lovers. I think more fanfics should be written that way.
I also think it's funny that whenever America or England need advice on the other... they ask Canada.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Aww, that was so sweet :) I loved it!
Berryberry chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
This was so sweet. I mainly only ship usuk because I liked their dynamic in the hetalia and didn't know how else to read a bunch of fanfics with them in it. This is why I'm really glad to see ones where they make up as brothers, like in the actual thing. I was really pleased.
Berryberry chapter 2 . 8/3/2014
So cute so far. 3
Guest chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
You just randomly reminded me that I find it hilarious how Italy runs across Switzy's yard to get to Germany's house. I would so do that just for fun! :D
Flowers-in-the-dust chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Hey there :D
I read this Story a while ago and I totally loved it! I would like to translate it into german...do you give me your permission? ;)

greetings from Düsseldorf :D
Flower
Hello chapter 7 . 2/26/2013
I'm British and I honestly don't think our tea or coffee is that strong at all! On an average day I would have about two cups of tea (In my novelty Marmite mug, of course). Our coffe is actually pretty nice. Tea is much nicer though, MUCH nicer. I think nearly every person in the Country starts their day with a cup just so they can stay awake for a couple of hours! SO MUCH CAFFINE.

Anyway, love your story. It's so cute! I was trying so hard not to cry in some bits. That would have looked weird to my family. Is it strange that after Hetalia, my friend and I sometimes start crying when someone mentions the Revloutionary War? Oh well, keep calm and carry on being an awesome writer!
Lamashtar Two chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
You made me cry. :(
Zeplerfer chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
D'aw, this story was really cute. You did a good job of writing a subdued America and I liked his sweet relationship with Canada. It was nice to see that he also bought tickets for Canada when he got play tickets for England. I thought that was a nice touch to show America treating them both as brothers.

I had a couple suggestions-first, you mention a few times that England is sick, but we only read about his hangover. Being sick usually involves some symptoms, so it would have helped to show a few of them by having him sneeze or think about aches a few times. Not a whole lot, just enough to add some description of his illness.

Second, I liked how America described his desire for independence as a desire to be an equal and to be his own person. However, I thought a few of their discussions ended up with very long paragraphs and an overabundance of ellipses. Ellipses are a little like exclamation points, and should be used sparingly. If you want to show pauses during these discussions, you might also consider dialogue tags mentioning pauses, long silences, or some physical action that England takes while he's talking (like pausing to sip the juice).

Thank you for the cute story! I really like the title :)
9foxgrl chapter 8 . 12/3/2012
This was such a cute story. Good job!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »