Reviews for Never Enough
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Are you going to update?
FangirlingFanatic chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
This is amazing... So truly beautiful I'm crying and working my way through a pint of ice cream just to deal... This is just. Wow.
Chyloe chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Quinn DOES have a soft spot for Kurt, doesn't she. Nice to see it in fics.
BladeMaxwell-GoddessofDeath chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Awesome story!
I really enjoyed it!
I feel bad for Kurt but I loved how Blaine handled the instigator!
Great write
Kudos
Blade
Gazlover12-Canada chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
This was wonderful! Well, I mean not wonderful for poor Kurt, but oh my gosh this was written beautifully. I love everyone comforting him and stuff, and it was so nice! Excellent job my friend, excellent job! *adds to favs*
FangirlFreakYoli chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
This was awesome! I has also always thought what would happend if Kurt got hit by the slushie! Awesome !
Amira Devant chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I wish this was longer. I love it!
Angry!Blaine is epic and honestly, that was a more honest reaction to what the Warblers did. It wasn't just about the slushy and the injury but the absolute breaking of trust and intention of harm.
Poor Kurt... His face will never be the same. Chemical burns are deep.
StrainAsylum chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Foolish! So, so foolish. Regardless of his fear, NOT taking him to the hospital, particularly with burns and lesions to the cornea in addition to a potential concussion is child neglect. I almost lost my eye from ONE small lesion from a single piece of sand. The opthamologist had to come in even on weekends for 2 weeks to check up and I was using 4 different kinds of eyedrops every hour on the hour. It took years before I could wear contacts again.

Outside of that, the story is pretty well written and the anger management discussion is interesting.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Whoa
Guest chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I would very much be interested in seeing this one shot story turned into a multi chapter story. You write your characters very well, especially Blaine. I love it when people write Blaine with anger management problems (as long as he isn't hurting Kurt physically). I'm very interested in seeing Blaine struggling with his anger and Kurt finding out about all his issues.
past decembers chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Alkjasdlfkj I just...love this so much. After watching this episode, I wanted to punch Sebastian too.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Oooh. There are definitely moments when I wish that Carole would strong-arm Kurt, because even if he hates hospitals, chemical burns are serious and he'd feel so much better with some hardcore painkillers. Sufficing with what they have at home - cool washcloths and over-the-counter drugs - isn't really enough for him to recover from this, but at least it gives him a night of peace. Still. Poor Kurt. Someone needs to get him professional help before permanent damage is done, and if it causes a little emotional trauma in the meantime, then unfortunately, he'll just have to deal with it. At least emotional trauma can be handled in due time; permanent damage from the chemical burns could affect him for the rest of his life. Oh well. I presume that Carole knows what she's doing by making the call not to go to the hospital, and if Kurt's sleepy enough to almost doze off on Blaine, then he mustn't be in too much pain. (Still a considerable amount, but not enough that the drowsy side effects of painkillers can't affect him.)

Someone needs to help that poor child sometimes. He breaks my heart with his stubborn streaks. I once read a character meta about how Kurt didn't have any character flaws and they were craving for something bad to happen because of Kurt and not simply to Kurt. I disagree: Kurt's stubborn and at times self-absorbed. I know that I've mentioned before that Blaine internalizes, which is true (he broke my heart when he decided not to tell Kurt about all his issues because Kurt had enough to deal with), but Kurt is incredibly tight-guarded with the people that he lets into his confidence. He doesn't accept many of them into his full confidence, and there are certainly issue that he refuses to tell even his most trusted acquaintances, but at the same time, even making it to the point where Kurt trusts a person is a huge leap for him. He's friendly to strangers (read: Brody) but at the same time he rarely lets anyone into his trust. Self-absorption is almost an inherent consequence of this: he's so focused on protecting himself that he doesn't always regard how he's affecting other people (paired with stubbornness, it's a lethal combination).

I love Kurt, and I want to make that very clear. I love the way that you write him and I think that you are very truthful to his character. He's not a perfect individual and it's not only 'bad things happening to him,' sometimes it's 'bad things happening because of Kurt.' In this case, by not letting Carole take him to the hospital, he's risking more serious damage to his face. He might concede later on to go so that he can receive additional treatment, but he refused to be taken in immediately, which could ultimately affect the severity and duration of his injuries. Thus: Kurt is the source of his own prolonged discomfort, and his stubbornness prevents his friends and family from helping him beyond the basics. It's heartbreaking because it would be easier if he wasn't so petrified of hospitals, but it is understandable and I don't blame him for taking a tainted slushy to the face. It wasn't his fault, and it certainly wasn't Blaine's, who would understandably be beating himself up over the fact.

We haven't seen angry!Blaine a lot in your works (the only other example that comes to mind is when Francey drags him off to the Dalton gym to box because he's just fuming and he can't be brought down with words), but it's a fascinating side to explore. It's like stubborn!Kurt: it's definitely a character flaw, because it prevents him from comforting Kurt and finding out the problem with him as soon as possible and instead targets the secondary issue - in this case, Sebastian. He loses his grip on all of his anger management techniques because this is a situation that registers off the scale of /not okay./ He's not really thinking straight when he goes after Sebastian, and it's proven when he's surprised to come back to himself and see the damage already done. Good thing Puck intervened; things could have gotten ugly in more ways than one if he hadn't. It was interesting to read his thought process throughout this, and compare it to the way that Kurt handled the reality: Blaine being slushied.

Interestingly enough, Kurt might have avoided a slushy /facial/ entirely if things had gone according to Sebastian's plans. He had the cup aimed so that it was only about chest-level with Kurt: enough to permanently damage his clothes and get the message across without actually harming Kurt. Splashes of it could have hit his throat and hands, but other than that, it probably wouldn't have been a direct hit. On the other hand, Blaine threw himself directly in front of the slushy, unintentionally putting himself right in the path of a dead-on slushy facial. It's just interesting to read how the two scenarios compare, and without Blaine's intervention, it's probable that Kurt could have taken a bad hit (even in the face).

I loved reading how you wrote this moment from both alternatives. I hope that none of what I've written above detracts from that opinion, because I really do think incredibly highly of your work and I enjoy all of your pieces. I just get caught up in my own meta sometimes. ;)

Great job!
Swyrel chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I'm sorry, I was really enjoying your story, but I had to stop reading. No one (especially a nurse) in their right mind would not take a someone to the hospital with second or third degree burns. Those are serious medical conditions that could even cause you to need skin grafts. You really played that down, and it wasn't realistic enough for me to keep reading.

I realize that the focus of this fic was Kurt being hurt and Blaine being there to help and dealing with his emotions at the same time, but if you're going to use a medical condition, you need to use it correctly.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
WHY ISN'T THERE MORE OH MY GOD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was awesome, and I love Blaine breaking Sebastian's nose; I always felt that Sebastian should have gotten what was coming to him.

However, there are some things I wanted to point out. If he had chemical burns to the face, any decent nurse would have insisted on an ER trip immediately. Even if they weren't chemical burns, there's the concern that the airway or the eyes could be compromised, so they should have taken him to the emergency room. Also, what you described are first degree burns. Second and third degree are much worse; skin blistering and blackening - it's really not pretty.

Just some general tips. Anyway, I really liked it and your Blaine is totally awesome.