Reviews for So The Funeral
honoradele chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
Uh-oh! Erik? Are you going to follow up on this one?
Azulera chapter 9 . 2/12/2012
This probably shouldn't make me happy, seeing as characters I like die in every chapter, but that last chapter still made me smile, as did something in every other chapter. You're good. You're really good.
Jimmy1201 chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
Your starting of each segment exactly the same way increased the emotional impact, sense of foreboding and impending doom when reading each little chapter. Also points out the many ways this story could have failed spectacularly. Perhaps Kim's motto should really be "It will take another miracle". Drakken's connection/affection for Rufus was interesting, that could explain a lot about how Rufus manages to get loose and save them.

I haven't read any of the discussions at the slash haven forums, but have always been surprised at how strongly people can hate something about a particular cartoon. I mean really, given all the cartoons and anime on this site, surely there is one they would like. But anyway, I was thinking, you are tied to a cactus, your best friend has completely melted down and given up. As things stand, if you live to see the morning, you will see the sun rise on a the wreckage of a world controlled by Drakken. What do you have to lose by making a pass at her? :)
seabream chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
Wow. Nicely done. I think that for me the pacing and buildup from story to story really adds to the power of the sequence. I'm coming to this as someone whose exposure to Kim Possible is more through fandom than the cartoon. I think that I've seen maybe two episodes, and none of it in first run, but I've read around 1.75 million words of fanfiction by now. This type of story sequence actually has an appeal very like that of fanfiction as a whole, to build and build around a set of beginnings to deliver punctuated moments of oomph from time to time.

While the relationship is notably different, reading the end of Chapter 8 had me thinking of Ffordesoon's "Heaven is a Dark Place". There's always a part of me that's thinking about possible directions in the pieces I'm reading, so it wasn't a total surprise, but I don't think of that lack as a failing. Frankly I think that it's important that there be enough foreshadowing for moments like these or it feels like a sudden OOC shift. Of course it needs to be balanced against not feeling totally predictable and boring, and it's never going to hit the right note for all readers, but there's room in there.

I appreciate the presence of authors' notes like the one here. It helps the analysis and the re-read value to have that additional perspective.

Congratulations on a magnificent job.

My condolences for your loss.
Texan Red Rose chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
Speechless, Trahern. I just don't know how else to describe my reaction. Brilliant collection.
Freaked Wotan chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
I enjoyed this fic, and that feels quite morbid... The cartoon did indeed shy away from obvious consequenses to actions. I never did like So The Drama. I dunno, I felt it was rushed. Any chance we can see a quick update of Between Bouts? So we can get passed all this drama? ;)

Whatever you do, I'll read it and enjoy it

Regards

/Wotan
Shadows of Revelation chapter 9 . 2/7/2012
I really enjoyed So The Funeral. It is a sad subject when anybody dies, but when written correctly, just so entertaining because it brings a whole new perspective into the story. I would like to see a follow-up for chapter 8, there hasn't been a good story where one or more of the main characters are ghosts in quite a while.