Reviews for What Could Have Been
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I haven't really read this pairing before, but I like the idea of it since Bellatrix was not really interested in Rodolphus. This was very well-written, and you showed both Rodolphus and Narcissa's emotions very well. I like how vulnerable and in-love Narcissa seems; it's such a contrast to how proud she often appears both in canon and in fanfiction, but it's not OOC for her since love does indeed change people. I didn't notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, and the whole thing flowed very well. I think the ending really fits, as well, although it's certainly angsty; it fits well with the tone of the rest of the fic. Although this wasn't very long, it still conveyed the message of the story very well, which is very good to see considering many less-than-1K fics can have a much-too-short feel; this did not have that. This was really good, and I liked it.
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I'm really getting sick of Narcissa, so whiny! Lol. But like come on! She expected that didn't she? Rod had to marry Bellatrix! Well then again, we are talking about Narcissa...

I really adore Rodolphus, his love for Bellatrix is amazing :) Bella is sometimes dumb to not take advantage of that. They way he's worried that if he takes Naricssa, he won't have a faithful marriage.

All this unrequited love, Bellatrix for the Dark Lord, Rod for Bella, Cissy for Rod (well they have an affair after) Lucius with Cissy? or peacock lol. Oh! And of course Rabastan and Andromeda ;) hmm and can it be, my favorite? Bella and Ted? Lol.

Great job on this!

Much love!

C.G.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I really like the way you depicted the broken, wild with heartbreak Narcissa here! Their dialogue was really well done, I loved the desperate way in which she offered herself to him, letting him know that she was still yours, although it killed her that he had just married her sister… The feelings seemed all the more intense as Narcissa is a rather cool and controlled character most of the time, as you very well stated… I also loved Rodolphus' dilemma, and the difference between his feelings for Narcissa and the passion Bella roused in him. Well done!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
That felt ridiculously long haha. After all the drabbles I'm not used to normal sized chapters. :P

Great story. Poor Cissy. She's gonna have to get over it pretty quickly. And Rod, naturally, is being Rod. Awesome job! :D