Reviews for Settlers: New Realms
Rose chapter 5 . 7/12/2012
*laughs* Go Crimmy! That was very, very her. I love the way you write Dario's falcon. Food comes before rescuing Salim. *nods firmly*
Rockerduck chapter 5 . 7/12/2012
An update, yay! I suggest you take the time to go over this again; lots of long and confusing sentences that make this chapter hard to read. I can proofread your story for you if you like, just lemme know. ;-)
I admit I don't care much about the Settlers V part but I still very much love your characterisation of Sabatt, and her interaction with Alandra! Glad to see she's still snarky, that means she's just fine. Muahaha! You had it coming, stupid assassin dude!
ParchmentRose chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
Brown. Hakim's eyes are brown. *nods firmly* It's a sensitive issue. :P Oh, and it's a hood, not a turban, so his cloak would probably be a better makeshift bandage. But otherwise, that version of his bio makes a lot of sense, explaining both the Salim connection and his lack of swimming ability very nicely. *grins*

As for the chapter proper, that was a very enjoyable read. Crimmy's still scary, but her vulnerable side is showing through brilliantly; I loved her and Alandra's second round! Sorry, Crims, you're OLD. :P And, again, thank you very much for disposing of all my least favourite characters. *cheesy grin*

Slight mistake: you had the guard tell Marcus that Hakim was injured, when it was actually Kestral. Otherwise, well done, and I look forward to more! :D
Rockerduck chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
Oi. Crimmy is really out of it, isn't she? *chuckles* That said, I like your depiction of her. It is something that -could- entirely happen in an AU. She's always been borderline insane (though she herself wouldn't see it that way, because everything makes perfect sense to her in her own little crazy world) and it really doesn't take much to tip her over the edge after the war ended.

I like how she's beginning to wear down and doesn't just kill everyone on sight. But Kes! Noooo! *laughs* Poor little bandit! Kestie, you should know better than trying to fight Sabatt. Really.

Anyway, I quite like this chapter! A small personal request, though, would you mind changing the story rating to T? I don't believe the amount of violence and bloodshed is suitable for children, and the story might be a little too complex, too.

p.s.: Still waiting for feedback! :P
ParchmentRose chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
*applause* Never apologise for angst. *grins* I love the way you had Alandra almost-kill Sabatt, actually; in a universe where Crimmy is evil, it really should be her who gets to deal the blow. Your characterisation of Marcus and Thordal, in particular, is excellent as well; and, frankly, the fangirl in me loves Marcus and Alandra's playfight. Also, thank you from the bottom of my heart for disposing of Elias. :D

Just a minor point: may I suggest that you up the story rating to T? There's probably more graphic violence than you'd expect in a K, so it might be a good idea.
Rockerduck chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
*cheers* Go, Crimmy! Kill the Fat Knight! Erm... I mean ... bad Crimmy. Very bad Crimmy. *snickers*

Well, that was an ... interesting read. You really don't pay much attention to what everyone else considers 'canon', do you? Not saying you have to, it just feels extremely awkward to read we now have a 'king'. *smirks*

I would suggest to work on your story formatting, sometimes does weird things. I also noticed a couple of spellos. It's Kestral, not Kestrel, etc. Should be easy to fix.

As for Sabatt - her hair is raven black and we decided to call the colour of her eyes 'amber'. They're actually green in the game and sorta yellowish in the cutscenes.

Also, Crimmy, you're a crybaby. Admit it. Mwahaha!
Rockerduck chapter 2 . 2/12/2012
Don't ... remind me ... of ... Leonardo! *shudders, remembering S5 days*

Elias is the traitor. Always Elias. Heh.

Welcome to our little Settlers corner! I suggest having a look at the other stories here, as they are all part of our "official" fanon and fit together into one overarching story.
ParchmentRose chapter 2 . 2/12/2012
Oh, poor Dario. You're setting up a nice mystery here; looking forward to seeing how it all pans out! I'll admit I'm not that familiar with these characters, but this is a fun introduction.

As for who I'd like to see as the traitor? Elias. No contest. :P
ParchmentRose chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Welcome to the ranks of Settlers writers! :) I'll admit I'm pretty much entirely unfamiliar with Heritage of Kings, but you might well be giving me a reason to actually play it. Well done on the first chapter: your descriptions are beautifully detailed, and Kerberos is scaring me. O_O I loved the Leonardo and Michelangelo joke, too. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work!