Reviews for Preferred Stock
Miss Mercury101 chapter 36 . 5/7
This has been a wonderful story to read.
playitagainsam chapter 36 . 3/22
This is one of my favorite fics ever. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time, I laughed and cried so many times while reading it. I've never been so invested in a fic before, up to the point that I'd stay up the whole night and morning (without a single but of sleep) to finish the whole thing, non-stop.

I also love how you utilize your background in creating the AU universe of the fic. There have been a few modern reimaginings of various of various fandoms, but it works so well in his context - the inner workings of the financial world, journalism, art, and even a bit of politics. Those headlines and ledes? Excellent way of writing about what you know. Many fic writers fail because they would use a universe they're unfamiliar with and their stories would end up a mess because they had no idea what they were talking about. This is the opposite with that.

Thank you so, so much for making me fall in love with Matthew and Mary Crawley all over again. I've missed them so much and this is absolutely beautiful.
playitagainsam chapter 36 . 3/22
This is one of my favorite fics ever. I stayed up the whole night and morning just finishing the whole thing, non-stop. I've never been so invested in a fic before, it's just that good.

I love that you really know the AU subject matter - some writers pick a universe they're unfamiliar with and write about it, and often their fics end up a mess because they don't know what they're talking about. But it's great that you utilized yor background very well - the inner workings of the finance world, with journalism, art, and bits of current events thrown in. I wish I could do the same.

Please continue writing stories, whether they be fanfics it original fiction. Your style is wonderful and you have a great way with interweaving exciting and gripping plot lines with poignant, emotionally-driven moments. Thank you for making me fall in love with Matthew and Mary Crawley all over again. I've missed them.
eyeon chapter 1 . 3/1
One of the best fanfics ever
mar-hhr4ever chapter 36 . 1/26
So I just re-read this story as a form of stress release from my Masters. I love it every time and I notice something new everytime. I'm considering saving it to my kindle just so I can carry it in a more easy fashion!
ARCurren chapter 36 . 12/29/2014
Congratulations!

This is a wonderful story and you should be so proud at how you've steered this ship to port, pun intended- sort of. Because, incredibly, M/M are only one of about a dozen stories you had me invested in, all of which you paid out in full. I'm pretty sure Mary is your favorite to write, but in any part of PS, I could be convinced that it's Aurelie or Percy or Alastair or the French housekeeper. You fully inhabited their lives, their minds, their hearts, even if we only met them for a brief line here or there- and that, I think, is the secret to your ability to capture and covey so much with such spare prose. You're a Brando of writers. :)

Naturally, I LOVED the end- Matthew's new job (!), lager on the line, Eddie in an optimistic place, Lilou- all you told us and all you didn't. "It got better" for everyone- not perfect, nothing unearned- a nice place to close the book.

You really achieved a remarkable feat- you took characters/relationships we know and love and made them more and made us love them more; you made us care about a bunch of new characters/relationships, not a dud in there. You did all this in an arcane world which you made accessible. You carried a dozen intertwined stories/relationships to satisfying conclusion- and for all the evolutions, PS ended just as entertaining and enchanting as it was at the start. You have done on every metric what Fellowes has not been able to do- and you did it only with words and a keen insight into what the characters want and what they need.

I can't wait to see what you do next!
Brava, friend and thank you!
jmar chapter 36 . 12/29/2014
Ahhhh...a contented sigh. They dropped the 'Thorpe' (yay), discovered more life than finance, found a way to balance it all, had a baby (!) & are still in love. It can't get any better than that (unless you wanted to do some gruesome things to Patrick...). A nice package, all neatly wrapped up with a bow on it. Thanks so much for such a wonderful wonderful ride :-) My compliments to the chef!
LOSTforHOUSE chapter 36 . 12/28/2014
This story is outstanding and you're a very skilled writer, to be able to weave these stories and keep the voices of the characters from the show we all love together is really masterful. Brava!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/27/2014
REEEEALLY nice fanfic. I loved every chapter!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/26/2014
This story is something special.
Well down doesn't cut it, nor does thank you. You have a talent, and I am grateful for the way in which you have put it into use.
Lilou, how perfect.
eyeon chapter 36 . 12/27/2014
Awesomeness! Well except that I don't like endings. But as endings go, this is a great one. So many questions though. What is Lilou short for? Was Edie not painting b/c she wasn't depressed anymore? Did she end up with Ben? Did Patrick get hanged? Did Holly and Percy ever get married? Did Matthew fix Centerbank before he left? Did Mary fly the corporate jet to New York? Did they win the game (or face the wrath of Scraps)? Could there please be an epilogue? Thank you so much for this; the journey has been lovely!
EOlivet chapter 36 . 12/27/2014
Now THAT is what you call a Christmas special! :) Mary running her family business and Matthew in his own business. I could think of no happier ending. :D The references to the thumbs - wonderful callback to when this M/M first fell in love so long ago. Wonderful to see Jemma, Sybil and Eddie (the consultant like Sherlock, hee!) again. And Mary and Rob reading the newspapers together brought such a smile to my face (the reminder that the estate is also Mary's, sigh). Such a fitting ending to a story about love and family - of all kinds. :D For a story that started as a clever take on DA, turned into a searing romance, became equal parts compelling drama and exciting thriller, I loved this quiet denouement. And the name change for the company was all kinds of perfect. :D I have so loved being a part of this world for the last two years - I am sad to see it go, but happy to know all my favorites have ended up happy. Thank you for sharing your talent and your novel. Take a bow, and keep writing! :D
Speetsy chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
I think I'm in shock. It's over? After all this time? I don't know how to properly grieve this enormous loss. You'll probably be onto bigger and better things now. I can't thank you enough for this story. I lived and loved alongside Matthew and Mary for what seems like forever. You must have as well. How else would you have masterfully crafted this wonderful (words fail me in the moment) story. You deserve money and acclaim for PS. Alas, I'm not influential enough to win you anything. Thank you so much and I'm applauding you from Nebraska. Merry Christmas and I hope to continue enjoying your work for years to come.

3 Sam
Guest chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
I loved it and at the same time am sad it's over. Thank you for entertaining us all. I do hope this is not the end of your Mary/Matthew writing. Thanks very much!
Lala Kate chapter 36 . 12/26/2014
Brava! It's like the end of a beautiful era, but oh, how glad I am tho have been a part of it.
1,080 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »