Reviews for The Road Not Taken
docmartinfan chapter 24 . 1/9
Wonderful story. I think those little talks he had with Chris and Louisa made him realize what he really wanted. I think many people today question whether they are really happy with there job.
Guest chapter 24 . 4/13/2015
Great story. Certainly enjoyed it. Thanks for the good read.
beth.zipay chapter 24 . 12/8/2014
Another wonderful story. It is nice to see the caring side of Martin - well, as much as he'll let us see anyway. You do capture him very well. In this story you tackled a tough subject not only for him but I think for all of us - finding contentment in our life circumstances. Nothing will ever be perfect, as much as Martin or any of us might wish it so. Instead we weigh the choices and determine the best in light of our priorities. I can't help but believe his family is top on that list.
Love the Star Trek reference!
cburnette chapter 24 . 8/14/2014
Loved your story, well written and I loved the ending.
Thanks
lemster1 chapter 24 . 1/20/2014
Enjoyed the whole story. My only suggestion would be a little background on why LG gave up teaching.
Thanks for effort on this.
D. Charles chapter 24 . 6/7/2013
Even though this story was completed last year I still would like to express my delight in reading such a compelling tale. It reads like a novel by John Grisham, I use him because whenever I read one of his books Iam unable to put it down. That is how it was with this story, you captured Dr. Ellingham's brilliance and his true nature, which is his well kept secret of being a compassionate and principled physcian. It also reminded us pf his unmatched skill as a diagnostician. In the end he could not deny the fact that he was now and always would be a GP, caring for the total person. The story was simply beautiful. Cheers!
Kumquat12 chapter 24 . 12/18/2012
I really enjoyed reading this, and didn't want it to end. Thanks for writing it.
DeclanS chapter 24 . 4/12/2012
Thank you for this story.

The breadth of medical knowledge added to the authenticity and informatively laid out with balance both sides of the surgeon/gp question which was at the crux of the plot. Martin's final decision was therefore plausible and believable.

Juxtaposing Martin's dilemma with the sad storyline of Ethan Brown and the bevy of other patients showed us the depth of Martin's caring for his patients.
Boots1980 chapter 24 . 4/10/2012
You have shown that Doctor Ellingham has developed a need to be needed. He fulfills this need much better as a GP in Port Wenn rather than in an operating theatre in Truro or London. A very humanizing, well-written story of Martin's evolution as a man.
GriffinStar chapter 24 . 4/9/2012
Lovely end to an excellent story, where Martin has worked out where he wants to be. Great stuff!
Snowsie2011 chapter 24 . 4/8/2012
Martin finds out that life is made up of compromises. Choosing to be a GP in a small village isn't so bad if he's surrounded by people he loves.

Very nice story. I hope you plan on starting a new one soon!
Chapin chapter 24 . 4/8/2012
You reflect well who this good man is. Thank you for a well crafted story. Hopefully you are sharpening your pencil even as I write.
fanficfan71 chapter 24 . 4/8/2012
A great story ggo85 and a lovely finish. Thanks for sharing.
robspace54 chapter 24 . 4/7/2012
Choices... The lady or the tiger? I think you may have channeled season 6. Very, very nice!
robspace54 chapter 23 . 4/7/2012
The doctor had to bury another patient and he shows his humanity quite well.

Good show.