Reviews for New Confidence
fgyhui chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Your story sucks.
Chaos chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I never thought I'd review one of my own stories... but this is for my dear anon guest, Olyvia, because I can't contact you in any other way. And I'm 'anonymous' so I can delete this review later if I have to.

To start: Hi, I'm Chaos, the author of this story.

A review of the actual story instead of commenting on my Author's Note would have been more helpful, but thanks anyway.

I would have killed Peeta because for me he didn't further the plot and didn't really deserve to win. I felt like his character was not well-developed and his characterization only centered on his kindness and love of Katniss. I'm just not emotionally invested in that sort of character.
On a similar note, I don't like Katniss either so I probably would have killed her too. At least she had a solid character arc.

I do not ship Katniss and Gale romantically. (I liked Gale's character though) In my mind they were family, and besides their personalities were too similar for them to be an interesting, developed couple. So I guess I ship them platonically. They're best friends, that's it. I don't ship Katniss with anyone because I never felt any romantic interactions between her and the other characters were sincere, realistic, AND authentic.

Like you, Olyvia, I'm glad I didn't write the Hunger Games. There wasn't a lot of world building or character development and frankly, I hated all the endings, most of the characters and their interactions, and chunks of the plot. I'm not a romance person and what I thought would be a cool action/adventure concept quickly turned into a cliche love triangle trilogy. I write fanfiction for THG because there was a lot of potential in the HG universe that was never explored and that's fun to work with. Besides, I have my own book ideas. Fanfiction is just practice.

I won't force my opinions on you, but I don't want you bashing me for them, either. We all have different thoughts, and these have been some of mine. Thank you.

Happy reading, Olyvia!
Olyvia chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Wtf? You would've killed Peeta? Damn, I'm glad you didn't write the Hunger Games! Do you ship Katniss and Gale or something?
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Interesting take on Thresh's death, I love it!
Peace Love Owls chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Amazing story! I recently developed a therory that Foxface killed Thresh. But I imagined it with poison and that she heard Cato and didn't steal food. Anyway great job!
Hungergamesobssesive chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Please! WRITE MORE!
Overlord chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
okay sorry but I find this toatally unrealistic even for hunger games it doesn't go with either of their character also Thresh RULES!
sock-feet-and-stirring-sand chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I really liked this! Just the right amount of description, and the spelling is all good. Just one thing—Thresh stole Cato's pack at the feast, so Cato wouldn't have the armor yet... But no worries, it was fine.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2012