Reviews for Embezzlement
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Falls over laughing. Mr. Gold is always nice when he *begins* someone's training, isn't he?
iCarlyfan312 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I love the idea of Regina being arrested by Emma! Really great story!
TharzZzDunN chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Nice one, I almost want to see this happen on the show!

Cheers!
Vera-Sabe chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
I finally had some spare time to leave you a review for this awesome story.

And indeed, it was truly awesome and so hilarious. I totally wished that "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" could have ended like this. I know that this show is split between two worlds: the real world and the fairy tale world. While I agree that in the fairy tale world Regina, being Queen, could have abolished, changed, and/or added new laws, I do not agree that the laws in the real world do not apply to her just because she's a mayor of a town in Maine.

Living in the real world, she should realize something. Maine is a state in the USA and USA has many international, federal, state, city, county, etc. laws. She is not the president nor is she a member of Congress. She is only a mayor in the state of Maine. While she does have some power, she does not have all the power. Even if she were president of the US, she still wouldn't have all the power.

Checks and Balances, woman, or did that slip her mind when the curse she enacted took full force? Did it damage her brain a little bit?

As Mr. Gold put it so nicely in this sizzling fic, even though she embezzled money for a good cause, she still embezzled money. Hello? Last time I checked, this was/is a serious crime; and the person accused gets put on trial and then sentenced to prison. Thus, she should have received the same treatment as everyone else. Besides, there is no such thing as a good cause when it comes to embezzlement.

I get that the creators/writers probably didn't want Emma to win against Regina in this episode and this early on in the show. Maybe that's why they conveniently overlooked these types of laws... but still, come on! Regina has to follow the rules and laws just like every body else. She's no longer in the fairy tale world and queen of the whole universe. She's in the real world and in the USA, no less. She didn't make the laws that govern this country.

Wow. Didn't mean to make this review/rant about Regina. I have been watching way too many Law & Order and Law & Order: SVU episodes, for real. My law abiding, logical side kicked in and took over, lol. I apologize and hope I didn't offend you or anyone else.

Anyway... yeah, I just agree with how you wrote an (this) AU for this episode 'cause this is what irked me the most. And, again, I totally wished that this is how it should have ended; regardless of the fact that Emma would have won this round and regardless of the fact that Mr. Gold helped her. This take and execution was more realistic and plausible, in my honest opinion. Plus, it's not like it hurt the plot line of the show and actual episode, or the characters, or the characterizations of the characters.

While I'm still on this subject, let's say this would have happened and Regina ended up doing prison time for embezzling city funds from the city. It's not like she had gotten killed. So, she still could have certain people and connections that she could rely on, I'm sure. Certain criminals, especially ones that aren't in solitary confinement, still have certain power over certain people and have connections in the outside world. Thus, Regina could have contacted and used some of her connections. One person specifically comes to mind and that is Maleficent.

Maleficent could have returned to show as her real world persona. By order of Regina, she could have come to Storybrooke, taking over as mayor for Regina while Regina would be in prison. Maleficent, and the Evil Queen over all, could have thrown Emma in for a loop. So, Regina still could have won in a way. Emma would have had no clue how to handle this new mayor, having already learned and been accustomed with some of Regina's strengths, faults and weaknesses. And because Maleficent would now have been the new mayor, but secretly working with and for Regina, Emma would have needed Mr. Gold's help more than ever.

But that's one of my versions of what could have went down in this episode if it ended like your wonderful version. So, never mind, lol. Again, I have been watching one too many Law & Order episodes and my mind likes to come up weird little plot bunnies! O_o

So, Emma/Mr. Gold's dynamic chemistry and interaction is awesome and lovely. I love the way you wrote them. Mr. Gold willingly helped Emma by stating a true fact. Emma, realizing the truth in his statement, willingly took his advice. I'm glad that it was he who helped her and I'm glad that Emma didn't reject it. That was really cool and I loved how everything went down. The look on Regina's face when Emma recited her rights to her while she hand cuffed her was priceless and classic! _

And the last scene with Mr. Gold and Emma was lovely, hilarious, awesome and so in character! Also, I just loved the last lines, seriously. Yay! Score one for Team Emma and Operation Cobra. _

While I would love to see you continue this fic, I can understand why it's only a one-shot. However, I hope that you will consider writing more Emma/Mr. Gold fics in the future, particularly a chapter fic. Besides, we need more Emma/Mr Gold fics out there. Alas, that's totally up to you. Though, I will be watching out to see if you will or not. Again, beautiful, amazing, and funny one-shot. _ Thanks for writing and sharing it with everyone! _

With warm regards,

Vera-Sabe
anche chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Thank you! I had the same though... but its still illegal! Great story though! You did a really good job keeping everyone in character which I appreciate and it was a great idea. I hope you write a ton more for this fandom!
ForeverMrs.Padfoot chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Dammit why didn't this happen in the show! loved it :)
ElizaSP chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Oooh, please, continue this! It's absolutely LOVELY! I wanted to read like forever something about "trust" concerning Gold/Emma! And on the show I definitively want them to become a team!

Gold would always do things his way, and Emma will always have to keep an eye over him, but he's definitely a better ally than Sydney will ever be! And at least he's really there for her!

Thanks for writing this!
Rainbowscape chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Yes! Great story. I too wondered why the town seemed okay with building the playground when Regina had never gone through proper channels to allocate the funds. I wish Emma had been wise enough to see it and not been fooled by Sidney. Hope you write more on any ideas you have!
Chrysantha Justine Addison chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
YEA! Team Emma WINS! I liked how the tables turned on Regina :)

Team Emma- 1

Team Regina- 0

Nice Story! If only ABC did that...sigh...
Deritine chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
"You'll learn," Gold said, sounding absolutely certain.

Emma raised an eyebrow. "I'll learn to trust you or I'll learn to work with someone who I can't trust?"

Muahaha- very good. And so true- embezzling is still embezzling. That part did sort of puzzle me, unless she had some sort of ok from the town, that's a lot of $. But I guess they would all think that was normal since she's the queen. Er... I mean, mayor. Haha.
Cassynite chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
This is SO how that episode should have ended. I hate how every episode so far has just been one step forward, two steps back. I would have loved to see this happen. Great story!
Rayvah chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Gold's last line in this was... well, gold! I was thinking along the lines of this story when I saw the last episode, glad to know that someone else was, too. Good job! Very in character, too.
Gin chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Perfection! This is what should have happened on the show.
Lady-hook chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
excellent writing! it read just like watching the episode on tv. Hope you write more fan fiction.
Kendra Luehr chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Love it! I wish this would've happened on the show, although I was still admittedly happy with the Gold vs Emma scenes we got. Loved their banter in this, and I hope his observation comes true. ;)