Reviews for A Fine Romance
Love your story! Although the last 10-15 chapters could do with some trimming and perhaps a little more time could be spend on why Ron was acting the way he was... Other than that: i loved it! :)
Martionmanswife chapter 47 . 2/3
to be honest, this has been a real favorite of mine. I know my favorites list is VERY long, but I have been reading amazing stories for years now.

I am pleased to have this one on it. So I can read it over and over again. It makes me smile.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 11/12/2014
I really like this chapter. I was stunned that either Lucius or Harry were so honest with each other, but glad to see it. And very happy that Luna has more insight than either one of them.

But...Snape still needs some help (if only by hiding Ron's body) so he doesn't end in prison.
noreenklose chapter 47 . 11/11/2014
Great story!
The only objection I have is that you went too easy on Ron. (Needless to say, I despise Ron). You gave him an excuse for his actions in your story. But if you look at the character throughout all 7 books, he's a cad from the get go. (And I'm putting it mildly, at that!) Ron's behavior deserves 4 letter words that don't belong on a public forum. Putting pet peeve aside now ;-D
Objection aside, the story was very heartwarming, and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Kezzasilver chapter 47 . 11/1/2014
What a wonderful story. Thank you so much for writing this. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 10/11/2014
Actually, I can't really blame Ron for not wanting any more twin pranks. They were odiously abusive, and God only knows what they did to Percy, too (and there's that little near murder and permanent brain damage for Montague). So my sympathy for George is limited.

However, Molly should have intervened long before now; she was still Ron's mother and allowed him to abuse Hermione even though she figured out what was going on.

Still, this is just the beginning.
Ebony Starstorm chapter 47 . 9/29/2014
Your story is amazing. xD As such, it is both favorited and C2'd.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 9/29/2014
Oh, dear; how very ghastly for Hermione, especially. I'm so glad that Snape was there to hold her as she fell.

And I suspect that Snape can tell what Ron is, just from the pattern of her bruises.

Poor Hugo, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 9/14/2014
I love the backstory you've created between Harry and Severus; they have become friends and family of a sort.

And it's true that few around Hermione noticed the Glamours, or having noticed them, did anything.

But Harry does understand how Snape feels. Surprised he didn't ask to come along ('is this a private party, or can anybody play?").

However, Lucius has long been Snape's favorite hunting partner...
jessica441 chapter 47 . 9/12/2014
I really liked this but I kinda wished that you had included harry and luna and their boys in your epilogue.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 8/31/2014
What a lovely tour of the place! One hopes that all traces of dear Peter have been eradicated by now. And I bet that there are still places that Hermione and Rose don't know about yet.

Still, library pon farr will keep Hermione amused for quite some time yet, I expect.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 8/31/2014
Frankly, there was no Life Debt; Snape never felt any compulsion to save James at all (and James acted to save Remus from being put down, not because of Snape, let's be real). But the compulsion or obsession about Lily was quite real, and one has to wonder how much Dumbledore might have to do with that.

That's over, though (again, one wonders if giving the memories to Harry finally freed Snape, and, you know, Albus seemed to know quite a bit about memory modification when he was talking to Harry, didn't he?).

I love the moments of quiet love between him and Rose, though, and the longing for Hermione that he doesn't think he's worthy of.

Harry-guess who just gave up mastery of the Elder Wand here, I might add-knows now that Ron is toast. French toast. With butter.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 8/31/2014
Yes, the memory of fire will haunt Hermione for a long time, especially when she smells anything burnt.

But for now, she sleeps on goosedown, and soon even her dreams will mellow.
Jimbocous chapter 47 . 8/28/2014
thanks for a "fine read!" :)
Jimbocous chapter 21 . 8/27/2014
Certainly not problem doing an update like this in my mind, even though strictly speaking it is a violation of the site's TOS. But I would suggest that in future when you are ready to resume it might be good to replace a notes chapter like this with actual content instead of stepping ahead to the next. You're publishing for posterity, right? :)