Reviews for Rose Rambling
Alosha135 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Your wish is my command! (never mind that I don't actually know you . . . ) I'll start by saying that I liked it, and that I laughed at least twice during the reading which is always a good sign. I thought the dialogue a little awkward at times, but the characters were captured well and I love the Watson-rubbing-off-on-Holmes idea.
Guest Me chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Ooh, I love it! It's so cute and just explains it all! Thanks 3
Ennui Enigma chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Wonderful piece! Some witty back and forth remarks b/t Holmes and Watson with an underlying subtext of love and care for each other.
I have always wondered about the sentimental, philosophical, dreamer scenes that Doyle occasionally allows Holmes.
This was a lovely expansion on the scene from NAVA. Thanks for sharing :-)
Azolean chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
lol That was cute! I loved this.
cmee57 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
:) Lovely story
Delia Brethilwen chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
This was awesome, as was "Extras". I love that even Holmes can be seen to be sentimental at times, when the occasion permits it. And the little chit-chat between two good friends is always nice, especially when it's Sherlock and John. Well done.
Jfreak chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
It's nice to know I'm not the only person who enjoyed that short scene :) *hugs*

SH nut chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This is very sweet - I love Naval Treaty, but was rather sad that the Granada series couldn't include Holmes waxing lyrical about the schools they saw in the distance... I am assuming you have read the story? They are on their way home on the train after their first visit with Percy Phelps...

H-it is a very cheering thing to come into London by any of these lines which run high and allow you to look down on the houses like this.

W-I thought he was joking, for the view was sordid enough, but he soon explained himself.

H-Look at those big, isolated clumps of building rising up above the slates, like brick islands in a lead-coloured sea.

W-The Board schools.

H-Lighthouses, my boy! Beacons of the future! Capsules, with hundreds of bright kittle seeds in each, all of which will spring the wiser, better England of the future!

your little vignette begs for a second scene. Holmes doesn't get poetic that often...
Wordwielder chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
That was adorable. IC, easy friendship, and made me smile. Going in my favorites :)
mrspencil chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I enjoyed the conversation between the two; the acknowledgement that this was a little odd for him, and Holmes' plea for discretion. Nicely penned:-)

Mrs P:-)
graceofnight chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Oh, thank you for writing this. I had the same thought when I read the Naval Treaty. His speech about the rose is beautiful, but it really kind of came out of nowhere. And your characterizations of Holmes and Watson are lovely as well. A sequel (and brownies) would be much appreciated...
anonymous chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
This is really cute ... I think Watson is right whether Holmes is willing to admit it or not! I hope you write more stories - thanks!
Samantha Spanner chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Hehe, that was great!

For some reason, I am quite fond of all-dialog fics, as I was of this. Excellent work!